News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Fuck you all

Started by EgoTrip, 01:08, 15 September 18

Previous topic - Next topic

EgoTrip

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 12:17, 15 September 18

... and you wonder why you got banned?
Quit trying to play the victim, nobody's buying it and you're not helping yourself either.
I am not playing the victim. All I wanted was fair treatment. If I can be punished for saying certain things, then why the fuck can the mods do what they want with impunity?
You are a prime example of the toxicity I am leaving this community to avoid. You want to live in a twisted world where nobody can say anything that is not approved by your cult. All this SJW shit will come to an end sooner or later, and everyone will be awake to you. So, enjoy it while you can.

roudoudou

Quote from: EgoTrip on 12:38, 15 September 18
then why the fuck can the mods do what they want with impunity?
internet is not a democracyyou can tell almost what you want (regarding the laws)
but you can be kicked without a warning
deal with it
My pronouns are RASM and ACE

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: EgoTrip on 12:38, 15 September 18
I am not playing the victim. All I wanted was fair treatment. If I can be punished for saying certain things, then why the fuck can the mods do what they want with impunity?
You are a prime example of the toxicity I am leaving this community to avoid. You want to live in a twisted world where nobody can say anything that is not approved by your cult. All this SJW shit will come to an end sooner or later, and everyone will be awake to you. So, enjoy it while you can.
Could you please explain this a bit further as I'm confused by two things in this statement.

1) The only thing toxic were your words in that stream, you know it, you stand by it and have no intentions of taking it back, which says so much more about me than it does about you. So I'd like to know exactly how I am an example of this 'toxicity' that you bleat on about.

2) My cult? I'd like an explanation here. I don't have a cult, or a following, in fact, I left this forum initially months ago. I only came back on to clear up a few things that you blatantly omitted from last nights events. I'm probably the least prominent face of the CPC community these days, and I'm okay with that.

But if you can't be civil in a room, think you can throw your weight around, only to be turfed out by the bouncer for your actions and you want to get all boo boo faced and blame everyone else but yourself, go ahead, take your ball, go home, and don't let the door hit you on the way out. We have a cool community in the retro scene with no place for hate.

PS: Definition of a joke is as follows:- a thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter, especially a story with a funny punchline.

Your 'joke' caused neither amusement or laughter... and the punchline ended up in you being kicked out.
Still think it's funny? Neither did we.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

EgoTrip

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 12:46, 15 September 18
Could you please explain this a bit further as I'm confused by two things in this statement.

1) The only thing toxic were your words in that stream, you know it, you stand by it and have no intentions of taking it back, which says so much more about me than it does about you. So I'd like to know exactly how I am an example of this 'toxicity' that you bleat on about.

2) My cult? I'd like an explanation here. I don't have a cult, or a following, in fact, I left this forum initially months ago. I only came back on to clear up a few things that you blatantly omitted from last nights events. I'm probably the least prominent face of the CPC community these days, and I'm okay with that.

But if you can't be civil in a room, think you can throw your weight around, only to be turfed out by the bouncer for your actions and you want to get all boo boo faced and blame everyone else but yourself, go ahead, take your ball, go home, and don't let the door hit you on the way out. We have a cool community in the retro scene with no place for hate.

PS: Definition of a joke is as follows:- a thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter, especially a story with a funny punchline.

Your 'joke' caused neither amusement or laughter... and the punchline ended up in you being kicked out.
Go die of cancer.

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: EgoTrip on 12:52, 15 September 18
Go die of cancer.
Your honour... the defense rests.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Xyphoe

I'm going to reply shortly, I've pulled up last nights chat logs. But I need to look into what was said on the previous weeks stream by EgoChip, that caused Chris to snap on last nights stream - however I don't have the logs for that now.

CraigsBar

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 12:46, 15 September 18

<snip>

I see what you did there, and that was funny :)
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Railslave

Quote from: keith56 on 12:27, 15 September 18but the live chat of xyphoe's amstrad CPC video isn't exactly the place...

