News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Hi from new wiki member

Started by Andrew Musson, 22:37, 06 July 18

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Musson

Hi my name is Andy, and I am a newish member to this wiki.

Back in the day I started off with a 464 then I upgraded to a 6128. Unfortunately I had to return it to where I bought it from as it had a fault. This was at the time when Amstrad pulled production of the classic CPC range, so I had to wait for 6128 plus to come out. I still have it to this day along with the monitor, although I think the disk drive would need a bit of TLC if I was ever to get it up and running again.

Recently I discovered the winAPE emulator and it has reawakened my interest of the CPC range of computers and the joy of typing in programs from magazines etc.

ComSoft6128

Welcome Andy,

Plenty of interest for you here, and plenty of people still passionate about the CPC.

Cheers,

Peter

CPC_Fan

Hello and welcome to the forum Andy.

Zoe Robinson

mr_lou

Welcome!

You're definitely in the right place.  :)

keith56

Welcome to the forum! glad to hear you've found your way back to the CPC!

I had a 464 with disk system... I never had a Plus back in the day, in fact no-one I knew had one!

WinApe's really good, and it makes programming in assembly really easy too!
Chibi Akumas: Comedy-Horror 8-bit Bullet Hell shooter!
Learn ARM, 8086, Z80, 6502 or 68000 with my tutorials: www.assemblytutorial.com
My Assembly programming book is available now on amazon!

VincentGR

Skunkfish

Hi Andy, welcome to the forums!

Glad that you held onto your Plus, hopefully you'll be able to get in up and running again like I did with mine after 15 years or so without use...
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

Andrew Musson

Thanks to everyone that welcomed me to this forum.

Gryzor

...and a belated welcome from me as well (which seems to always be the case these days)!