News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Bears! and SOH Tactics GX physical versions available for plus/GX4000

Started by dthrone, 17:16, 20 January 24

Previous topic - Next topic

dthrone

After some months of trying to make this work, I am very pleased to now be able to offer physical versions of Bears! and SOH Tactics GX for the plus/GX4000.

Features and please see the attached pictures -

*  Cartridge board housed in a 3D printed cartridge shell coloured grey
*  Newly designed high quality 300dpi professionally printed sleeve and cart label
*  Fitted securely in a plastic outer case, approx DVD sized so perfect for storing on a shelf
*  Instruction booklet

*  Bears! is the 2020 update with bug fix
*  SOH Tactics GX is a new hardware v1.3 with previous bugs fixes and also a new intro screen (the game no longer boots straight to the title screen)

My intention is to keep my future released consistent in this style.

The cartridge boards have been produced by Dan Isaac aka overange.  The service he provided was excellent and I can highly recommend him.  I also want to thank him for his invaluable advice on various other aspects of making these happen.

The price is £24.99 per game (1991 prices!) + P&P via Paypal.  Tracked UK P&P is £4.75.  I will confirm tracked postage for EU/rest of world when ordering.  Buyer liable for any import duties etc.  Of course I will combine postage if you would like both games.

I have a limited stock of each game available for immediate despatch.  First come first served but I'll prioritise people wanting a copy of both games.  If there is enough interest I will of course produce a 2nd batch.  I'm initially putting these up on the wiki to see how it goes then will advertise them on other channels.

Please PM me if you would like one! :)

GUNHED

Oh, WoW! That looks 1000% like the original games for the GX4000!!!  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) ;) :)
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

overange

Thanks for the shoutout! 

It's been awesome helping make your game a reality. 

Tried out the Cartridges during testing, and I gotta say, the game is really solid. 

Could this be the first GX4000/Plus game release with hardware in almost 30 years, complete with a game case? 

In recent years, I've seen lots of cool hardware homebrew releases for such systems as the Atari and Vectrex Systems with snazzy looking cases. 

Now, it's just plain cool to see another system getting in on the action with new titles and something you can actually hold ;D .

Current Usable Collection = 800XL / XE Remake / 1100 Drive / Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k ( Rubber Key ) / Sinclair ZX Spectrum Harliquin 128k ( Rubber Key ) / Amstrad CPC6128 Plus / Amstrad GX4000 / Sega Master System / Sega Mega Drive / Nintendo DMG-01 Gameboy / Amiga CD32 / AMSTRAD MEGAPC 386SX and possibly the UKs largest Collection of Competition Pro Joysticks, so far 40 different variations and always looking for more

ldaneels

I just received both physical versions of the games & I have to say, everything is of a very high standard (much better than the cheap repros you find on Ebay).
I would definitely recommend checking out both games (both are freeware) before purchasing physical editions, but I, for one, am very happy with my purchase.
Keep them coming !

Dubliner

I also received mine and couldn´t be happier with the overall quality. :D

asertus

Received and played both games during this weekend.. My first "plus" games really looking like those 30 years ago..