News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Fuck you all

Started by EgoTrip, 01:08, 15 September 18

Previous topic - Next topic

EgoTrip

It's evident that this community is toxic and that the toxic elements are being pandered to. I am done with it. Fuck you all.
Edited to remove the title. I won't remove the rest of the comments because I am not a hypocrite.

[EDIT by Gryzor]EgoTrip changed the initial subject to a single [.]. However, I feel that for clarity issues and because that was rather pivotal to the discussion, I should (and have) revert (ed) the subject to its original form.

keith56

If someone wants to leave a community then that's their right, but the fact you've gone to the trouble to post this message seems to suggest you're angry at the community, but just swearing won't help anything.

Personally,While no community is perfect, I don't see anything in the CPC community I could call 'Toxic' so if only for my benefit, could you explain what you're unhappy about?...

then even if you've already decided to leave, at least the remaining community could try to address what your upset about?
Chibi Akumas: Comedy-Horror 8-bit Bullet Hell shooter!
Learn ARM, 8086, Z80, 6502 or 68000 with my tutorials: www.assemblytutorial.com
My Assembly programming book is available now on amazon!

ervin

Quote from: EgoTrip on 01:08, 15 September 18
It's evident that this community is toxic and that the toxic elements are being pandered to. I am done with it. Fuck you all.

EgoTrip... what's happened?
What sort of toxic behaviour have you encountered?
(I personally haven't seen any, but then I only go to a few subforums).

EgoTrip

Check out the log of Xyphoe's live stream tonight. It's all in there.
TL;DR version, I made a joke. Someone got butt-hurt, and he called me a cunt, then made false accusations about me. I responded in kind and got timed out for it. I tried to defend myself, got timed out for that, because the person is a patron of Xyphoes. He puts money before truth. He should have timed out the other person too but he did not. He is one of the people who is looked up to in this scene, but it's evident from tonight that he's a fake, plastic piece of shit who has no morals or respect for anyone who isn't throwing money at him. If you people respect someone like him then fuck you all.

keith56

I've not watched that stream, but let's be honest, Xyphoe is not CPC-wiki... if you don't like his fans, or him that's your choice to make, but I would bet most of the people on CPC wiki are not watching his videos.

I didn't even know who Xyphoe was until he reviewed my game, even though I'm now a patreon (as a thankyou for the review) I don't watch many of his videos, and I don't care about what he thinks beyond the game he's playing or reviewing.

It sounds to me like you should stop watching his videos, not blame the CPCwiki community when most of them probably don't care about what happens on youtube

EgoTrip

There are other people who I really dislike, I avoid them as much as I can, although some appear unavoidably. I just feel especially hurt and betrayed by this incident because I liked and respected Xyphoe, I considered him a friend as much as you can for someone you've not actually met IRL. I was actually going to give him my new game to play exclusively on his channel before release if he wanted to, but that's no longer going to happen. I doubt the game will even be released because I have no will to complete it now.

ervin

That incident does indeed sound like it may have been handled poorly...

In any case, rest assured that there *are* people here that hold your work in high regard. I know I do.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

ComSoft6128

Hi EgoTrip,

Whatever happened between you, Xyphoe and this 3rd person does NOT reflect on the wider CPCWiki membership. It obviously has really pissed you off but Keith56 hits it on the head when he says that Xyphoe is not CPCWiki.

Shining

Sorry. I take this the other way around.
I don't think that we had any issue somewhere.
And when you say "fuck you all",
everything is told because you offend me,too.
TGS is back

Download my productions at:
cpc.scifinet.org

villain

Quote from: EgoTrip on 02:06, 15 September 18
There are other people who I really dislike, I avoid them as much as I can, although some appear unavoidably.
That's probably also the case at work, at your favourite pub, inside your family, in your neighbourhood and so on... Seems rather normal to me and not avoidable. That's life.

mr_lou

There are "toxic" people in all communities. Doesn't matter what the topic is. And sure, I've seen in here on CPCwiki too.
But I'm still surprised to see a post like this today, because it was my impression that most of this noise had been cleaned out. Certain people seems to have left the forum completely (including some that really shouldn't have left though) and other individuals seems to have straightened their acts. (I'm guessing moderators had a chat with certain people a while back).

