News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

WTF Roger Rabbit?

Started by Lazy Dude, 16:11, 22 February 18

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazy Dude

I was browsing through some Spanish Amstrad mags, and came across a review for Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
It all looks and sounds interesting, but where oh where to download it?

Seen here on pages 24,25 - http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/Amstrad_Accion_13

Shaun M. Neary

Wiki being wiki, take it with a pinch of salt, but it's claiming it only saw c64 release out of the main 8bits.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who_Framed_Roger_Rabbit_(1988_video_game)

Not sure where the Spanish mag got their screen shots from though.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Skunkfish

It says ''Amstrad PC" next to version, looks like a CGA PC title..
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Skunkfish on 17:20, 22 February 18
It says ''Amstrad PC" next to version, looks like a CGA PC title..

Ding ding ding! We have a winner here...
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Lazy Dude

Dang, everyones way too smart.
Err so whats a CGA?

Shaun M. Neary

Colour Graphics Adapter. The precursor to Video Graphics Array, which came out a few years later on PC's

Lazy Dude

Ahh, right.
I just watched the long play Atari ST you tubes, its a so-so game.

Thats the trouble with these movie tie-ins, not many of them were all that great.

Skunkfish

Sadly they didn't need to be any good. The licence would ensure they'd sell loads anyway...
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

Shaun M. Neary

Ocean seemed to be the Kings for it.

Batman, Robocop, Platoon, Terminator 2, Rambo, Rambo III, Untouchables, Total Recall and the Addams Family were all very playable.

Activision seemed to acquire a lot of licences too, most of which were stink bombs though.

blackdalek

I always found the two most commonly used CGA colour palettes nauseating. What colour blind technician came up with those colour schemes?
I think it was a choice of cyan, white, magenta & black  or red, green, yellow & black? The latter palette being slightly less garish.
CPC6128 modded with ABBA switch. External 5.25" floppy drive with side switch and Multiface 2. Now also sporting a joystick splitter and M4 WiFi board.

||C|-|E||

I always found the blue/magenta one completely indecent besides for a very few things (p1 was it?). The one based in warmer colors, the p0, was much more acceptable. There are, however, a few sci-fi themed video games that use the first one quite in a successful way. Then, there was this other one with red and cyan that I think was also quite terrible  :blank:

EgoTrip

Quote from: blackdalek on 03:32, 23 February 18
I always found the two most commonly used CGA colour palettes nauseating. What colour blind technician came up with those colour schemes?
I think it was a choice of cyan, white, magenta & black  or red, green, yellow & black? The latter palette being slightly less garish.

Were these not the same as the CoCo/Dragon computers?

andycadley

Weren't the palettes chosen because they could be used to better generate more colours via colour artifacting when displayed over an NTSC composite display? As time went by it became a rare thing on PCs, even in the US, so the garish palettes became more obvious.

blackdalek

Quote from: EgoTrip on 19:49, 23 February 18
Were these not the same as the CoCo/Dragon computers?

The Cocos had red, yellow, green and blue or magenta, cyan, white and orange.... so yes, almost identical.
CPC6128 modded with ABBA switch. External 5.25" floppy drive with side switch and Multiface 2. Now also sporting a joystick splitter and M4 WiFi board.

Gryzor

Quote from: ||C|-|E|| on 18:12, 23 February 18I always found the blue/magenta one completely indecent besides for a very few things (p1 was it?). The one based in warmer colors, the p0, was much more acceptable. There are, however, a few sci-fi themed video games that use the first one quite in a successful way. Then, there was this other one with red and cyan that I think was also quite terrible  :blank:

Purple Saturn Day :D

Lazy Dude

All this talk of colours and not one mention that Bennie the cab was yellow in the movie!