As far I can tell (from lurking) Xyphoe runs a tight ship, The way he carries himself and his channel online is very professional and pretty much all ages, very British, I would say. This is actually VERY refreshing, I can watch this stuff with my kids around.

I think, in this day and age It doesn't hurt to be extra careful of hurting people feelings or whatever, especially in a place like that. It's not exactly censorship, just a respect for where you are and the community you are in.

Dunno, Just my opinion.

Xyphoe

Firstly, I'm going to ignore and not make comment here on any other comments/replies posted in this topic. They speak for themselves.

Secondly, I am very angry I have had to waste hours this morning pulling up chat logs, reviewing them, seeing what I said in the video and also trying to review what happened in last week's stream that I missed. More on that in a sec. This morning's plans have been cancelled, and I've had to basically ignore the family and kids/baby digging into this. However this has been posted publicly, and just talking about myself - been accused of various things and called nasty words. In fact I've had a PM calling me a 'c**t', told 'f**k you' and other accusations. I've since had an apology PM, but I'll come to that later.

Thirdly I am incredibly disappointed by all this. Not only did it ruin what was a really lovely stream for me and everyone else, plus this video will be able to be watched by anyone and they'll see and witness all this crap - and it's there forever. I cannot edit it out - YouTube does provide some very basic editing tools but they fail on vids 5 hours plus long. Great. Thousands will over time will see all this crap. But mostly disappointed because I have been a big supporter of EgoChip and his games. I've done feature videos on them, always been positive and supportive towards them, and pretty much every time he comes in a stream I welcome him, tell the viewers that he makes CPC games and they should all go and check them out and support him. What more can I do? And for all that, I get this.

Furthermore it has always been my goal to make these AMSTREAMS a friendly, positive, and inclusive place for anyone who wants to join in and be cool. People take time out of their Friday evenings every week to come hang out with like minded retro/CPC fans and chat with each other. I am super super proud we have achieved this, but I do not tolerate any negativity. Period. I always deal with it calmly and give people opportunity for it to be resolved or chill out, and move on. I am very tolerant. But this is the first time in nearly 2 years of streaming, that we've had any kind of this level of negativity and fall out within the CPC community - ever. Such a shame, and also I know for a fact that there are trans people who are regularly in the chat and I sincerely hope that they, and anyone else has not been put off from joining in again.

EgoChip may not know this, but he has in the past upset someone who was a very regular and supportive viewer. He has not brought this up publicly or in the chat, he decided to leave and not say anything but no longer watches. That sucks.

So. The video is now public and live -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh1d0RJiJ4c

I would politely ask that no-one make comment on this issue in the comments on the video please.

But, after pulling up the chat logs from last night I will go over what happened. There was reference to an issue in last weeks stream but unfortunately the chat logs are not available for that (they rotate after 7 days) and I am not re-watching a 5+hour video.

