News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

what are people playing on their cpc's this week ?

Started by cpc4eva, 08:41, 05 April 14

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigsBar

Well this week, I am working through the Spanish coding compo 2014 tape. So far I just live 2048.... The music is wonderful, anyone know who wrote it?
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Puresox

After watching Lukozer's you tube channel's review of Zolyx for the C64. I had to check out the Amstrad version again to see how it compared.And was pretty impressed with the conversion , for some reason I had written it off when I had played it in the past. Really good game , and that is what I am playing mainly this week .

Carnivius

Dunno if you can call it 'playing' but I been loading up more recent RoboCop Prime stuff to check it all looks fine on a real CPC.   And it does.  So that's nice.

Oh and some blasty fun on UN Squadron! 
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

seanb

Quote from: Carnivac on 15:51, 07 July 15
Dunno if you can call it 'playing' but I been loading up more recent RoboCop Prime stuff to check it all looks fine on a real CPC.   And it does.  So that's nice.

Oh and some blasty fun on UN Squadron!

Show off.
hope its unplayable.

I don't mean that, I really don't.
I want to play it so badly
Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!

Carnivius

Quote from: seanb on 16:43, 07 July 15

Show off.
hope its unplayable.

Well yeah it's unplayable cos it's mostly screenshots and sprites/tiles testing on the real CPC.  The running game code only exists on PC at moment.  I just like to test the colours all look right on the real CPC screen.
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

Nich

Quote from: CraigsBar on 15:20, 07 July 15
Well this week, I am working through the Spanish coding compo 2014 tape. So far I just live 2048.... The music is wonderful, anyone know who wrote it?

Les Crackers Velus.

I love 2048 as well, although the MODE 0 version looks much better than the MODE 1 version!

CraigsBar

And where is this mode 0 version? I am really impressed with the music and dithering shades. I feel a cart image coming up here.

Nich

Quote from: CraigsBar on 19:53, 07 July 15
And where is this mode 0 version? I am really impressed with the music and dithering shades. I feel a cart image coming up here.

It can be downloaded from NVG:

ftp://ftp.nvg.ntnu.no/pub/cpc/games/board/2048.zip

The file contains DSK images of both the MODE 0 and MODE 1 versions.

Dizrythmia

I finally cleaned out my back room enough to rescue my 464 & 6128. Using the tape cable & my mobile phone I loaded up Seymour Goes to Hollywood. I always wanted to give that a try...

Puresox

Playing Space Harrier II at the moment, I have to say I think SHII is a brilliant port, I was quite happy with SHI with its wire frame graphics. But the sequel tops it , moves at a decent enough pace (for an 8bit), Lovely colourful graphics, great music and there is very little noticeable  slowdown . I think they did a good job with this , great bosses and an enjoyable challenge.

Puresox

Starstrike 2 again, this game never ceases to blow me away whenever I delve into it, so much variety , and all done with superb skill and presentation, plenty of action and a little bit of  depth to keep you involved. Far superior to Elite IMO although different game in many respects

TFM

Yes, that's awesome! Also they may fascinate you: Starglider, StarFox and so.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Puresox

Hmmm Starfox , yes that one needs to be checked out , not really looked at that one, Starglider, I really want to enjoy more than I do , whenever I play it . I never seem to get very far in it ? I'd like to see a playthrough/guide of it.

Nich

Quote from: Puresox on 20:35, 21 July 15
Hmmm Starfox , yes that one needs to be checked out , not really looked at that one, Starglider, I really want to enjoy more than I do , whenever I play it . I never seem to get very far in it ? I'd like to see a playthrough/guide of it.

Here's a hint: To replenish your energy, find a power line (a set of three pillars) and fly very slowly between two of the pillars, aligning your ship with the third pillar, while hovering just above the ground.

ukmarkh

I had a go of Space Harrier 2 on the CPC... What a complete load of balls and sluggish shit. Then loaded the original, my life and balance was restored.

Puresox

I like both the Space harriers probably mentioned it before , Don't find it particularly sluggish on SH2 .

SH2 yeah it's not the quickest thing in the world , but can you really see an Amstrad throwing all those sprites around any faster ? Apart from doing it with wire frame like the first one? don't think it's a bad effort really , Especially when sluggish comes to mind with most games on the amstrad .

Puresox

Quote from: TFM on 19:53, 21 July 15
Yes, that's awesome! Also they may fascinate you: Starglider, StarFox and so.
Yep Starfox turns out to be a great game for sure , I would have turned this off in the past , had I not given it a good chance to show what good shit it had to offer, best find in ages.

Neil79

I was going to play Star Wars on Disc, but the **** didn't work and I got a refund  >:( >:(
The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

zeropolis79

Talk about football games on a CPC group on Facebook got me digging out the Soccer Stars compilation to play Gazza 2.. Great games. about the only footie game I can play!

CraigsBar

Quote from: zeropolis79 on 19:23, 23 July 15
Talk about football games on a CPC group on Facebook got me digging out the Soccer Stars compilation to play Gazza 2.. Great games. about the only footie game I can play!
I have never been a footie fan. If you cannot pick the ball up and run with it, what's the point ;)

However I do love the occasional kick about on Manchester United Europe.

remax

Quote from: CraigsBar on 12:04, 24 July 15
I have never been a footie fan. If you cannot pick the ball up and run with it, what's the point ;)

However I do love the occasional kick about on Manchester United Europe.

Well in Kick Off, i could take the ball and run in "8" around the opponents players...

How bad was his game (also it was far greater than it's sequel!).

There is only three soccer game i still play on CPC : Emilio Butrageno (too easy but really fun), Matchday II (i like to play two player at once by redefining the keys to the same configuration) and Emlyn Hughes (the best amstrad soccer game imho).

And one day i'll add the game sigh is (slowly) creating.
Brain Radioactivity

AMSDOS

Quote from: zeropolis79 on 13:08, 07 July 15I've been playing B.A.T by UBISoft. Good game.

It was one of 4 Mastergames when it was reviewed in AA68. The other 3 was a Flight Simulator game (don't remember the name), Switchblade for Cass/Disc (I think) & Total Recall.  :)
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

cosa_nostra-6128

Quote from: remax on 00:04, 25 July 15
Well in Kick Off, i could take the ball and run in "8" around the opponents players...

How bad was his game (also it was far greater than it's sequel!).

There is only three soccer game i still play on CPC : Emilio Butrageno (too easy but really fun), Matchday II (i like to play two player at once by redefining the keys to the same configuration) and Emlyn Hughes (the best amstrad soccer game imho).

And one day i'll add the game sigh is (slowly) creating.

[size=16px !important][/size]
[size=16px !important]Emilio Butragueño is fun, I like to also match day , Emlyn Hughes does not finish like me , Super michel skills you do not like ? Screen small but fairly fast game[/size]

dcdrac

Catch 23, he Armageddon Man and  Battlefield Germany

Puresox

Quote from: dcdrac on 14:08, 25 July 15
Catch 23, he Armageddon Man and  Battlefield Germany
Armageddon man, are you fluent with this game? I don't think I understood it when I looked , admittedly not read instructions or paid close attention.. Is it any good?