It's just the classic human condition. Everyone sees themselves as the good guy. (Even when using harsh degrading language - which I will personally never understand the logic behind). At the same time, we're all also way too proud, and keep in mind most of us are somehow "programmed" to view other entites as "enemies".

So when you make a "joke", it will almost certainly be misunderstood - by anyone who doesn't know you well (and that means everyone online).

That's why I always tell people not to make jokes online. It will always only be understood by your (real) friends, who knows that you're actually a great guy. Everyone else have no clue who you are as a person, and will with certainty misunderstand your intention - always for the worse. In fact, don't be surprised if someone claims that you were the toxic one on the livestream. It's all perspective - and everyone should (f***king) stop claiming their perspective is the one sole universal truth.

And I know what you're thinking. You're thinking "Well, this is the Amstrad CPC people! They can't possibly misunderstand me! We're all the same here, because we grew up with the CPC and we all had great times with the CPC. And they know me! I'm a great contributor to the community. I deserve some respect too". And wouldn't that be nice. But of course that has nothing to do with reality (sadly).

When someone calls you the toxic one, you will of course get offended for being called such lies - because you alone know the "truth", right? It's both funny and sad when someone claims what "the truth" is. Because no one has a clue.

But if everyone could just get off their high horses, and simply communicate with respect, that would sure help a lot. I will never understand why that's apparently so difficult for most people.

But I understand the disappointment. The Amstrad CPC was one of the best (if not the best) chapters of our lives. Everything (almost) was great back in those days. People were nice, and problems were far away. I'm one of those guys who just loves to swith off The News and turn on my CPC instead, to return to those great days to escape this... well let's just call it "Trump-Age" for a while. So I understand the disappointment perfectly well, when it seems that some "Trump-Age" has slipped into our "safe haven".

Your only mistake here is that you feel that the whole community is against you, because of a few people. That is of course not true at all. And of course these assholes are annoying as shit - but don't turn your back on everyone who actually likes you just because of these people.

robcfg

I was a bit shocked when I opened my laptop, went to the unread page and the first thing I saw was "Fuck you all"...

The people of the CPCWiki is generally super nice but, as the humans (I hope!) we are, we have highs and lows. So why don't you just talk to @Xyphoe and tell him "Hey, I think you didn't handle that well and made me feel bad"?

I know that feeling of betrayal, but when some time passes and you think about it again, you'll probably find the whole situation to not be that important. Also, I'm not mad at you even though the thread name is quite rude.

So my recommendation for you is talk to Xyphoe, solve the problem and keep enjoying the community.

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: EgoTrip on 01:46, 15 September 18
Check out the log of Xyphoe's live stream tonight. It's all in there.
TL;DR version, I made a joke. Someone got butt-hurt, and he called me a cunt, then made false accusations about me. I responded in kind and got timed out for it. I tried to defend myself, got timed out for that, because the person is a patron of Xyphoes. He puts money before truth. He should have timed out the other person too but he did not. He is one of the people who is looked up to in this scene, but it's evident from tonight that he's a fake, plastic piece of shit who has no morals or respect for anyone who isn't throwing money at him. If you people respect someone like him then fuck you all.
Ok let's get the record straight here, as this isn't exactly what happened. Before I get started, I'm not representing Xy at all, I'm just recounting this as someone who was actually there when all this happens, because Ego is only giving you one side of the story.

- You didn't just make a joke, you made a joke about Trans people, which people found offensive, bearing in mind that there were trans people on that very stream. That wasn't funny. It was insensitive, inconsiderate, mean spirited and most of all, it was unnecessary.

- When you came back, after your time out, rather than admit your fault, you continued your tirade against the transgender community. You got timed out again for that.

- When you came back after that, you then went on a spiel about Xyphoe and how money means more than loyalty (completely not true at all), you were timed out for that then as well as it was *your* poisonous comments that were bringing the stream down.

