News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CPC Dust cover

Started by radu14m, 16:39, 04 September 13

Previous topic - Next topic

radu14m

I would like to build one myself, because after a long search I fail to find one...
What would be the needed materials ?
I have in mind now to build it from a hard paper....
What do you think guys ? Any idea ?

Sykobee (Briggsy)

How about a large rigid plastic sheet (perspex? acrylic? I remember bending this stuff at school but forget the name. Must be one of the things here: MOST PLASTICS SUPPLIED, CUT TO SIZE, SHAPE | FABRICATION, CNC ROUTING & LASER,), bent in two places to fit over the CPC, with some cut outs on the back for expansions and cables? Or even the back resting on the rear of the CPC case?

steve

Bryce

There were hard (Plexi-Glas) and soft (Fake leather) versions. I have a soft one for my 6128 and the hard one for my 664.

Bryce.

beaker

I wonder how difficult it would be to do a batch of material ones for the entire CPC range with the wiki logo on them? I guess there wouldn't be the demand though?

radu14m

Munchausen

When I was a kid my parents had a see through plastic one (soft) that would fold up. The joins were white material, and it had two pieces, one for the keyboard and one for the monitor. I think they must have thrown it away at some time though, I'd completely forgotten about it until I read this thread.

TFM

Well, that get's the job done as well as my towel  :P
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

beaker

Indeed, but something like a dust cover must be pretty cheap to make in batches, are useful, and the markup could possibly be used to part fund this site. Next we could have T-shirts, mugs, coasters (or an Esky for those down under).....  :laugh:

steve

We could have a towel with a picture of a cpc on it, it could then do three jobs, 1, cover the cpc  2, use as a towel 3, advertise this site. ;)

Bryce

Quote from: TFM on 16:35, 06 September 13
Well, that get's the job done as well as my towel  :P

Ah, the German solution to everything: Put a towel on it.... Need to reserve a deckchair? Throw your towel on it. Need to protect your CPC from dust....

Bryce.

Gryzor

What a lovely idea. If people are interested I could ask one of my business suppliers for his opinion...

ZbyniuR

Page  http://retronics.eu  looking for preorder for new product.
In STARS, TREK is better than WARS.

Bryce

Seriously nice cover! Are they vacuum formed parts?

Bryce.

Dr Tiger Ninestein

Did they make them back in the day for the plus computers? I would love to get hold of a couple for mine.

ComSoft6128

Yes I have two old nylon (?) originals for the 6128 Plus but they haven't aged well, two of these new covers would be a good replacement.

ZbyniuR

I just bring here message from polish atari forum.  http://atarionline.pl/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=3260
Duddie is nickname of producer.  email to him  zamowienia@retronics.eu  ask about details, he speak english.

As I know he already made covers for 464, and now he wait for 100 orders for 6128 to start production.
I guess if this will be selling well, he will be inclinable for PLUS either. :)  But better ask him.
In STARS, TREK is better than WARS.

LambdaMikel

Quote from: Bryce on 08:52, 12 December 18
Seriously nice cover! Are they vacuum formed parts?

Bryce.
Yes