OK here we go -

• Around the 2:51:10 mark EgoChip made a bizarre and out-the-blue comment about transexual wolves(?!?!??). Possibly because Operation Wolf was being discussed. You will see this in the video itself, not in the live chat replay YouTube provides.
  • "thats where the operation comes in, they are trans wolves @AnnaZero"
  • Moderater Chris McGilvray took exception to this. After speaking to him directly this morning, he tells me that EgoChip made anti-trans comments or jokes in the previous stream, but as I said above - I no longer have the chat logs for that vid, and I've tried to skip through the 5+hour video to see if I can find it but admittedly I cannot so far, but I am not spending 5 hours of my time rewatching the whole thing.
  • Chris posted "i see egochip is making more trans jokes tonight, cunt!". I believe Chris overreacted here, and should NOT have called EgoChip the hard 'C' word. But he is right for calling him out on it, he should have just dealt with it differently and much better.
  • (Please also bear in mind I cannot watch the chat 100% of the time, I miss things but will try and find out what happened.)
  • Things escalated. Chris over-reacted, but EgoChip wayyyyyy over reacted to that. EgoChip called him a 'c***' several times, but YouTube auto-modded that picking up that word.
  • Here is a sample of the chat logs -
Sep 15, 2018 1:38:06 AM    EgoChip    @chris mcgilvray you are a nasty piece of shit and a liar, you know full well i said nothing to Kim Justice, I hope karma gets you for this because you deserve it
Sep 15, 2018 1:31:20 AM    EgoChip    @Xyphoe i just want to let you know because you took the word of an instigator, liar and a troll who abused his position to get around the filter, you have lost a long time supporter and a friend
Sep 15, 2018 1:04:54 AM    Mooza1976    Egochip said that we're all c*nts
Sep 15, 2018 1:04:39 AM    25Clansman    @Egochip What???
Sep 15, 2018 1:04:22 AM    Jesus Christiano    Why egochip?
Sep 15, 2018 1:03:53 AM    EgoChip    you are all c***s
Sep 15, 2018 12:58:26 AM    EgoChip    you are a liar and a terrible person, I hope you suffer the most horrific thing you can think of
Sep 15, 2018 12:58:06 AM    EgoChip    i did NOT do it on the last stream, SHOW ME THE FUCJING PROOF you liar @chris mcgilvray
Sep 15, 2018 12:57:46 AM    EgoChip    it wasn't directed at you, it wasn't a slur on trans people, it was a fucking JOKE
Sep 15, 2018 12:57:18 AM    EgoChip    and if you can't take a joke, get off the internet you fucking retarded snowflake c***
Sep 15, 2018 12:56:47 AM    EgoChip    chris you are such a moron, i said nothing to kim justice, if you claim i did, SHOW ME THE PROOF or fuck off
Sep 15, 2018 12:51:32 AM    EgoChip    chris is a cunt that's what happened
Sep 15, 2018 12:51:22 AM    Shaun M. Neary    What happened Egochip?
Sep 15, 2018 12:50:52 AM    EgoChip    you are the cunt @chris mcgilvray
Sep 15, 2018 12:50:30 AM    chris mcgilvray    i see egochip is making more trans jokes tonight, cunt!
Sep 15, 2018 12:49:37 AM    EgoChip    thats where the operation comes in, they are trans wolves @Anna Zero

• So we have 3 incidents of this if you look at the time stamps.
  • All I said was (2:55:59) on the first occurrence of this was basically "Egochip making trans jokes? Cut that crap out if that's the case. Chris say no more please, EgoChip drop it too. That's enough or I'll have to kick both of you from the stream temporarily". I was addressing BOTH of them.
  • 6 or so mins later I had to repeat myself because I was being ignored by EgoChip and others "No more on it, no more guys. If I see anyone else talking about it I'm just going to time you out. We don't want that crap on the stream. Lets drop it now guys, thank you very much."
  • Despite warnings EgoChip did not listen. I had to again say "EgoChip I warned you to drop it and say no more and move on. You've ignored what I said, I'm sorry my dude. Leave the stream for tonight dude, come back again with a more positive attitude. I'm going to have to temporarily block you for a while, I did warn you and you decided to come back and say that, and ignore my wishes"
  • I don't know how else I could have handled that more calmly, patiently and fair. Both, and ALL, were told to stop talking about it, chill out, and move on.
Jeez. And now I get accused of favouring Patreons, get called 'C**T' in private messages and publicly on forums.

Apparently I have shown 'my true colours'. I think it is very clear to see here who has.
The video is there now for all to see. Watch the video, see above, and draw your own conclusions - but bare in mind you may not see a lot of EgoChip's messages because it got auto-modded by YouTube or the Nightbot. But chat log sample is above.

EgoChip has since sent an apology in a private message. Which I appreciate very much, and will reply to him later. I do hope that he sees the error of his ways here and extends the same apology publicly. He should note that I have already spoken to Chris the moderator about his overreaction. It was a very silly thing he said, it's not as bad as it may sound, however it has whether he likes it or not - he offended people. And the way he reacted, and has carried on after, is completely unacceptable.

CraigsBar

Quote from: Xyphoe on 15:18, 15 September 18
<snip the content it can be read above>

Well said Al, you handled it perfectly however if someone is not listening I do not know what else you can do. I left shortly afterwards but not as a result of anything that happened in the stream or the chat.