I moderate that stream (and I try to do so fairly, the few times it actually does need moderating, most of the time it's quite smooth sailing), and I didn't even see your original comment. I had to scroll back through the chat (I was watching the game being played) and quite honestly @EgoTrip , I was very shocked and saddened by a bad attempt at a joke.

The truth of the matter is, you screwed up. Your comments were tasteless and mean spirited, and *anyone* who would have said what you said would have gotten the same treatment. So rather than come on the forum and bitch about how hard done by you were, maybe sit down and think about how insensitive you were towards certain members of the community, and maybe learn a lesson from it.

Shaun... out!
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

chinnyhill10

As far as I know that live stream is not an official CPC Wiki stream nor is it representative of CPC Wiki as a whole. How many of us were there? Probably a very small percentage.

The rights or wrongs of what went on, your beef is with Xyphoe's channel and not CPC Wiki.

Now CPC Wiki now gets dragged into the 'internet drama' when it was nothing to do with the stream.
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

EgoTrip

My joke was harmless. I will not fall into the SJW line  and lose all my humour just in case I offend a fucking snowflake. It was not an attack on trans people at all.
It was the cunt moderator who dealt with it was what tipped me over the edge. He had absolutely NO right to abuse his paid-for privilege and ban me for calling him the exact same thing he called me. If he dealt with it in a more positive and sensible manner this wouldn't have happened. If you can't see what is wrong in how he, and Xyphoes allowing of this is, then you are quite frankly as much of a morally bankrupt cunt as they are. Plus the fact that mod made up outright lies which he cannot back up with evidence despite my request, to justify his behaviour he KNEW was wrong, and he threw money at Xyphoe to keep him on side and taint his judgment.

mr_lou

Half the forum is wondering what the joke was now.....  ::)

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: EgoTrip on 11:16, 15 September 18
My joke was harmless. I will not fall into the SJW line  and lose all my humour just in case I offend a fucking snowflake. It was not an attack on trans people at all.

Using terms like social justice warriors and snowflakes to cover up your own screwup. Nice!
You offended a few people with several comments. Too much drink last night perhaps?

You made a bad call, and you were called on it. Acceptance is the first step to moving on from this mess, but you'll clearly won't do that because as far as you're concerned, you did nothing wrong. Fair enough, but just because you think your comment was harmless does not make it so.
QuoteIt was the cunt moderator who dealt with it was what tipped me over the edge. He had absolutely NO right to abuse his paid-for privilege and ban me for calling him the exact same thing he called me. If he dealt with it in a more positive and sensible manner this wouldn't have happened.

Wrong again, as you reek of entitlement with that statement.
Xy's stream is a peaceful one, racism, homophobia, gender attacks, are just three of many things that even xyphoe himself won't tolerate, and nor should he. You're probably in your late 30s to late 40s, which quite frankly means you're old enough to know better. Mooza was well within his right to slap you on the wrist for what you said, take it personal as he would have done the same to me if I had said it. The only difference is that I wouldn't be stupid enough to say that in this day and age.

QuoteIf you can't see what is wrong in how he, and Xyphoes allowing of this is, then you are quite frankly as much of a morally bankrupt cunt as they are. Plus the fact that mod made up outright lies which he cannot back up with evidence despite my request, to justify his behaviour he KNEW was wrong, and he threw money at Xyphoe to keep him on side and taint his judgment.

So saying it's okay to be transphobic and then turning to moderators and telling them how they're morally bankrupt? Okaaay then, clearly you're a right wing nut job who doesn't know the meaning of the term morally bankrupt.

One more thing before I go, nobody paid for moderator privileges there. We give Xy a small donation monthly to aid in the production of the stream (which quite frankly is THE most polished Amstrad stream you'll find), and while Al does a great job with it, any help we can give, he'll rightfully accept as bandwidth costs money, capture equipment costs money, software costs money and cameras and mics cost money. We're made moderators there to distinguish patreons. Xy actually tries to discourage us from using timeouts, and as I mentioned before, we rarely have to. It's when people like you post garbage like what you did is when we swing the ban hammer, because you couldn't be civil.

