News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

ATTN: Malc

Started by Dr Tiger Ninestein, 00:05, 09 September 09

Previous topic - Next topic

AMSDOS

That would be my fault!! :-[

Funny I thought the scene was booming!  ;D

I don't know a great deal about those Plus machines, isn't it possible to connect them to an Amiga monitor? Or perhaps it's possible to obtain a lead which allows you to connect them to an Amiga Monitor.

Book? We need details!  :-[

CPC-Power has a great deal of stuff, perhaps some arrangement could be made to expand their site to include more English. I think the scene is at it's best when websites can include the different dialects, because you're encouraging others to hop aboard!  ;D
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

redbox

Quote from: CP/M User on 00:12, 01 February 11
CPC-Power has a great deal of stuff, perhaps some arrangement could be made to expand their site to include more English. I think the scene is at it's best when websites can include the different dialects, because you're encouraging others to hop aboard!  ;D

Ou apprendre le francais?

I noticed now when using Chrome that it offers inline to translate a page which is interesting.  Still not convinced as to using it as a main browser, but has some interesting features.  Reassuring it still gets some French wrong though and I am starting to see what is really meant (I've been reading CPCRulez too much!).

EgoTrip

Quote from: redbox on 08:55, 01 February 11
Ou apprendre le francais?

I noticed now when using Chrome that it offers inline to translate a page which is interesting.  Still not convinced as to using it as a main browser, but has some interesting features.  Reassuring it still gets some French wrong though and I am starting to see what is really meant (I've been reading CPCRulez too much!).

That feature is very useful but definitely has issues, but thats what you get when using software rather than a human to translate. I only use Chrome as a main browser because Firefox refuses to play nice and I hate IE. Chrome is actually quite decent once you get the hang of it, just a shame its made by Google.

AMSDOS

Translators help to some degree, though nothing beats the personal touch.
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

Gryzor

Quote from: zeropolis79 on 15:02, 31 January 11
Hello all..

I was informed by someone on LemonAmgia that members of this board were looking for me (for some strange reason)...

I've been busy a lot and also the CPC scene seemed to have slowed down a lot..

Good news however, I've got a new real CPC.. It maybe a 6128 Plus but it's still a real CPC.. Cost me £2 but have no monitor or power lead so have no idea if it works.. Goign to get one of those modulators which let u run it on a TV.. Also got an Amstrad NC-200 with power lead, carry case and manual, also for £2 and that works!

Also working on my book - the original drafts of which were written 15 years ago using Protext on a 6128!

I'm also doing work on making a new website to replace the zone... I've got a good collection of screenschots and cover scans here. The webmaster of World of Spectrum has promised me access to anything he has related to the CPC..

Hello mate - and welcome back (I hope for good :) ).

The CPC scene slowed down? Naaah! It'd take you ages to read through all the developments and new releases!!!

Obviously (?) the book is not CPC-related, but good luck with it - please do let us know more about it!

As for the Zone^2 site - would you consider a consortium with the Wiki? :)

zeropolis79

It's good to be back.. Still not got my 6128 Plus going...

Well, one of my books is CPC related - it's a CPC version of the popular Spectrum Games Bibles and will be needing help with it, but more in a different thread..

My other book is science fiction and is entitled The Frontier of Warriors. The plot right now is top secret but it has lots of fights, explosions, alien invasions, EMP weapons..

I don't have an Amiga monitor... Only VGA compatiable PC monitors.

Gryzor

So that's space opera, not sci-fi :D (excuse my nit-picking; as someone who enjoys both the great masters and pulp space opera, I find it very annoying to see P.K.Dick next to phazer fight titles)

We know about your other book - still waiting for it :) And, if you want, I'll be having some spare time I could use for editing...

Ritchardo

Quote from: mgman on 21:32, 24 December 10
Is that guy Richardo MK II?

Who me?

What have I done?  Do I owe you money?

Why do you ask young (or old) sir (or madam)?

I am one in the same the mkII was only added to my CPC Zone account when the first one botched up and wouldn't let me log-in for some never fathomed reason.

I'm semi-retired from the retro community truth be told (see earlier in this thread - at least I think it's this thread that I go off on a rant... for reasons why)

Still lurk and occassionally go through phases of putting things into the wiki but I'm always kind of about if anyone needs to get hold of me for some reason!

mgman

Meh, you don't owe me nothing :P

I just remember my rough entrance into the CPC Zone forums with my first moderated post being moderated by you, lol

Still, everybody was nice about it and that's what counts, right? :D

ukmarkh

Quote from: Ritchardo on 13:48, 16 February 11

Who me?

What have I done?  Do I owe you money?

Why do you ask young (or old) sir (or madam)?

I am one in the same the mkII was only added to my CPC Zone account when the first one botched up and wouldn't let me log-in for some never fathomed reason.

I'm semi-retired from the retro community truth be told (see earlier in this thread - at least I think it's this thread that I go off on a rant... for reasons why)

Still lurk and occassionally go through phases of putting things into the wiki but I'm always kind of about if anyone needs to get hold of me for some reason!

I remember someone from the zone informing me that Ritchardo is actually the one and only Malc... is this true, or was he talking twaddle?

Ritchardo

Quote from: mgman on 23:21, 01 March 11
Meh, you don't owe me nothing :P

I just remember my rough entrance into the CPC Zone forums with my first moderated post being moderated by you, lol

Still, everybody was nice about it and that's what counts, right? :D

No recollection of moderating your posts so couldn't have been that bad in the great scheme of things.  Never had that much moderating to do in the forums by and large - a very well behaved community in general (at that time at least... ;))

Quote from: ukmarkh on 01:57, 02 March 11

I remember someone from the zone informing me that Ritchardo is actually the one and only Malc... is this true, or was he talking twaddle?

What can I say... You got me!!

lol!

Who told you that?!

That would've been quite, quite mental!

Now as for Gryzor and Malc... well I've never seen them in the same room together...  :P

Gryzor

Quote from: Ritchardo on 11:52, 02 March 11

Now as for Gryzor and Malc... well I've never seen them in the same room together...  :P

Rofl :D Good one mate :)

Ygdrazil

Quote from: Ritchardo on 11:52, 02 March 11

The strange case of Dr. Gryzor and Mr. Malc!  ;D

arnoldemu

Quote from: Gryzor on 07:31, 03 March 11
Rofl :D Good one mate :)
I am sure Gryzor and Malc are not the same.

Compare how each interacts with the users of their respective forums (well remember for cpczone ;) ).

My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Gryzor

Quote from: arnoldemu on 11:18, 03 March 11
I am sure Gryzor and Malc are not the same.

Compare how each interacts with the users of their respective forums (well remember for cpczone ;) ).

Um... meaning...?

arnoldemu

Quote from: Gryzor on 11:38, 03 March 11
Um... meaning...?
it means you act differently, and this shows, and the result is that you can't be the same person.

My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Gryzor

Ah yes, maybe because right now I'm more into Ethiopian Jazz (seriously; after watching Broken Flowers...) than MJ :D

mgman

Quote from: Gryzor on 11:38, 03 March 11
Um... meaning...?

He means Gryzor is a video game, ported from arcades to several home computers. And Malc is a former CPC community member (and a video game name?)

:P

Note: Comparing how each one interacts with their forum users is totally valid in the above situations, but please proceed with caution.

Gryzor

Nahhh I thought he meant something else. But it's clear now.