News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Introduction - Hello everyone!

Started by skylas, 15:37, 15 March 18

Previous topic - Next topic

skylas

Hello everyone,

I am very happy to see that many people from all over the world are still dealing with Amstrad! Many thx for creating this forum!
I am from Heraklion, Greece, and I had in my childhood an Amstrad 6128. Unfortunately, disk belt was damaged, so i found another keyboard, but later it was damaged too. Some months ago, I tried to change it and i thought i had no chances in fixing it. Finally, i somehow fixed it!
Unfortunately i receive many <read fail>  errors, in about 1/3 of the discs and sometimes in some games only in the disc. The fact that these errors appear only in specific disks and in specific games in the discs maybe shows that the disks are damaged, not the belt, but I am not so sure that my repair was correct.
After fixing it, i was more interested in playing all games that i enjoyed in my childhood. I downoladed emulators, games, etc. And i remembered that in that old era, 20 years ago, when i was at about 15-17, i had managed to create 2 simple games, 1very very simple, and 1 very simple. I dont know anything about computer programming, and i also have no idea how to use all these engines for game programming. I just knew some basic commands in BASIC only. I tried to find the disks, but unfortunately i didn't manage to find them.
So, the only solution was to make these games again from the beginning! I remembered somehow the way i had made them, so i thought i could manage to make them again. After much work and many problems, and with the help of Amstrad books that i found again, i almost managed to make them again, and in a better way than in these old years!
Also, I would like to mention that what made my interest more active is that i saw that there is a competition of the university of Alicante every year for new games! Many thx for making this contest, it is very encouraging for us to have a goal in making a game – my goal is only to participate, but having a goal is very encouraging and makes creation easier! So, hopefully, you will see a game from me in the competition (if it will happen for 2018). I will give more details for the game when the competition is announced.

So, that's my story! Many thx to all for keeping this forum alive!
Web: https://amstradsakis.blogspot.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AmstradSakis
My programs (only BASIC):
RETRO-LOADSHEET!, PENALTY KICKS!, CAPITAL QUIZ!, CAPITAL QUIZ 2! (Reverse edition), HEADS OR TAILS (ΚΟΡΩΝΑ/ΓΡΑΜΜΑΤΑ), HEART CHASER 1,2,3!, BARBOUTI!, STROOPIE!, AMSTABOO!
TEXT ADVENTURES:
BUDRUMI!, ART WAR!, BATTLE OF LENINGRAD!, RODOLFO SKYLARRIENTE 1 and 2!

ComSoft6128

Skunkfish

An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

Arnold

Welcome . . . what or the best I managed to do was spaceships one at a time (and made of 3 special characters) starting from a random position at the top of the screen to quickly descend towards the bottom in a straight line and one needed to shot them before they would reach the bottom of the screen . . . so one had an X crosshair to aim controlled by the joystick the only problem was that once or while the crosshair was moving the spaceship stopped moving ;)

keith56

Welcome to the forum!

Great to hear you're still using, and enjoying, the amstrad!... well done for managing to write your programs again (It's amazing how quickly you remember how to program things isn't it!?)
Chibi Akumas: Comedy-Horror 8-bit Bullet Hell shooter!
Learn ARM, 8086, Z80, 6502 or 68000 with my tutorials: www.assemblytutorial.com
My Assembly programming book is available now on amazon!

skylas

Quote from: Arnold on 11:34, 12 April 18
Welcome . . . what or the best I managed to do was spaceships one at a time (and made of 3 special characters) starting from a random position at the top of the screen to quickly descend towards the bottom in a straight line and one needed to shot them before they would reach the bottom of the screen . . . so one had an X crosshair to aim controlled by the joystick the only problem was that once or while the crosshair was moving the spaceship stopped moving ;)

Thx! I also don't know if Basic can run at the same time two different lines, so the only i can think for solution is giving a specific reaction time for the player to decide to move the crosshair. But this is not the best solution
Quote from: keith56 on 12:00, 12 April 18
Welcome to the forum!

Great to hear you're still using, and enjoying, the amstrad!... well done for managing to write your programs again (It's amazing how quickly you remember how to program things isn't it!?)
Thx! Yes, it is really amazing! i needed to look many times in amstrad handbook, but i could remember the solutions on difficult points!
RETRO-LOADSHEET!, PENALTY KICKS!, CAPITAL QUIZ!, CAPITAL QUIZ 2! (Reverse edition), HEADS OR TAILS (ΚΟΡΩΝΑ/ΓΡΑΜΜΑΤΑ), HEART CHASER 1,2,3!, BARBOUTI!, STROOPIE!, AMSTABOO!
TEXT ADVENTURES:

johnno56

Welcome. I hope you enjoy your stay with us. Look forward to learning from each other...  ;D

J
May your journey be free of incident.

Live long and prosper.

mr_lou

Gryzor

Καλωσήρθες πατριώτη!

skylas

Quote from: Gryzor on 16:27, 15 April 18
Καλωσήρθες πατριώτη!

να σαι καλα, καλως σας βρηκα!
TEXT ADVENTURES: