News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu
L

Howto unregister?

Started by LambdaMikel, 22:08, 08 November 18

Previous topic - Next topic

LambdaMikel

@Gryzor , I can't find the unregister button... is there such an option?

Zoe Robinson

No. You can log out any time you want but you can never leave.

Welcome to the Hotel CPCalifornia.

Widukind

Here on earth you can always leave the Hotels California: an exorcism and a full conversion does do the job. Only once in hell, you indeed can't leave anymore. For eternity.

Back on-topic. It's not my business, but as a relatively new CPCwiki user I'd like to ask LambdaMikel: why would you like to leave?

LambdaMikel

Mostly for time management... this board is highly addictive  ;D

AMSDOS

Quote from: LambdaMikel on 22:29, 09 November 18

You could ask @Gryzor nicely to block login, though there's nothing from stopping you from visiting as Guest, so deleting Links from your web browser is just as effective I think, since I have lost links to sites I visited, it's become an Out of sight, out of mind situation.

But it would be interesting to know if a forum could detect how much time you spend on it and simply apply some form of Time Management, so for example if you spend a certain amount of time on it each day, if it could clock you out after that specified time and not let you back in after a certain amount of time has elapsed, for example a day or a week or month perhaps.
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

tjohnson

Quote from: LambdaMikel on 22:29, 09 November 18

Don't do it!  Your contributions will be missed.  Can't offer advise on reducing online time, I spend far to much time aimlessly navigating the web.

LambdaMikel

Thanks guys, I appreciate this - I am not doing this to "fish for compliments" btw (seriously!!), it is really more about time managment. I am going to stay since I don't want to get banned, and that's the only option to leave, but I might just check in a bit less frequently. Anyhow. Thanks!

AMSDOS

Quote from: LambdaMikel on 03:20, 11 November 18
Thanks guys, I appreciate this - I am not doing this to "fish for compliments" btw (seriously!!), it is really more about time managment. I am going to stay since I don't want to get banned, and that's the only option to leave, but I might just check in a bit less frequently. Anyhow. Thanks!

I wasn't proposing a permanent ban, though more of a specified time limit, which you can do on the Log in screen, however that only Logs you out. If there was something on that screen which could prevent a person from Logging in again until a specified time, it should improve Time Management.
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3