News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

what are people playing on their cpc's this week ?

Started by cpc4eva, 08:41, 05 April 14

Previous topic - Next topic

VincentGR

Today I fired up my original CPC (the one I have since 88)
I tried one of my favs for one round.

That snake game with the super scrolling from Titus collection 2.

Madcommodore

I was playing Stunt Car Racer on the CPC this week, I was curious to see how the 8bit versions played because I only had an Amiga by then.

VincentGR

Quote from: Madcommodore on 12:22, 30 March 19
I was playing Stunt Car Racer on the CPC this week, I was curious to see how the 8bit versions played because I only had an Amiga by then.

In my top 10 list.
I played all version, loved the Amiga one but the DOS version had unlocked framerate.
Also the new BBC version is fantastic.

ukmarkh

Quote from: Madcommodore on 12:22, 30 March 19

Try the Atari 800 XL version as well, it's new and uses 128k, blisteringly fast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Madcommodore

The ST version is a little bit faster than the Amiga one too but without the sound of the creaking wooden boards on the turns on either of those two alternate versions the game loses a lot of atmosphere. You can of course play the ST version on a Mega STE (16mhz 68000) or an Amiga 1200 but I can't remember if they work on either upgraded model....will have to go and check now.

Of course the 8bit versions didn't have that so for them framerate is everything.

VincentGR

The Amiga has the TNT version that has some new levels and faster speed but still skipping frames.

Madcommodore

Quote from: VincentGR on 12:54, 30 March 19
The Amiga has the TNT version that has some new levels and faster speed but still skipping frames.

TNT is a compilation? Or was that on the 8 bits. I will have to check that one out, maybe look at them running side by side.

I was playing Z by Rino Software, I had this on my own C64 but my best friend who had a CPC never bought it. It's surprisingly nice actually, very playable Time Pilot 84 type game.

VincentGR

Stuntcar racer TNT version.
Stand alone disk and WHDLoad.

catenaccio

Still playing Match Day II some days. One of the best playability on soccer games

yorgos

On the emulator, I've been playing Reflex and Dragon Ninja so far !

Well the week isn't over yet !!!

Madcommodore

Quote from: VincentGR on 17:49, 30 March 19
Stuntcar racer TNT version.
Stand alone disk and WHDLoad.

Cheers will check that out  :)

I was quite impressed with Alien Storm, thought it was another game that puts the CPC 16 colour mode to great use. Surprisingly good conversion of the coin-op.

ukmarkh

Talking of Amiga, I need to play these

Madcommodore

Was playing Afterburner today, I thought it was actually quite good compared to other 8 bit versions.

Targhan

Played "Le Necromancien". An awesome (french) adventure game. Finished it! If you understand French, play it, you won't regret it.
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

Madcommodore

I enjoyed playing Star Raiders II on the CPC a lot (hideous on the C64 and great on the Atari), also played Rescue on Fractalus is OK too but just as slow as the C64 version so not quite as responsive as the Atari versions. Probably a lot of room for 6502 to Z80 code optimisation missed out there.

mahlemiut

Been trying to remember Avenger, and finally finished it.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/433313455
- Barry Rodewald

JayBlood

Played one of my favourite: The seacred Armour of Antiriad. Hard with no cheats, but really impressive game for the past. :)
Jay

BZHGames

I'm trying to beat Vincent GR's record on Rick Dangerous, but I can not do it  ???
Online games : Tetris, Connect4, Reversi, Marvel Memory, Laby and Amstrad games
https://bzhgames.xyz/

zeropolis79

I used an emulator for this, but I've been playing both versions of Pinball Magic for my latest video..

tjohnson

I've been playing a bit of continental circus. 

260Z

Been given Who Dares Wins II a run again. A fun little game in my view.

Finally managed to source an original Alligator version which makes it all the better.... Lol

ukmarkh

Quote from: 260Z on 10:51, 04 June 19
Been given Who Dares Wins II a run again. A fun little game in my view.

Finally managed to source an original Alligator version which makes it all the better.... Lol

Always hated that it didn't scroll, but as a budget game I enjoyed it [emoji1303]

BZHGames

I could not beat VincentGR at Rick Dangerous, but now there is even stronger with Shaun M. Neary  :-[
Online games : Tetris, Connect4, Reversi, Marvel Memory, Laby and Amstrad games
https://bzhgames.xyz/

mahlemiut

Managed to finish Back To Reality last night.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/449391683
- Barry Rodewald