You acted as the total professional in this that is what makes your yous channel, as other have said, the best most professional on YT. Don't be put off of feel down. shit happens everywhere from time to time, and the CPC community is not alone. You do great work and we all enjoy your streams on fridays... although after a hard week at work I rarely see the end. Well not live at any rate!

Looking forward to next week now all this can be put into history and please everyone lets MOVE ON.

Xyphoe

Indeed.
So the TL;DR version is -

• EgoChip made a bizarre and stupid joke about trans people
  • Chris (moderator) did way overreact calling him a 'c***' - he has been spoken to by me today
  • It escalated, and I politely told them BOTH to stop, drop it and move on.
  • EgoChip ignored this and kept coming back with more abuse
  • (Note - YouTube deleted the chat messages of EgoChip involving 'c' words and other abusive language, other mods (eg Mooza) deleted anything angry/abusive from EgoChip because WE DO NOT WANT IT ON THE STREAM - TAKE YOUR ARGUMENTS AND ISSUES ELSEWHERE)
  • EgoChip repeatedly ignored my requests to let it drop and stop bringing it up / being abusive - after the 3rd time of him coming back after a short timeout one of the mods kicked him from the stream. Wasn't actually me, but I probably would have done.
I cannot stress enough that BOTH of them, and everyone else in the chat, were told to DROP IT and move on.
No favouritism shown here. I do not know where EgoChip get's this from. Type abusive stuff or bad words in the chat - it get's deleted. Simple. No matter who it is, mods and all.
And in reference to other comments here - yes actually, a fair amount of CPC Wiki regulars do come on the streams and watch. Still this should not have been posted publicly here. But the CPC Wiki should not have been drawn into this, but also neither should I be dragged into this because I did nothing wrong and tried to deal with it calmly and fairly.

Xyphoe

It also casts a very negative light on the AMSTREAMS, if anyone is to believe EgoChip reading this here. That bothers me. It is the furthest from a toxic/negative community, very much the opposite as anyone who has joined in has seen. We're there to talk about the Amstrad, and retro gaming. That's it. Politics and other bullshit can do one, go elsewhere with it.

Please, anyone reading this - don't be put off joining in. It was handled calmly, respectfully and politely by me. I however cannot do anything about someone who reacts so way over-the-top and comes here to post such things.

Gryzor

*clears throat*

Well, to be fair; the CPCWiki is about all things CPC. And as such, the CPC community is much a topic that can be discussed. Therefore, although at times it sounds unorthodox and awkward, I do welcome discussions about stuff happening elsewhere. Discussions about other fora? Sure. Threads about events and get togethers? By all means. YT streams?

Erm, ok, that was a first, but still part of a larger community, so I don't think it's off topic. Which, of course, doesn't mean I condone or agree with the tone or what was leveled against the community in general (and even though it seemed directed square at the CPCWiki community).

ervin

Quote from: Xyphoe on 16:21, 15 September 18
Indeed.
So the TL;DR version is -

• EgoChip made a bizarre and stupid joke about trans people
  • Chris (moderator) did way overreact calling him a 'c***' - he has been spoken to by me today
  • It escalated, and I politely told them BOTH to stop, drop it and move on.
  • EgoChip ignored this and kept coming back with more abuse
  • (Note - YouTube deleted the chat messages of EgoChip involving 'c' words and other abusive language, other mods (eg Mooza) deleted anything angry/abusive from EgoChip because WE DO NOT WANT IT ON THE STREAM - TAKE YOUR ARGUMENTS AND ISSUES ELSEWHERE)
  • EgoChip repeatedly ignored my requests to let it drop and stop bringing it up / being abusive - after the 3rd time of him coming back after a short timeout one of the mods kicked him from the stream. Wasn't actually me, but I probably would have done.
I cannot stress enough that BOTH of them, and everyone else in the chat, were told to DROP IT and move on.
No favouritism shown here. I do not know where EgoChip get's this from. Type abusive stuff or bad words in the chat - it get's deleted. Simple. No matter who it is, mods and all.
And in reference to other comments here - yes actually, a fair amount of CPC Wiki regulars do come on the streams and watch. Still this should not have been posted publicly here. But the CPC Wiki should not have been drawn into this, but also neither should I be dragged into this because I did nothing wrong and tried to deal with it calmly and fairly.

