News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

what are people playing on their cpc's this week ?

Started by cpc4eva, 08:41, 05 April 14

Previous topic - Next topic

zeropolis79

I've not played on mine this week but will be playing Shadow of the Beast, The Pawn and Lord of the Rings when they get here.

cpc4eva

Quote from: zeropolis79 on 23:20, 10 April 14
I've not played on mine this week but will be playing Shadow of the Beast, The Pawn and Lord of the Rings when they get here.

all cpc games ?

i thought shadow of beast was not great and not reviewed well on cpc ?

the pawn and lord of the rings dont ring any bells for me were they adventures ?

just saw on the AA reviews list AA gave shadow of beast 12.99/15.99    90    80    83    85    84 rave

must have a look see if it was AA rave worthy i really thought it was canned on 8bits and only great on the 16bit amiga ?

12.99 for tape and 15.99 for disk prices inflation was rife or was it rorting ? prices were getting pretty hefty back then.

zeropolis79

I think the price of Shadow of the Beast reflected the nature of the release.. I remember the first Turtles game costing a similar price.

Pawn and Lord of the Rings are text adventures.

Shadow also saw release on the Spectrum (good) and Commodore 64 cartridge (not bad).

Gryzor

Quote from: beaker on 20:24, 05 April 14
Alien Breed Tower Assault on my 1200 and Bare knuckle on my WonderMega. My FM Towns Marty should hopefully be with me next week before my 6128 should is back from having the disk drive refurbished and Parados installed. So nothing I guess...

I think Gryzor likes his Sega machines so here's some eye candy of the WonderMega, SG-1000 II Bryce RGB modded, My Megadrive with language and 50/60hz switch, MegaCD and Everdrive, and my hot-rodded ZX81 from BluesBrothers and TheCortfiot with ZXPand hanging off the back. Soon I'll have my modded SMS2 and SMS1 with its 50/60hz switch on it as well  :laugh:

Sorry for hijacking another thread...

Yeah, I'm a SEGA boy, but no Dreamcast? Come on!

cpc4eva

been playing Shadow of The beast, 10th Frame and r-type 128k

really didnt think much of cpc version of shadow of the beast no way did it deserve 84% and an AA RAVE from AA.

was playing 10th frame to see if i could remember the system i had come up with for getting a strike all the time but i failed miserably...

i did get quite a few spares but not one strike the speed / hook system i will have to look up on as im sure it had something to do with that.

r-type 128k was because a friend had brought up he was playing r-type on his phone so i downloaded the cpc games cd onto a cd for him so he could play it and ive ended up playing it as well.

Sykobee (Briggsy)

I think I'll be playing Jetpac this week :-)

Border_7

Quote from: paradroid90 on 21:53, 07 April 14
Now my menu disks have been completed probably a bit of rebelstar and Laser squad  :D

You don't know how to load the Laser Squad expansion kit do you? I can't seem to figure it out... and I want to check out those extra scenarios I've never seen before...

Thanks
01000001 01101101 01110011 01110100 01110010
01100001 01100100
01000011 01101111 01101101 01110000 01110101
01110100 01101001 01101110 01100111

Puresox

It loads by itself doesn't it. I am sure you just have to use the Expansion pack and everything runs automatically.

Optimus

Nothing so far, that's a shame.
I am hooked to some PC gaming mostly (Borderlands mainly, the Pre-Sequel has arrived. Also, I like to continue with Legend of Grimrock 2)
I didn't notice before that the new Zelda I am currently playing on 3DS (a link between worlds), is actually having the same map as the original SNES one (Which I started but never reached far. Only the Zelda on gameboy is the one I finished)

I am still thinking of trying to make a longplay of Blacklands though, capturing video of my attempts. It's a huge game that I never been able to finish and I think something was corrupted too, either saves or save states later. And there is no video at youtube or anywhere else showing much of this great game. I don't know when I will attempt this though.

Carnivius

Death Wish 3 on CPC (I love the over the top violence, of which I want to have some of in my RoboCop game cos the official Robo games were lacking in blood,  and also I love the awesome music).  Oh and enjoying another blast on UN Squadron which I still think is among the very finest arcade conversions ever done especially on the CPC  (lots of big, well pixelled sprites, music and 2 player mode all running on my standard 464, yay!)

For non-CPC I've been playing Gremlins 2 for NES (again good music and the pixel work is great particularly in cutscenes and the sprites).  Far superior than the very disappointing and completely different game I got on my CPC.

