News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

what are people playing on their cpc's this week ?

Started by cpc4eva, 08:41, 05 April 14

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoe Robinson

Croco Magneto. I am determined to finish this bloody game.

CraigsBar

Quote from: Zoe Robinson on 17:05, 08 November 14
LOL. I have been saying that since AA gave it away all those years ago. I've got very very close on several occasions but never got all the bloody targets.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Carnivius

Man, that was a great freebie.  Simple and addictive and had a fantastic piece of music too.
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

CraigsBar

Well today I am playing 'Invasion of the Zombie Monsters' an amazing console style platform game on my 464 Plus. Fast scolling, smooth animation. Amazing that this is  a homebrew title, had it been a commercial release it would easily be best looking platformer ever reviewed by AA.

Craig

Puresox

Is Ball Bearing by the same people? It has a similar idea but scrolls doesn't it? Great game

dcdrac

i dusted off the Duct the other day that was fun

CraigsBar

Quote from: dcdrac on 21:09, 10 November 14
i dusted off the Duct the other day that was fun
Oh WOW, that was a game.

Craig

MacDeath

Quote'Invasion of the Zombie Monsters'
Quotesmooth animation
Lol not really.

But yeah those "character" based engines can actually get nice result and this game has sweet intro and so on... And good to have a game quite comparable on those 3 machines.

should do Enterprise version as well...

Grimmsqueaker

I fired up Into the Eagles Nest yesterday and ended up playing it for over an hour, such a great game and the better color on the cPC makes it look much better than the C64 with its washed out colors.

TFM

Quote from: MacDeath on 01:04, 11 November 14
Lol not really.

But yeah those "character" based engines can actually get nice result and this game has sweet intro and so on... And good to have a game quite comparable on those 3 machines.

should do Enterprise version as well...

OMG! It's a speccy port !!!  :o
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

MacDeath

Nope, an MSX1 port...
;)

Carnivius

Quote from: Grimmsqueaker on 09:09, 11 November 14
I fired up Into the Eagles Nest yesterday and ended up playing it for over an hour, such a great game and the better color on the cPC makes it look much better than the C64 with its washed out colors.

So true.  Also I prefer the version of the game that DOESN'T play the theme from 633 Squadron.  Classic tune sure but I prefer the other music from the alternate released of the game I have on cassette.  Helps give the game more  of it's own 'character'.
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

dcdrac

Still wander if a CPC vesion of Doom or wolfenstein 3D is possible.

steve

Quote from: dcdrac on 10:01, 13 November 14
Still wander if a CPC vesion of Doom or wolfenstein 3D is possible.

Perhaps the 512KB of rom in a cartridge could make it possible (fast screen copying), with sprites and DMA sound to help the processor.

CraigsBar

Quote from: steve on 12:55, 13 November 14
Perhaps the 512KB of rom in a cartridge could make it possible (fast screen copying), with sprites and DMA sound to help the processor.
Doom on a GX Cart then... Ready for release next year... who would be up for writing it?  LOL
I'd buy a copy for sure.

Out of interest, have any other 8 bit machines got doom port? So long as the result is not anything like the awful speccy ported Space Gun.

dcdrac

Quote from: CraigsBar on 13:16, 13 November 14
Doom on a GX Cart then... Ready for release next year... who would be up for writing it?  LOL
I'd buy a copy for sure.

Out of interest, have any other 8 bit machines got doom port? So long as the result is not anything like the awful speccy ported Space Gun.

Count me in as well

VincentGR

This week I've finished :

Sly Spy
Batman the movie
Invasion of the zombie monsters
Rainbow Islands

Now I am fighting with the awesome new bubble bobble and Mountie Mick's Death Ride.
I am sure that I can't finish them without a cheat, especially the second one  :-X

Also I am trying the great game rolling thunder but it has unresponsive controls.

TFM

That new Bubble Bobble is AWESOME. And the greatest achievement IMHO is to press that in 48 KB!!! Kudos!  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

VincentGR

I was very sick but before that as you can see in my post Prehistorik is past.
Yesterday I finished Rick Dangerous 128+ on the emulator because I don't have a Plus machine  :-[
Today on the real thing it was Sword of the Samurai!!! Great game.

Gryzor

You finished RD without cheats? :)

Welcome to the club!

TFM

MegaBlasters finished - the one in the Clouds.

TFM of FutureSoft

VincentGR

Quote from: Gryzor on 18:24, 08 February 15
You finished RD without cheats? :)

Welcome to the club!

Without cheats??? The old one 25 years ago maybe, not anymore  ;D

wiggydiggypoo

Space Crusade

Interesting game, takes a little time to finish a game but enjoying it.

VincentGR

Gryzor finished at last.

I tried solac coaster just for the score... hard as hell.