Author Topic: Can you use a norma cpc 464 green screen monitor with the 464 plus?  (Read 527 times)

Offline mark25810

• CPC464
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0

Hi there, I already have a 464 and 2 green screen monitors and I have a 464 plus coming that comes with its own monitor stated as black and white and I was wondering if the 464 plus has the same sockets so I can connect one of my 464 green screen monitors too it, I actually like the green screen monitors...maybe because that is what I had when I was little and a modulator to play it in colour on my tv.

I do not think I will like playing the games in black and white to be honest so I could end up not using the monitor it comes with.

Hope someone can help :)

Offline Bryce

• The Hardware Guy.
  • Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
  • It's not broken, it just hasn't been fixed yet.
    • index.php?action=treasury
  • Liked: 3904
  • Likes Given: 415
Hi Mark,
       the plug/socket to the plus monitor is slightly different as it includes both video and sound signals, so it has a few pins more. However, there are adapters available to convert from one to the other, with a seperate audio socket so that you can route those signals to a speaker/amplifier. But before you order the first one you find on ebay, make sure that they have connected all signals, because you are using a green monitor that relies on the LUM signal and some adapters may have only connected the RGB signals used on colour monitors.

Bryce.

Offline mark25810

• CPC464

Thank you for you`re reply

I have looked on ebay and I can not seem to find anything at all, unless I am typing in the wrong thing, ive tried Amstrad adapter, Amstrad monitor and amstrad monitor adapter

Offline Token

• 464 Plus
  • Liked: 144
  • Likes Given: 371

Offline mark25810

• CPC464
Thank you very much :D

Offline remax

• 6128 Plus
  • Liked: 398
  • Likes Given: 435

Offline mark25810

• CPC464
Got the lead today and it works though I stupidly forgot there would be no sound when connecting my green screen haha since the green screens do not have speakers as the sound comes from the normal 464 instead...duh