Picked up WWE AllStars for PS3 for £2 in my local charity shop.  I don't normally buy physical media anymore but that price was a bargain and the game isn't available on PSN so I tought what the hell.  It's a silly game but has most of my childhood fave wrestlers like Randy Savage, Ultimate Warrior and Hulk Hogan and is pretty fun to play so £2 is a steal.

Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

dlfrsilver

Played Passengers on the wind 1 & 2 in english in order to make fully compete walkthroughs :)

CraigsBar

Bumpy's Arcade Fantasy (groovy plus colours baby) and Cyber Chicken.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Bryce

dcdrac

this week mainly relearning Protext not used it since 1991

beaker

Sadly not a lot  :(

Too busy still going through all the machines from my pallet. Last night I played Final Fight and Ghouls and Ghosts on my x68000, A bit of Galaga 88 on my PC Engine LT, AvP on my Jag after I still couldn't get the CD unit to spin up, Battle Heat or something like that on my PC-FX and some Doom on my 32x. My SD2IEC for the C16 turned up today so the plan is to play some of that and go down and get a CF card for my Final Expansion then try out the Vic20...

Did play some Zelda on the Philips CDi earlier in the week but the less said about that the better  :laugh: .... I did love the TRS-80 though. Some nice games I've not played before and the speech is a scream.

Hopefully by the end of the week I'll be able to try out the CPC Plus monitor with my 6128+ and put the Pet SD on the CMB Pet.... but I have the Enterprise 64 still to mess around with, Oric 1 and about half a dozen other machines  :'(

Optimus

Oh, I just realized that there are only two videos of Blackland and both of them show the intro, not even the main game. I remember there was a video in the past showing the start of the gameplay. Maybe I should really do the longplay at some point. I just have to think of how I should present this. The game is enormous and maybe I'll have to use save states at some points.

TFM

Quote from: Carnivac on 11:29, 29 October 14
Oh and enjoying another blast on UN Squadron which I still think is among the very finest arcade conversions ever done especially on the CPC

Sadly it's a speccy port, that makes it slow, the screen area small and the scrolling jerky.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

EgoTrip

TotO

"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

dlfrsilver

Quote from: beaker on 13:34, 29 October 14
Sadly not a lot  :(

Too busy still going through all the machines from my pallet. Last night I played Final Fight and Ghouls and Ghosts on my x68000, A bit of Galaga 88 on my PC Engine LT, AvP on my Jag after I still couldn't get the CD unit to spin up, Battle Heat or something like that on my PC-FX and some Doom on my 32x. My SD2IEC for the C16 turned up today so the plan is to play some of that and go down and get a CF card for my Final Expansion then try out the Vic20...

Did play some Zelda on the Philips CDi earlier in the week but the less said about that the better  :laugh: .... I did love the TRS-80 though. Some nice games I've not played before and the speech is a scream.

Hopefully by the end of the week I'll be able to try out the CPC Plus monitor with my 6128+ and put the Pet SD on the CMB Pet.... but I have the Enterprise 64 still to mess around with, Oric 1 and about half a dozen other machines  :'(

When i will have the money, the next step will be for me to find and buy an X68000 :)

Border_7

Quote from: Puresox on 09:02, 29 October 14
It loads by itself doesn't it. I am sure you just have to use the Expansion pack and everything runs automatically.

Well that's what I thought... using Winape - I insert the LSQDKIT1.DSK file and it appears to do nothing / have nothing on the disk. Nothing to "run". Whereas LASERSQ.DSK the normal game is fine.

That's why I was wondering if you need to load Laser Squad first, then choose load saved game or something....
01000001 01101101 01110011 01110100 01110010
01100001 01100100
01000011 01101111 01101101 01110000 01110101
01110100 01101001 01101110 01100111

dcdrac

I still love laser squad, simple effective strategic fun

TFM

Quote from: EgoTrip on 20:32, 29 October 14
Home Runner and Supergran

Running home to Granny? Oh, I forgot, it's Helloween!  :o  Nice game!  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Puresox

Quote from: Border_7 on 23:31, 29 October 14
Well that's what I thought... using Winape - I insert the LSQDKIT1.DSK file and it appears to do nothing / have nothing on the disk. Nothing to "run". Whereas LASERSQ.DSK the normal game is fine.

That's why I was wondering if you need to load Laser Squad first, then choose load saved game or something....
I remember having completed the normal LS Game . Then avid for more I got the Ext pack , and I'm sure I didn't have any issues , I will give it a burn in a bit to check procedure on it.                                                             

Puresox

Yes it just boots up from Laser Squad Ext pack .