News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Two Player Games with Two Joysticks

Started by Phantomz, 17:24, 14 May 16

Previous topic - Next topic

Phantomz

@blackdalek

If you or anyone else downloaded the file in the last post, you will need to redownload it, I had to make a small change.  ;)

blackdalek

@Phantomz
I am happy to report that your latest Bubble Bobble file will load from SD card no problems.

Thank you for taking some time out of your weekend to work on other people's issues ;)  ;D
CPC6128 modded with ABBA switch. External 5.25" floppy drive with side switch and Multiface 2. Now also sporting a joystick splitter and M4 WiFi board.

VincentGR

Big fan of this work.
Can't remember if there is a link where everything you've made are in one folder.

Phantomz

Quote from: blackdalek on 05:11, 06 January 18
@Phantomz
I am happy to report that your latest Bubble Bobble file will load from SD card no problems.

Thank you for taking some time out of your weekend to work on other people's issues ;)  ;D

You're welcome, I do what I can for fellow Amstrad Fans.  :D

Quote from: VincentGR on 14:00, 06 January 18
Big fan of this work.
Can't remember if there is a link where everything you've made are in one folder.

I don't think so, just this thread and also the gx4000 games page.

remax

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 10:10, 05 January 18

HxC from the last couple of firmwares support dsk now. I can confirm it works quite nicely. (although I can't confirm write support yet as I rarely write to disks with it) :)
As far as i know it's wrong for SD HXC.

Envoyé de mon SM-G930F en utilisant Tapatalk

Brain Radioactivity

gaos74

Hi Phantomz,

Fan of your work mate!

Any chance to add 2nd joystick support to Basket Master?

Phantomz

Quote from: gaos74 on 08:46, 29 January 18
Hi Phantomz,

Fan of your work mate!

Any chance to add 2nd joystick support to Basket Master?

@gaos74

Here is " Basket Master " with 2nd Joystick support.  8)

F7, F4, F2, F3, F0 remapped to Joypad 2

6 is now remapped to P for Pause.

All other keys remain the same.

I've included, English, Spanish and Greek versions in the rar.  ;)

gaos74

You are amazing!!!!!!!

Thanks mate!!!!!!

kawickboy

Nice job. Nowadays it's easy to find high quality Y-DB9 adapter for CPC. Basket master needed a such release. Can i suggest you to list on the 1st or 2nd post all your 2 joysticks release ?

Some suggestions:
- Best of the Best
- Deathsword
- Zap't Balls

gaos74

Hi Phantomz

I was wondering whether Galaxia is easy to be redefined for joystick support.

Don't know what the programmer was thinking when he wrote the game without joystick support.

Phantomz

Quote from: gaos74 on 18:55, 12 April 18
Hi Phantomz

I was wondering whether Galaxia is easy to be redefined for joystick support.

Don't know what the programmer was thinking when he wrote the game without joystick support.

@gaos74

Here is " Galaxia " with joystick control instead of keyboard, I've only changed the playing controls, not space to start or anything else, I hope this is ok.  :)

gaos74

freemac

TURBO on second button of joystick in CHASEHQ ?
(GEAR, accelerate, brake, left, right, (pause), TURBO) - space by default

Phantomz

Quote from: freemac on 23:15, 17 April 18
TURBO on second button of joystick in CHASEHQ ?
(GEAR, accelerate, brake, left, right, (pause), TURBO) - space by default

@freemac

Are you asking for Turbo to be remapped to Joystick Fire Button 2, no other changes?

freemac

Quote from: Phantomz on 15:47, 18 April 18
@freemac

Are you asking for Turbo to be remapped to Joystick Fire Button 2, no other changes?

Yes, exactly :)

freemac

And a spindizzy with a accelerate on X and brake on Z shall be more funny than an useless small jump only on X (do put the jump on 3rd button :D )

Phantomz

@freemac

Here is " Chase HQ ", Joytstick button 2 is now Turbo.

Phantomz

Quote from: freemac on 23:34, 18 April 18
And a spindizzy with a accelerate on X and brake on Z shall be more funny than an useless small jump only on X (do put the jump on 3rd button :D )

I don't believe " Spindizzy " has a jump button!

Here is " Spindizzy " with brake on Joystick Button 2.

Gryzor

gaos74

Hi Phantomz

Cannot open the Galaxia file with WinRAR :(

Can you please reupload?

Phantomz

Quote from: gaos74 on 21:21, 22 April 18
Hi Phantomz

Cannot open the Galaxia file with WinRAR :(

Can you please reupload?

I'm using " WinRAR 5.50 (64-bit) " , it works fine for me, if I reupload it, it will be the same and won't work for you.

Maybe update your software or maybe someone could upload it as a zip, what software are you using?

VincentGR

gaos74

Thank you both!

Yeah - my winrar was too old.

freemac

And a very hard one to do (stupid menu "defining keyboard" at begin of game), and strangely ignoring completly both the 2 joysticks entries (this way you can hack something to detected then ?), and 2 player game... stupid second button (select) forced on keyboard.

North & South (by Éditions Dupuis S.A., a Belgian publisher of comic albums and magazine)

Phantomz

Quote from: freemac on 19:47, 07 May 18
And a very hard one to do (stupid menu "defining keyboard" at begin of game), and strangely ignoring completly both the 2 joysticks entries (this way you can hack something to detected then ?), and 2 player game... stupid second button (select) forced on keyboard.

North & South (by Éditions Dupuis S.A., a Belgian publisher of comic albums and magazine)

@freemac

I haven't got real hardware at hand at the moment to check this out.

I just loaded the game in winape, I selected 2 players, then joystick option for player 1, I pressed joypad 1 button 2 for select, then selected keyboard for player 2, I selected R, T, 6, 5, G, F for LEFT, RIGHT, UP, DOWN, FIRE, SELECT.

Both Joypads work in emulation like this, doesn't the same thing work on real hardware?