News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Bargins and Rare Items on eBay

Started by Amstari, 13:19, 22 July 10

Previous topic - Next topic

ivarf

Quote from: Z80A on 01:49, 15 August 10
 Here is links to the games:

Wonderboy, Last Duel, Best of Elite Vol.1, Best of Elite Vol.2
I don't think they are that rare and they are TAPE-GAMES!  ;D

AMSDOS

Z80A wrote:

Some CPC games on eBay Australia as "Buy It Now" for $99.90 (70 euros) each!!!

Wonderboy
Last Duel
Best of Elite

Too expensive for me, I wonder if they will sell.

Considering I downloaded Wonderboy off NVG and played it on my CPC 6128 I think I've done alright. Best of Elite - I was buying most of the decent Encore stuff about 3 for £5 a bit over a decade ago!  ;D  Last Duel is a bit Substandard! Anyway's I'm puzzled how this stuff could be going for so much when it's all there on the net as Tape Images, Disk Images, original Disc Images on file. True you get the box and manual. They wouldn't want to sell a copy of Xenon for a mint on Ebay, for me the only thing I found CPC relevant was the Disc and "Amstrad CPC Disc" orange sticker stamped on the front of the box! The Manual was almost useless!  :(  Couldn't even tell me how to load the game on my CPC!  ???
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

Bryce

robcfg

It's a 6128 shrouded in a veil of mistery!

Or in a blanket.

Or... just a blanket  ;D

Zoe Robinson

Clearly it's the much-sought-after 6128 Stealth.

Bryce

Maybe it's just a "Blanket offer"  :picard:

Bryce.

ProfessorPike

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Amstrad-CPC-464-Working-24-Games-27-Books-100-mags-24Tapes-47Disks-2-Disk-drives/163586254248?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Any good for anyone? A lot there, 2 disk drives and a whole pile of magazines for someone who might want physical copies!

The disc drives alone seem to go for £150 plus on ebay! Madness!

GUNHED

Not a bargain at all. This is really expansive. But ok, if you're willing to pay. Good luck.
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

ProfessorPike

Quote from: GUNHED on 19:45, 17 March 19
Not a bargain at all. This is really expansive. But ok, if you're willing to pay. Good luck.
Well it was about £50 when I linked it. There must be serious collectors of this stuff out there somewhere. You'd think 30 year old computers  would be selling for peanuts!!

ComSoft6128

It was at £54 when you posted - but yesterday the bids suddenly jumped from £92 to £200, the £200 bid came in on the 12th?
I'm pretty new to Ebay so could someone explain how an earlier bid like that appears.

Cheers,

Peter

Audronic

Check Automatic Bids he started at about $27.xx. near the bottom of the Page

Ray
Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

ComSoft6128

Thanks Audronic.

The £200 bid is from z**l, the earlier bids are from 1**l - is this a different bidder?
And why the big jump from £92 to £200?

Cheers,

Peter

Audronic

Because J***r Bid $205

Ray
Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

Gryzor

ProfessorPike

People bidding or encouraging mates to bid on their auctions also not helping.

Tying to find a good joystick for under £25 is near impossible!!need a time machine!

tjohnson

Holy smokes these disks went for a crazy amount of money, what was the rare software in there?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F192898371092

Skunkfish

Quote from: tjohnson on 19:27, 05 May 19
Holy smokes these disks went for a crazy amount of money, what was the rare software in there?
Samantha Fox Strip Poker?
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

Gryzor

As rare as a semi-nude appearance of Sam herself :D

Bryce

28 Disks for €255 is only €9.10 per disk or €10 per disk including postage. That's actually below the average selling price of an original commercial disk.

Bryce.

TomEtJerry

Quote from: tjohnson on 19:27, 05 May 19

I would say the three tools disks (I never seen them before, but I don't really follow uk auctions)

- Cherry paint
- Doddle disc (damned, there is a physical copy tool inside, hope the winner will dump it !)
- Handy man

Other utilities are interesting too, but they are loose disks (not really fun as documentations are really
useful to use tools) :-(

tjohnson

Is good to see new software being unearthed after so many years, definately hope someone will dump them but I guess that end up devaluing their purchase.  I think if the likes of the mythical chq came up again it would be good to purchase, dump resell, then the dump released.

Gryzor

I really, really, REALLY never understood that argument. The value is inherent to the physical item, it's not like collectors are going to back away from an ultra-rare item because it has been dumped. Like the recent discussion about that arcade machine that got dumped illegaly somehow. Hoarding the code is just plain stupid.

TotO

A dump is for preservation... That will never decrease the physical version. The invert, it can make it popular and increase the resell value.
By the way, I know who have won the auction and it is more the opposite of "TheOppositeOfJesus" !  ;D
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)