News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu
T

Zynaps title music on emulators.

Started by tastefulmrship, 14:44, 11 October 11

Previous topic - Next topic

TotO

Quote from: tastefulmrship on 11:01, 17 October 11I dunno, though... that's still pretty impressive.
Yes... But... I'm wrong.  ;D  (keep it for you)
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

tastefulmrship

Quote from: TotO on 11:34, 17 October 11
Yes... But... I'm wrong.  ;D  (keep it for you)
No, no, no, no... you're right! It doesn't belong there as it's obscuring the aliens behind it. You can't put it top-right, either! And bottom-left is taken-up with the main 'ship'. The only place it COULD go is bottom-right, but the HEWSON & CPC-WIKI logos look fine there, too! So you are correct in saying that a static logo is not required, but I was just saying that it doesn't look as "out of place" as I had expected it too.

Which is why I said the only thing that might work is a moving logo... (but then, it will probably look very tacky!)

TotO

Quote from: tastefulmrshipIt doesn't belong there as it's obscuring the aliens behind it.
The area was already black before adding the logo. So, the "S" don't overlay the space-ship behind it, but it's virtual shadow.
I removed the far green space-ship (who have to be red in reality) to make room and look less crowded.

EDIT: The logo, if you need.
EDIT2: Updated from the final screen version
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Gryzor

This is a lovely logo, would make a great shirt or something... thanks!

tastefulmrship

Firstly, much apologies and many thanks to redbox! Thanks to his patience and wisdom, I've single-filed CYBERNOID2.
It's only a clean-rip so far, but I will add the PLUS patch and some cheats!
(attached)

@Gryzor or @Devilmarkus
Why does the forum assume .bin files are pictures?

Executioner

Quote from: TotO on 08:36, 17 October 11
In fact, a PAL overscan picture is 384x288 pixels in lowres (768x576 in hires interlaced video) and it's the true size to use witch any computers that display PAL video signal. (4/3 ratio)

Not on a CTM644 or GT65 it isn't. Maybe, just maybe it's 272 pixels, but which 272 pixels is it? I'm sure it varies between one monitor and the next. The 270 was originally based on what I could see on my own CTM.

TotO

Quote from: Executioner on 06:59, 18 October 11
Not on a CTM644 or GT65 it isn't. Maybe, just maybe it's 272 pixels, but which 272 pixels is it? I'm sure it varies between one monitor and the next. The 270 was originally based on what I could see on my own CTM.
by definition, an overscan picture get a non-visible area. You can display on CTM but on TV too.
Standard PAL overscan is 384x288. If less, you may see borders on some TV.
Why 272 ? Because it'is a multiple of 8 and most CPC overscan pictures use this "maximum" size.

Devilmarkus

Quote from: tastefulmrship on 22:46, 17 October 11
Why does the forum assume .bin files are pictures?

I think it handles ALL attachments as picture. We have the "Show attachment as picture" activated.
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

tastefulmrship

Quote from: Devilmarkus on 12:05, 18 October 11
I think it handles ALL attachments as picture. We have the "Show attachment as picture" activated.
Ok! That's fair enough!
Well, here's another one it thinks is a picture; it's a clean-rip single-file version of EXOLON!

EDIT: Oops! Thanks again to CPC-POWER for the original .cdt file!

EDIT#2 - Oh, and TRANSMAT for the Protected BASIC un-protector! (Is that what you'd call it?)

SyX

Quote from: tastefulmrship on 12:21, 18 October 11EDIT#2 - Oh, and TRANSMAT for the Protected BASIC un-protector! (Is that what you'd call it?)
I use WinApe for it, RUN"basic_protected_program, F7, save ram between $0170 until the end of the basic program, reset WinApe, load the binary block in $0170 and LIST :P

tastefulmrship

Quote from: SyX on 13:50, 18 October 11
I use WinApe for it, RUN"basic_protected_program, F7, save ram between $0170 until the end of the basic program, reset WinApe, load the binary block in $0170 and LIST :P
I like that! Handy to know!

[deleted stuff]

EDIT: Is the deexo code relocatable? If not, then this is my problem! ^_^

EDIT#Lots: Here's our first .dsk full of single-file Hewson games. I managed to get 6 in 178K!

