News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu
T

Zynaps title music on emulators.

Started by tastefulmrship, 14:44, 11 October 11

Previous topic - Next topic

SyX

Ranarama in Amiga??? The only rana that i saw in Amiga was SuperFrog :P

tastefulmrship

Quote from: SyX on 16:24, 19 October 11
Ranarama in Amiga??? The only rana that i saw in Amiga was SuperFrog :P
Yep! You could be right; the loading screen is actually from ATARI-ST & I can't find anything about an AMIGA version!

TEAM-17 recently said that we shouldn't rule-out a remake of SUPERFROG! That's a shame as I really didn't like SUPERFROG, I preferred WORMS & ALIEN BREED 3D & PROJECT X &... well, you get the idea!!

SyX

Quote from: tastefulmrship on 16:36, 19 October 11TEAM-17 recently said that we shouldn't rule-out a remake of SUPERFROG! That's a shame as I really didn't like SUPERFROG, I preferred WORMS & ALIEN BREED 3D & PROJECT X &... well, you get the idea!!
Totally!!!  ;D

fano

About Ranarama , this is the AYC version of the ST tune (same theme but far better) and the player from AY kit.
"NOP" is the perfect program : short , fast and (known) bug free

Follow Easter Egg products on Facebook !

TFM

Quote from: SyX on 16:39, 19 October 11
Totally!!!  ;D

There is a Project X on CPC, is it the same?
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

SyX

In this case is not the same, TFM, the Amiga version is an hyped shoot'em'up.

Quote from: fano on 17:30, 19 October 11About Ranarama , this is the AYC version of the ST tune (same theme but far better) and the player from AY kit.
Mr. Rogers made his ST musics (Exolon, Zynaps and Ranarama) in his CPC, because that you can find them in CPC native format (more easy to patch the CPC games) in his Music Collection that i uploaded a few months ago here (it looks that you don't know what did i upload last summer ;D ;D ;D )

tastefulmrship

Quote from: fano on 17:30, 19 October 11
About Ranarama , this is the AYC version of the ST tune (same theme but far better) and the player from AY kit.
I was going to attach the JDR ST-version of the tune to the loading screen, but got tied up with Speedlock to get it done! Also, it might be nice to see if we could inject his ST music into the game itself.

TFM

It's a shoot em up on CPC too...

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

fano

Quote from: SyX on 18:02, 19 October 11
In this case is not the same, TFM, the Amiga version is an hyped shoot'em'up.
Mr. Rogers made his ST musics (Exolon, Zynaps and Ranarama) in his CPC, because that you can find them in CPC native format (more easy to patch the CPC games) in his Music Collection that i uploaded a few months ago here (it looks that you don't know what did i upload last summer ;D ;D ;D )
Thanks a lot , that may be more appropriate , missed this one too , missed a lot of things last summer...
"NOP" is the perfect program : short , fast and (known) bug free

Follow Easter Egg products on Facebook !

SyX

@TFM:But the CPC is not so hyped :P

Serious mode on: Project X Amiga is an horizontal scroller, while the CPC game is a vertical scroller... but the really curious is that Project X CPC looks very similar at Wings of Death, an Amiga and st (Buuuu  :P ) game published by Thalion :D

@Fano: But we know that you employ your summer making to the CPC community a wonderful present, the Dream is going to be true in a few weeks ;)

Nich

Quote from: tastefulmrship on 08:13, 19 October 11
- Next? Well, there are small games like TECHNICIAN TED & FANTASIA DIAMOND that only require crunching; they do not have funky loading screens or protection.
Actually, Technician Ted has a loading screen, and it's really cool as well - from a technical perspective. The screen is animated with ten Teds walking left and right, all while the game is loading from tape! :o You can download the CDT file for Technician Ted from CPC-POWER.