In short, don't condemn moderators for holding up their end of the deal just because you couldn't hold up yours!
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

robcfg

Quote from: mr_lou on 11:25, 15 September 18

Indeed!

As Chinny said, I don't see what it has to do with the CPCWiki. Sure, Xyphoe and Shaun are registered users here, but you had a problem with them on Xyphoe's Youtube channel and suddenly we all here are "morally bankrupt cunts".

Man, in you're looking for help mediating, you're doing it quite wrong and as I said before, it's something between Xyphoe, Shaun and you, just calm down, talk to them and try to find a solution so that something like this doesn't happen again.

Moderation is difficult and no one here is perfect, so misunderstandings happen. Please don't turn this into an ego trip... (Disclaimer:That was an actual joke  ;D )

CraigsBar

Quote from: mr_lou on 07:38, 15 September 18
There are "toxic" people in all communities. Doesn't matter what the topic is. And sure, I've seen in here on CPCwiki too.
But I'm still surprised to see a post like this today, because it was my impression that most of this noise had been cleaned out. Certain people seems to have left the forum completely (including some that really shouldn't have left though) and other individuals seems to have straightened their acts. (I'm guessing moderators had a chat with certain people a while back).

It's just the classic human condition. Everyone sees themselves as the good guy. (Even when using harsh degrading language - which I will personally never understand the logic behind). At the same time, we're all also way too proud, and keep in mind most of us are somehow "programmed" to view other entites as "enemies".

So when you make a "joke", it will almost certainly be misunderstood - by anyone who doesn't know you well (and that means everyone online).

That's why I always tell people not to make jokes online. It will always only be understood by your (real) friends, who knows that you're actually a great guy. Everyone else have no clue who you are as a person, and will with certainty misunderstand your intention - always for the worse. In fact, don't be surprised if someone claims that you were the toxic one on the livestream. It's all perspective - and everyone should (f***king) stop claiming their perspective is the one sole universal truth.

And I know what you're thinking. You're thinking "Well, this is the Amstrad CPC people! They can't possibly misunderstand me! We're all the same here, because we grew up with the CPC and we all had great times with the CPC. And they know me! I'm a great contributor to the community. I deserve some respect too". And wouldn't that be nice. But of course that has nothing to do with reality (sadly).

When someone calls you the toxic one, you will of course get offended for being called such lies - because you alone know the "truth", right? It's both funny and sad when someone claims what "the truth" is. Because no one has a clue.

But if everyone could just get off their high horses, and simply communicate with respect, that would sure help a lot. I will never understand why that's apparently so difficult for most people.

But I understand the disappointment. The Amstrad CPC was one of the best (if not the best) chapters of our lives. Everything (almost) was great back in those days. People were nice, and problems were far away. I'm one of those guys who just loves to swith off The News and turn on my CPC instead, to return to those great days to escape this... well let's just call it "Trump-Age" for a while. So I understand the disappointment perfectly well, when it seems that some "Trump-Age" has slipped into our "safe haven".

Your only mistake here is that you feel that the whole community is against you, because of a few people. That is of course not true at all. And of course these assholes are annoying as shit - but don't turn your back on everyone who actually likes you just because of these people.

Sorry to quote verbatim Mr_Lou, but you speaketh the truth with such eloquence! ;)
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

CraigsBar

Quote from: mr_lou on 11:25, 15 September 18

I was in the stream, it was *not* a belly laugher
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Xyphoe

<I've edited and removed this for now - going to gather some more facts and information first>

