News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

(not so) new CPC enthusiast

Started by Toundrik, 09:50, 22 September 17

Previous topic - Next topic

Toundrik

Hi everyone !

I'm Toundrik, from France. I'm glad to finally join the CPC community !

I have a special relationship with the CPC as it's been my first computer  :-* I believe I'm not the only one lol
I began with a CPC 464 Mono back in 1985 (which I still own) and then got a broken 6128 from garbage in the early 2000's (which works but is still a wip).
I just got my hand over a 6128 plus with CM14 Display, which I need to clean up.

I'm willing to start upgrading and learn more from these wondeful machines !

keith56

Welcome to the forum! The 464 was my first computer as well - and it's what I started learning to program on, but we had the color model!

Well done on getting a 6128+ machine - they're great machines!
Chibi Akumas: Comedy-Horror 8-bit Bullet Hell shooter!
Learn ARM, 8086, Z80, 6502 or 68000 with my tutorials: www.assemblytutorial.com
My Assembly programming book is available now on amazon!

Token

Hi and welcome!
Do you remember the first games you had? For my part CPC 464 and GT64 as well, but a year later so many classics were released, sold with 3d grand prix, green beret..

Toundrik

Thanks Keith56 !

To Token -> Thanks ! I do remember the first game I had, my father bought it along with the 464 , it was Night Boosters from CobraSoft, a kind of Tron with minimalist gfx lol
After that, I mainly got games compilations , I remember playing North Star, Exolon, West Bank, Ranarama, Nebulus, Au revoir Monty, Green Beret, Ikari Warriors but I don't remember which comes first  :D

mr_lou

Welcome!
You have definitely come to the right place.  :)

VincentGR

DanyPPC

CPC 464 with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 464+ with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 6128+ with C4CPC and Gotek HxC USB Drive Emulator

Toundrik

Thanks everyone ! Glad to be back indeed !

tjohnson

Welcome Toundrik, your story resonates with alot of people.  My first computer, well the family computer, was a cpc464 and later my dad got a 6128 too.  I think he got fed up with us hogging it. 

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Targhan

Hi! Where from in France? I'm from Rennes.
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

Shaun M. Neary

Welcome aboard. The CPC464 was my first machine as well, but I was fortunate to get the colour monitor. It got left behind with a DD1, multiface II and about 2 boxes of 3" disks (50 in each box) in a house move some ten years back. Didn't think I'd miss them as much as I did.

The good news is, I've a 6128+ now and got most of the equipment back, just not as many disks, but enough. =D
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Toundrik

Thargan, I'm from Rouen ;)

I still have a bunch of tapes but I need to align back the azimuth of the drive because I "played" with it a lot back in the days lol