I think you dealt with it very professionally.
Certainly with more patience than I would have had.
It's such a shame that something like this had to happen in one of your streams (which are always excellent).

roudoudou

those people needs boobs to relax a little
*censored for your own security*, can you advice us some CPC productions?
My pronouns are RASM and ACE

mr_lou

Hm, so I've watched the video and the chat. I can't help it. I've always had this urge to try to straighten these things out. Not always successful, but here goes.

First, some context:

Xyphoe starts playing the Operation Wolf clone game, and the chat is going:

EgoChip: oh no
Anna Zero: ah the classic
EgoChip: i can't stand these type of games
Anna Zero: i liked op wolf better
Novabug: You take MORE damage on the left side
EgoChip: more damage on the left? sounds about right but less politics is best
chris mcgilvray: oh drama in the stream 🤣🤣🤣

So first we see that EgoChip plays on words to make jokes. First he turns "left and right" into a joke on politics. Seems to work well. Chris McGilvray evidently finds it funny too.

Xyphoe: I don't like games where you have to shoot animals. I'm not a fan of that.
Anna Zero: i let the new wolfenstein games off as those dogs were genetically altered killer dogs but as a rule I dont like killing animals in games either
EgoChip: that's where the operation comes in, they are trans wolves @Anna Zero
Anna Zero: Ah I see

Xyphoe tells us that he doesn't like games where he has to shoot animals. Anna Zero indicates that she doesn't like killing animals either, but is ok with it in the new wolfenstein game because those animals are genetically altered to become killer dogs.
EgoChip then tries to tell Anna Zero that it's also ok killing the animals in "Operation Wolf" then - because the wolves have in fact gone through surgery too - that's where the word "operation" comes in. Again a play on words. So far so good.

But the surgery - the operation - what has this changed the wolves into then? Killer wolves? No...  "they are trans wolves" now.....

Oh
my
God

That's bad! That's extremely bad!

It would have worked if "trans" had been replaced with "transformed". Then it would have made sense. It would have been an innocent wordplay, suitable for the current conversation.
But as it stands there as just "trans", it actually sounds like he's actually comparing genetically altered killer dogs with transsexual wolves - and is saying that they're ok to shoot then...

😳

That's as bad as it can get.

But listen, anyone can make a bad joke, trying to rush something funny out without giving it enough thought. I don't even know EgoTrip that well, but I feel that I know him enough to know that he definitely wouldn't say something like that intentionally. Seems like he was trying to come up with a wordplay fast, and just didn't think it through.

How many of us can agree with that? Would EgoTrip express something like that? Not really, right?

I'm very much against moderators using harsh language. I've always felt that moderators should act the absolute finest on the chatrooms they are moderating. But I gotta admit that Chris' "cunt" comment is a lot easier to understand when seeing it in this context. And he probably doesn't know EgoTrip like many of us do. Still, he shouldn't have called him a cunt.

What happens next is that EgoChip gets a timeout automatically from the bot for using the exact same word that Chris just did, giving EgoChip no chance to explain himself. That's not really ok, is it?

So EgoChip wasn't banned for his bad joke. It was actually for using the same word that Chris had just used. Not alright.