EgoTrip

@Shaun M. Neary I WAS NOT TRANSPHOBIC. It was a fucking stupid joke. It was not meant to offend, intimidate or hate anyone. To say that was transphobic is distracting from the real transphobes out there who mean to hate and harm trans people. Sure some of them have horrible personalities and use their status to get what they want, but that's not because they are trans its because they are shit. All that mod needed to do was say something like "please don't say things like that" and I'd have said sorry and moved on But when he called me a cunt, deliberately being antagonistic I called him one back. What he said directly to me was more offensive than what I said aimed at nobody. I will not apologise for the joke. I have seen similar by other people in the same chats, I will not name names but I am sure you can find many examples if you go through the VODs.
I see nobody is addressing the fact that he outright LIED about me saying things to another YT'er. I asked him to back up with evidence and he has not, because he cannot. Why is he allowed to spread lies about me in order to push his agenda and gain more support from people? This is what is pissing me off the most. I can call him a cunt back, and if he times me out for it then that shows what a cowardly piece of shit he really is. But making up lies is just as low as you can get. It's what I expect from SJW's though, they live for this sort of thing. I bet he was loving every minute of it.

I am as far from both left, and right-wing as you can get. I don't subscribe to either ideologies because they are divisive and toxic. You are making a HELL of a lot of assumptions about me, considering I basically tell people NOTHING about my private life. I have minority cards I can play to gain me sympathy, yet I refuse to because quite frankly it's disgusting behaviour and it casts a negative light on others who have the same cards.
Sure my morals may not be up (or down) to everyone elses standards, but I am not coming from a brainwashed SJW angle. I believe in a fair world, and sanitising anything that is not in line with SJW beliefs is not fair at all. I admit I over-reacted over this whole thing, I apologise if I offended anyone who was not involved. But I will not apologise to anyone else.

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: EgoTrip on 12:09, 15 September 18
@Shaun M. Neary I WAS NOT TRANSPHOBIC. It was a fucking stupid joke. It was not meant to offend, intimidate or hate anyone. To say that was transphobic is distracting from the real transphobes out there who mean to hate and harm trans people. Sure some of them have horrible personalities and use their status to get what they want, but that's not because they are trans its because they are shit. All that mod needed to do was say something like "please don't say things like that" and I'd have said sorry and moved on But when he called me a cunt, deliberately being antagonistic I called him one back. What he said directly to me was more offensive than what I said aimed at nobody. I will not apologise for the joke. I have seen similar by other people in the same chats, I will not name names but I am sure you can find many examples if you go through the VODs.
I see nobody is addressing the fact that he outright LIED about me saying things to another YT'er. I asked him to back up with evidence and he has not, because he cannot. Why is he allowed to spread lies about me in order to push his agenda and gain more support from people? This is what is pissing me off the most. I can call him a cunt back, and if he times me out for it then that shows what a cowardly piece of shit he really is. But making up lies is just as low as you can get. It's what I expect from SJW's though, they live for this sort of thing. I bet he was loving every minute of it.

I am as far from both left, and right-wing as you can get. I don't subscribe to either ideologies because they are divisive and toxic. You are making a HELL of a lot of assumptions about me, considering I basically tell people NOTHING about my private life. I have minority cards I can play to gain me sympathy, yet I refuse to because quite frankly it's disgusting behaviour and it casts a negative light on others who have the same cards.
Sure my morals may not be up (or down) to everyone elses standards, but I am not coming from a brainwashed SJW angle. I believe in a fair world, and sanitising anything that is not in line with SJW beliefs is not fair at all. I admit I over-reacted over this whole thing, I apologise if I offended anyone who was not involved. But I will not apologise to anyone else.

... and you wonder why you got banned?
Quit trying to play the victim, nobody's buying it and you're not helping yourself either.

keith56

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 12:17, 15 September 18

... and you wonder why you got banned?
Quit trying to play the victim, nobody's buying it and you're not helping yourself either.
Agreed Youtube aside, your language in this thread is not really appropriate, and I have no idea what the joke you made was, but I'm sure you know that Youtube is going 'hard-left' these days, and swinging the  'demonatization and channel-strike hammer' with full fury... so why you'd be surprised that making a 'trans' joke may not go down well in a 'mainstream' retro gaming channel is not clear to me.

I'm all for freedom of speech for 'risky' humor, but the live chat of xyphoe's amstrad CPC video isn't exactly the place...

robcfg

Guys, please calm down.

Is there any place where we can read the log so we can have a more informed view of the situation?

Misunderstandings in communication go bitter quite fast and I wouldn't like that to escalate.