News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

what are people playing on their cpc's this week ?

Started by cpc4eva, 08:41, 05 April 14

Previous topic - Next topic

VincentGR

Mother of all versions, Dragon Ninja!!!
A bit better hit detection when while changing platforms but the game is awesome on my beloved 6128.

CraigsBar

Quote from: VincentGR on 21:37, 10 February 15
Mother of all versions, Dragon Ninja!!!
A bit better hit detection when while changing platforms but the game is awesome on my beloved 6128.
on my CPC? This week, nothing unfortunately, but this is because my JXD S7800b arrived. Wow, what a handheld. I am amazed it can emulate a Sega Dreamcast, and more so that virtua tennis is playable.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Puresox

I may be interested in one of these. Is it pretty user friendly/Is it pre configured with emulators etc?

CraigsBar

Yes very, they now seem to be shipping with the android 4.4.4 upgrade pre installed.

The emulator selection is amazing. I am a bit suspect over the legality of their free downloads of apps that are paid for in the play store, the same goes for the emulator ROMs.

dcdrac

Puresox

Quote from: CraigsBar on 18:30, 11 February 15
Yes very, they now seem to be shipping with the android 4.4.4 upgrade pre installed.

The emulator selection is amazing. I am a bit suspect over the legality of their free downloads of apps that are paid for in the play store, the same goes for the emulator ROMs.
Last question are the Joypad and controls good quality? Without wishing to hyjack the thread too much.

CraigsBar

Yes. Above what I was expecting. The range of movement on the analog sticks is wonderful. I just played smash TV in mame and it has working proper arcade controls. Meaning 2 joysticks.

Hicks

Megablasters - Escape from Castle in the Clouds, of  course ;)
I was quite proud to reach the level 4, because the game is quite difficult!

TFM

Half the way there. Some later levels are harder, some are not. You'll make it!  :) :) :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

CraigsBar

Quote from: CraigsBar on 21:34, 11 February 15
Yes. Above what I was expecting. The range of movement on the analog sticks is wonderful. I just played smash TV in mame and it has working proper arcade controls. Meaning 2 joysticks.
OK this will be the last S7800b comment in this thread... This is such a good device it just proves that android is crying out for a plus/gx emulator. I would live to play the best pang home port on my new toy, but can't. I wonder if there would be interest in a S7800b as as prize for an android plus emulator. I'd donate £30 towards the purchase price of the prize console.

seanb

Thought I'd try captain america.

So after I finally figured out how to start the game, kept getting mocked for scratching my head... honestly, i died and game over less than a second into it.

Got a bit further on my second go except I threw my shield away and then couldn't do anything other than commit suicide.

Of to try camelot warriors
Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!

trabitboy

I'm moving houses so my cpc is packed and my CRT's unreachable.

I find myself craving for a go at sub hunter and invasion of the zombie monsters  :P

I have been playing them regularly since winter 2013 I guess !!!!!!
( coming back to them at least once a week )

Gryzor

@VincentGR : I've always maintained that RD was not that hard. It was a memory game. Of course you need time and patience, both of which tend to be lacking as we grow older, but Rick Dangerous can definitely be finished...

Gryzor, on the other hand, I think I hadn't finished it back in the day :D Got back to it a few years back and dusted my skills off :)

Puresox

Playing Vampire, really well put together game, I think anyhow.

VincentGR

Quote from: Gryzor on 12:52, 23 February 15
@VincentGR : I've always maintained that RD was not that hard. It was a memory game. Of course you need time and patience, both of which tend to be lacking as we grow older, but Rick Dangerous can definitely be finished...

Gryzor, on the other hand, I think I hadn't finished it back in the day :D Got back to it a few years back and dusted my skills off :)

I'll agree for R1, R2 is beyond my powers.
Χρόνια πολλά αδερφέ  :D

Gryzor

Not sure if RD2 is more difficult, but then again I never played it in depth...

Καλά χταπόδια :)

Puresox

Los Inhumanos- Been checking this out ,pretty nicely programmed game.

cpc4eva

Quote from: Puresox on 18:48, 04 March 15
Los Inhumanos- Been checking this out ,pretty nicely programmed game.

hahaha mailboxes shooting out envelopes at you in a prehistorik setting loved it.... but how do you get out of there just seem to be wandering around the place???  Playing it for 1st time checked out the manual on cpc power but not in english.....

so i've been playing today Easter Friday day off work..... Los Inhumanos, Darts, Leaderboard, Track and Field, Endzone, Hardball and Graham Gooch Cricket.

Puresox

Titanic Blinky, real shame there is no music in this , had it a decent tune the game would be great  enjoyable title . Did they run out of space I wonder, Or performance issues?

Puresox

Jet-pac , really grateful for this addition to the CPC's library , great game, good for a quick blast, my high score so far 23,050. loads of room for improvement thats for sure .
Oh and giving Audiogenics World Class Rugby a spin, I'm amazed at how well they pulled off , quite a complex style of game. I think it plays better than most of the football games on the cpc..

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

AMSDOS

I played "La Guerra de Gamber" like there was no tomorrow and was dead - game over before I was half way through. I played "Jim Power" the same way and was able to get to the end of the first level, but Jim Died with no scenery around him. :laugh:  "Invasion of the Zombie Monsters" still irritates me, even more annoying that it got a 9 on reviews. :o 
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

cpc4eva

Quote from: Puresox on 22:14, 26 April 15
Oh and giving Audiogenics World Class Rugby a spin, I'm amazed at how well they pulled off , quite a complex style of game. I think it plays better than most of the football games on the cpc..

i quite enjoy it too but its a bit quirky with the gameplay and the GFX are naff as but it does play well cant remember if it had any nice tunes ?

was just on FB and someone has posted IK+ on one of those 8bit groups and they chatted about if you pressed certain keys easter eggs in the c64 and Amiga version would occur like dropping paints, change of background colour and a pac man would appear on screen...... so i loaded up the CPC IK+ and had a play around but i couldnt get any easter eggs by pressing the keys has anyone found any on the CPC version???

cpc4eva

been playing Warhawk and classic invaders theres a retro forever group on Fb that has had these games as a high score challenge if anyone else is interested in playing come on down :)

zeropolis79

When I can keep my goddaughter off Paperboy (please someone, adapt it for the GX4000 C4CPC cart!), I've been playing B.A.T by UBISoft. Good game.