Hello, Im Jesus Delmas from Spain! check also my Rick dangerous WR Speed Run!

Started by jesusdelmas, 15:43, 14 September 17

Previous topic - Next topic

jesusdelmas

Hello to everyone!

Im from Spain (Alicante) i just came here to introduce myself and post also my first Amstrad Speedrun for Rick Dangerous CPC version, i had an amstrad since i was a child so im very happy now that is on fashion again! lots of new projects have been made and a lot of more to come.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=digKEqHxE2M&t=213s

The run is not perfect but is good, i made 2 mistakes that costed me some seconds, and also i was unlucky in the second level, in one part of the level,  3 enemies have to follow you going up, and they do it sometimes at the first try or sometimes the secons and so on.... i got it the 7th try and lost 20 seconds there! you could save 40 seconds in total in a 100% perfect speed run, but im pretty happy with mine, the game is hard.  (i think this could be the actual world record on an Amstrad CPC, anyway there is no other serious tries XD)

Sorry about the frame rate.. im new recording videos and i recorded at 30 fps when the game runs at 50fps

And thats it, waiting for the Alicante Retrodev 2017, hope to enjoy it with all you guys!

regards

Shaun M. Neary

Nicely done, I actually thought you'd used a cheat for a second when I saw you run through the dog on level 3.

Only ever made it as far as the second or third screen of level 3 on this game. I just got frustrated with the thing and left it.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

CraigsBar

There's a level 3? I must try harder

Sent from my ONEPLUS 3t using Tapatalk

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: CraigsBar on 23:11, 14 September 17
There's a level 3? I must try harder

There are four, I think.
Did you even get off level 1, Craig?  :laugh:
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

CraigsBar

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 01:01, 15 September 17

There are four, I think.
Did you even get off level 1, Craig?  [emoji23]
Yes.... Twice I think. [emoji6]

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Shaun M. Neary

Hahah, I can just about get off level 1 on one life, then Level 2 comes along and kicks my ass.

reidrac

If is not perfect... well, it looks pretty impressive to me anyway! Well done!

(not sure if you're using an emulator, but depending how yo record the video it may not be important you didn't record 50 FPS because you may not get that anyway)
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick and Hyperdrive for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.

jesusdelmas

Quote from: reidrac on 21:56, 15 September 17
If is not perfect... well, it looks pretty impressive to me anyway! Well done!

(not sure if you're using an emulator, but depending how yo record the video it may not be important you didn't record 50 FPS because you may not get that anyway)

Thanks for your coment!, yes im using the last version of Caprice emultor, is the best for playing Rick Dangerous, and yes in some parts the game slows down (in a real cpc is the same), but i made a mistake recording the video at 30fps.. anyway i will record the next videos at 50 fps.

I playes 2 weeks this game to achieve a good skill level, it is a hard game in sime parts, the hardest level es the second one, really hard.

jesusdelmas

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 21:52, 14 September 17
Nicely done, I actually thought you'd used a cheat for a second when I saw you run through the dog on level 3.

Only ever made it as far as the second or third screen of level 3 on this game. I just got frustrated with the thing and left it.

Thanks!, the second level is the hardest one, is a nightmare, but if you finish it then the game gets kind of easier. i will try Rick Dangerous 2 to see if i can make a good speedrun too :)

mr_lou

About video recording, I think you'd get the best result by using an emulator with built-in video recording functionality.

Or of course, the ultimate optimal result would come from recording from the real machine. (That's what I've done for 8-bit Memoirs). But this will require a capture card in your PC, or external hardware like the X-RGB Mini Framemeister combined with a standalone capture device.

Gryzor

Rick Dangerous in 15 minutes? Are you nuts mate? :D

I always loved the game and surprisingly I didn't find much difficult to finish, but a speedrun? Must see...

roudoudou

more important than the FPS, make a winape session to validate the record ;)
My pronouns are RASM and ACE