Devilmarkus

JavaCPC has a "Ignore ,P protection" feature in Configuration -> System Settings ;)
Just enable it, LOAD"yourprogram" and have fun.

TotO

Quote from: tastefulmrship on 13:59, 18 October 11Here's our first .dsk full of single-file Hewson games. I managed to get 6 in 178K!
It's nice to get 6 games by sides. And some space left for a menu. :)
I see you don't put the simple patched Zynaps version on it... What will be the next game ?

tastefulmrship

Quote from: TotO on 07:39, 19 October 11
It's nice to get 6 games by sides. And some space left for a menu. :)
I see you don't put the simple patched Zynaps version on it... What will be the next game ?
- Remember; these games are clean-rips and do not contain cheats or patches. Adding these extras will probably bring that 19K space down to 15K.
- ZYNAPS is "finished" in my view, so doesn't belong on that WIP disk. (Well, as long as you remove the logo-timer patch)
- Next? Well, there are small games like TECHNICIAN TED & FANTASIA DIAMOND that only require crunching; they do not have funky loading screens or protection.

For The Future;
- RANARAMA doesn't have a loading screen, which I think is a shame as I always loved playing this game! I've had a look at the AMIGA loading screen and squashed it with PSP, but it looks crap! Can someone look into a 160x200x16 loader for RANARAMA?
- I love MARAUDER's protection. Everything is loaded in one block; screen & code in one continuous stream! It's going to be fun cracking it again!
- The later games, STORMLORD etc, are SPEEDLOCK protected, but I lost my cracker when I sold my CPC (all those years back!) Does anyone have the SPEEDLOCK loader program? Wasn't is supplied with an issue of ACU? If not, I'll just re-code one of the HAIRY HACKER's lists!
- redbox has a suggestion for some of the 'better' HEWSON games, especially any CPC+ patched ones! ^_^

TotO

OK. Thank you for explanations.
I can look for any splash screens you want to "clean-up". (320x200 or overscaned)

Here the Final version of my Zynaps overscan screen. :)
(clean-up edges, colors swaping, blue lights and some details)

TotO

Quote from: tastefulmrship on 08:13, 19 October 11RANARAMA doesn't have a loading screen, which I think is a shame as I always loved playing this game! I've had a look at the AMIGA loading screen and squashed it with PSP, but it looks crap! Can someone look into a 160x200x16 loader for RANARAMA?
I'm looking for ! ;)

Devilmarkus

TotO

Quote from: Devilmarkus on 12:54, 19 October 11Perhaps in MODE 1?
Nice.
Because "red color" too, I was though about Mode 5.

Devilmarkus

Well don't know if the few small red dots are so important?
But sure its worth a try...
Original:

tastefulmrship

Quote from: Devilmarkus on 12:54, 19 October 11
Perhaps in MODE 1?
That's perfect! I'll take it! Much better than the 4 colour failure PSP gave me!

EDIT: Here's the CPC-WIKI version of RANARAMA! There's the normal version, the individual exo-pk files & the single-file version included!
For normal-load type RUN"RANARAMA.BAS", for single-file version type RUN"RANARAMA."
@DevilMarkus; I hope my choice of INKs is correct; it was as close as I could get to your original.

TotO

Quote from: tastefulmrship on 14:00, 19 October 11
That's perfect! I'll take it!
Much better than the 4 colour failure PSP gave me!
Please, remove the "top" Hewson logo.
Strange idea to put two of them.

tastefulmrship

Quote from: TotO on 15:24, 19 October 11
Please, remove the "top" Hewson logo.
Strange idea to put two of them.

The original AMIGA screen has both HEWSON logos. I thought that was strange, too!
Anyway, the CPC-WIKI version has only one logo! (See previous post)

TotO

On your DSK ? (I can't test it now)
Because the posted screen (Mode 1) got two...

It look like that ?

tastefulmrship

Quote from: TotO on 15:31, 19 October 11
It look like that ?
Yes, although the blue is a little lighter! ^_^

TotO

Quote from: tastefulmrship on 15:39, 19 October 11
Yes, although the blue is a little lighter! ^_^
OK ! And, the logo in orange too ?  :P