Amstrad Software catalogue winter 1985/6 unpublished games

Started by TomEtJerry, 18:19, 01 May 18

Previous topic - Next topic

TomEtJerry

Hello,

I just have read the Amstrad winter 1985 catalogue this afternoon. I am quite surprised by the number of unpublished games that were announced : many from Andromeda (Gun dogs, Bird mother, See-saw Star eggs), some from U.s.Gold (Congo bongo, Zaxxon, Buck Rogers).

Anyone knows why the Andromeda titles were not published, as some screens look really like CPC games ?

Nich

Quote from: TomEtJerry on 18:19, 01 May 18
I just have read the Amstrad winter 1985 catalogue this afternoon. I am quite surprised by the number of unpublished games that were announced : many from Andromeda (Gun dogs, Bird mother, See-saw Star eggs), some from U.s.Gold (Congo bongo, Zaxxon, Buck Rogers).

Anyone knows why the Andromeda titles were not published, as some screens look really like CPC games ?

The Andromeda games were actually published, although most of them are available with French names:
It seems a software house called Excellence published three of these games - but I have never seen any original copies!

As for Seesaw, the version that is available to download has an Amsoft-branded title screen, but again, I have never seen any original copies, so its origin remains a mystery.

chinnyhill10

Quote from: TomEtJerry on 18:19, 01 May 18
Hello,

Spy Hunter eventually made it out on Kixx I believe but still had the Amsoft loading screen. I think US Gold fell out with Amsoft who were known to be notoriously difficulty to deal with. In fact on The Register one guy a few years back alluded to unpaid royalties.
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

TomEtJerry

Thanks for your answers guys, I should have made a little search on cpc-power, how lazy guy I am... I will test these games !

Spy hunter has been sold too on disk compilation by U.s.Gold with the Amsoft logo. It seems strange that U.s.Gold hasn't removed it (maybe the copyrights were still hold by Amsoft but I doubt that... ).