I've never examined the loading scheme, though, and I'm not sure I want to! I think it's called 'Multiload', and the same technique of animating the screen during loading has been used in several other games - most notably Deflektor.

tastefulmrship

Quote from: Nich on 20:10, 19 October 11
Actually, Technician Ted has a loading screen, and it's really cool as well - from a technical perspective. The screen is animated with ten Teds walking left and right, all while the game is loading from tape! :o You can download the CDT file for Technician Ted from CPC-POWER.
You know, my original tape never had this loader back in the day as I think it was part of a compilation, but I watched it load today in awe! And when you consider this was written in 1984, it's simply incredible!

The loader code itself is pretty easy to follow and very easy to crack with WinAPE.

Gryzor

Quote from: Nich on 20:10, 19 October 11

I've never examined the loading scheme, though, and I'm not sure I want to! I think it's called 'Multiload', and the same technique of animating the screen during loading has been used in several other games - most notably Deflektor.

Wow, and this was a '84 title? Nice... and with a timer to boot!

TotO

Final screen version DSK (w/ and w/o title) and the nice AY tune.  :) 
EDIT: Add logos that you may reuse...

"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

SyX

My bad photo doesn't make justice, the picture and the song are FANTASTIC!!!  :D

TFM

Quote from: SyX on 16:08, 20 October 11
My bad photo doesn't make justice, the picture and the song are FANTASTIC!!!  :D

Great picture, do you have a download link for the updated Zynaps game? Or is it just a picture, actually not implemented in the game? Sorry for asking :)
TFM of FutureSoft

SyX

Don't sorry anything my friend!!! Your question is perfectly logic :)

Mr. tastefulmrship has taken the task of integrate this wonderful picture in his Zynaps crack and you will enjoy it in a few days ;)

His Hewson packs are gonna be legendaries!!!  :D

TFM

Yeah! You both guys are great!!!

EDIT: The whole bunch here :-)))
TFM of FutureSoft

tastefulmrship

Quote from: TFM/FS on 19:11, 20 October 11
Yeah! You both guys are great!!!
I agree, TotO and SyX are brilliant!

Here's the ultimate ZYNAPS loading screen! (nearly)
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g385/tastefulmrship/CPC-Wiki-Zynaps.jpg

TotO

"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

tastefulmrship

Quote from: TotO on 20:34, 20 October 11
I'm jealous, it look more "different" that mine. :D
I wanted to wait until you had released your final-version before I released my trump card. (Emphasis on the word "trump"!)

Devilmarkus

Quote from: tastefulmrship on 20:09, 20 October 11
I agree, TotO and SyX are brilliant!

Here's the ultimate ZYNAPS loading screen! (nearly)
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g385/tastefulmrship/CPC-Wiki-Zynaps.jpg

Now we need to patch the game, too! A 1:1 Spectrum conversation should do ;)

Or a BASIC conversation with sound effects from Roland on the ropes...
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

Gryzor

Damn you! I spit my coffee - really did!!

Gryzor

Too good to leave it on a free server...

tastefulmrship

Ok everyone, here's the definitive CPC-Wiki single-file version of ZYNAPS, by Hewson Consultants. (C)1987.

Loader & overscan code : SyX
Overscan splash screen : TotO
Splash screen music : Neil Grieve (C64) converted by SuTeKH/Epyteor
Splash screen music play-routine : Targhan
Cheat-Mode & Raster-Logo patch : CPC-Wiki & SaroneTC

(Click thumbnails to view full image)

To load, insert disk and type RUN"ZYNAPS".
Press [SPACE BAR] at the overscan splash screen to continue.
Then, press [Y] to activate cheat, press [N] to ignore cheat.
The program will then start as normal.

At the logo/highscore screen, press:
[1] - To set the game to 1 player mode. (Default)
[2] - To set the game to 2 player mode.
[3] - To redefine the keys. (Recommended)

Default keys:
[Q] [A] - Up & down
[N] [M] - Left & right
[RETURN] - Fire

Or you can use a Joystick. (Recommended)