Therefor other people in the chat were of course confused as to why EgoChip was banned.

chris mcgilvray: i see egochip is making more trans jokes tonight, cunt!
Nightbot blacklists EgoChip (for saying cunt back)
chris mcgilvray​: well played nightbot
Novabug​: wtf nightbot?
Shaun M. Neary​: What happened Egochip?
chris mcgilvray​: hes making more trans jokes
Novabug: ​He upset the PC thought police i think
Shaun M. Neary​: o_O
Novabug: ​He did nothing wrong nightbot
chris mcgilvray: ​wow novabug
chris mcgilvray: ​the other night he slagged kim justice and tonight hes making general trans jokes and thats okay with you....really
Shaun M. Neary: ​@chris mcgilvray What did I miss here?
chris mcgilvray​: scroll up
Novabug​: I know Kim well, she wouldn't care about such fivilous tribe people.
Shaun M. Neary: ​I honestly can't see anything offensive in what he said here.
chris mcgilvray: ​So she'll be okaycwith you NOT sticking up for trans folk and sticking up for the guy doing the slagging. ....thats just frivolous 🤣🤣💦
Novabug: ​I Agree Shaun. We agree! yey! lol
Novabug​: She'll agree that it's a dumb joke and not be triggered. I know her, I hugged her a month ago and had a bevvie.
chris mcgilvray​: its a dumb joke ONCE! He did it on the last stream too so its not a joke to him
Shaun M. Neary​: Ego has never been a problem on this stream from what i recall, and I've been here for months
chris mcgilvray: ​he obvs has a thing about trans because thats the last two streams hes made jokes about trans

So Chris claims EgoChip made trans jokes in a previous stream too. EgoChip is furious that Chris makes this claim, calls him a liar and a terrible person. Asks for proof several times. Is clearly affected by this claim of his.

Unfortunately, everytime Xyphoe takes a peak at the chat, he asks EgoChip to "stop it". I can easily understand why EgoChip interprets this as Xyphoe siding with Chris - but that's of course not what Xyphoe was doing. As he also explained, he just didn't wanted a "polluted" chat on the stream. But EgoChip now feels that "everyone" believes Chris' word, and thus is against him.

The whole thing looks like a terribly timed series of unfortunate events, all falling out to EgoChips disadvantage. Add to that EgoChips apparent artistic sensitivity (like many of us have - including myself), and you've got yourself a recipe for disaster.

LambdaMikel

Quote from: chinnyhill10 on 10:56, 15 September 18
As far as I know that live stream is not an official CPC Wiki stream nor is it representative of CPC Wiki as a whole. How many of us were there? Probably a very small percentage.
Indeed, never heard of that stream. But now I am curious to check it out...

Zoe Robinson

Xyphoe, I think you handled this very professionally. Given the godawful "joke" that was made, I would not have been so kind in your position.

EgoTrip, I hope once you've calmed down you'll see this is a storm in a teacup. Sometimes a joke doesn't go over well, comedy is subjective. Know your audience, and all that.

CraigsBar

Quote from: Zoe Robinson on 19:11, 15 September 18
Xyphoe, I think you handled this very professionally. Given the godawful "joke" that was made, I would not have been so kind in your position.

EgoTrip, I hope once you've calmed down you'll see this is a storm in a teacup. Sometimes a joke doesn't go over well, comedy is subjective. Know your audience, and all that.

Well said, Can I vote Zoe as the CPC-Wiki voice of reason?

alex76gr

Can someone please create a good conversion of Konami's Scramble on CPC?

I would like to play it before i grow too old and die.

Thank you.
I still believe that i got my myopia from the green GT-65 monitor, but i can't prove it! :)

Dabz

And thats it right there, you may get away with jokes like that amongst friends when your away from keyboard, but some may find the transgender subject a bit touchie because I can imagine its a big thing as they were growing up, and even bigger thing when they finally went "THIS IS MEEEEE"... And again, I can imagine the road was rough for them to get to that point, as well as afterwards too, its a sensitive subject for some, you need to realise that, especially when posting on a public forum.

On the other side, this Chris moderator... Well, being a moderator and calling someone the c-word, that's not cricket like, I know a lot of people dont like the c-word, when I'm out with friends, and it slips out, 9/10 one of the lasses will glare at me and be like "Wash your mouth out Mr Denathorn", I can say t*** or b******, but as soon as the c-word comes out... Daggers!

Its a harsh word, and fully understand if there is a negative reaction to it.

So, yes, as far as I can see... EgoChip made a joke in very bad taste on a public forum, and he has done himself no favours letting it spew over to CPCWiki, he really should of apologised instead of chucking his toys out of his pram after being called the c-word, that would of been the bigger mans route if you ask me, but he hasnt and now he looks all childish.

But the cherry on the cake really is this Chris fella, he's there to moderate, be professional, and, well, in all the years I've frequented forums online... I've never seen a moderator call a user a c***, it looks like there was embers alight and he decided the best, most professional route as a representative of Xyphoe would be to extinguish it by chucking whinny bushes on them and pumping them with oxygen!

And that's how it ended up a sloppy mess, mistakes were made from all parties if you ask me, so if I had any advice, Ego needs to calm himself down a bit, take stock, apologise (If he can, to the people he offended) and rethink how he handles himself online.

Xyphoe needs to tell this Chris fella that he wont allow that language from a moderator, and if it does happen again, in no uncertain terms, he's a goner, and yes, him and EgoChips should apologise to each other.

And then... Everyone should move on.

My 2p

Dabz

mr_lou

Xyphoe couldn't have handled it any differently, seeing as he was the one (busy with) running the show.
That's why you have moderators.
Xyphoe repeatedly asked everyone to leave it and move on. EgoChip obviously had no choice in this matter, since he was banned. So all he could do was to watch as Chris continued talking about it, claiming things about EgoChip. Granted, Novabug and Shaun was asking - coz they were very confused about the whole thing, so you could say Chris "had" to answer.
So EgoChip wasn't the one who continued the "debate" - it was Chris, Novabug and Shaun - but when Xyphoe peaked at the chat, with very little time to get an overview, it was mostly EgoChip he asked to stop it.
That makes it easy for me to understand why EgoChip snapped.

Unfortunately, by snapping, EgoChip then goes ahead and ruins everything for himself by his acting in this thread here.

Xyphoe

Quote from: mr_lou on 07:26, 16 September 18
EgoChip obviously had no choice in this matter, since he was banned.
I should point out that he wasn't banned initially. He was 'timed out' for short periods of time automatically by the Nightbot twice. Logs ->
EgoChipTimed out for 300 seconds by Nightbot for posting blacklist"chris is a cunt that's what happened"
EgoChipTimed out for 5 seconds by Nightbot for posting blacklist"you are the cunt @chris mcgilvray"

It was after the 3rd re-appearance and occurrence that he was banned by another mod who also got fed up.

Also I should note that at the time I didn't see Chris's first reply to EgoChip and missed him calling him a "c***" - which is unacceptable too. Otherwise I would have said some things to Chris specifically at the time, probably temporarily taken away mod powers.

It's hard keeping on top of the chat when there was over 70 concurrent people there and I'm trying to play games too! Chris has been spoken to me directly and privately yesterday - if he reacts like that again he'll have his mod powers permanently revoked. Fair?

mr_lou

Quote from: Xyphoe on 11:03, 16 September 18
I should point out that he wasn't banned initially. He was 'timed out' for short periods of time automatically by the Nightbot twice. Logs ->
It was after the 3rd re-appearance and occurrence that he was banned by another mod who also got fed up.

Yes well, it's the 5 minutes of timeout I'm talking about. EgoChip had no choice but to "not talk about it" during those 5 minutes, in which Chris, Novabug and Shaun kept talking about it. EgoChip thus wasn't the one ignoring your request there (although he probably would have if he could - but being timed-out he actually had no choice but to comply at the time).

Quote from: Xyphoe on 11:03, 16 September 18
It's hard keeping on top of the chat when there was over 70 concurrent people there and I'm trying to play games too!

Everyone here agrees that you did what you could under the circumstances. No one is pointing fingers at you. If you feel anyone is blaming you, stop. That's not the case. You gotta be able to rely on your moderators, and focus on "the show". You shouldn't have to pause everything to check-up on the chat.

Novabug

Quote from: Zoe Robinson on 19:11, 15 September 18

Storm in a teacup is exactly it. Offence is subjective, as it humour. Good jokes, bad jokes whateever. The only reason this escalated to this level is the counter re-action followed by another bad reaction. Sheesh, all good fun.

Well done Al, handled it very well.