News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Look what I just found... old magazines

Started by blackdalek, 05:07, 14 March 18

Previous topic - Next topic

blackdalek

I just came across this stack of long forgotten magazines in a storage box. Could be around 60-ish magazines including two Australian magazines - Computing with the Amstrad and The Amstrad User. There are also UK mags - Amstrad Action and Amstrad Computer User.

If there is a list somewhere of issues from these magazines which are missing from online archives, I could scan those issues in (if I have them).

I also found in this stack the Campursoft Desktop Environment System user manual.

Some pictures attached....

*EDIT: Having just looked through the CPCWiki archives of magazines, and comparing with my stack... it looks like the ONLY magazine I own which isn't already present on the wiki is Computing with the Amstrad September 86 (pictured below).
Shall I scan this issue and where do I send the scans to?
CPC6128 modded with ABBA switch. External 5.25" floppy drive with side switch and Multiface 2. Now also sporting a joystick splitter and M4 WiFi board.

blackdalek

By the looks of it, the bulk of them are Amstrad Action and The Amstrad User

Sadly, I didn't come across my 1985 Amsoft Catalogue :(
CPC6128 modded with ABBA switch. External 5.25" floppy drive with side switch and Multiface 2. Now also sporting a joystick splitter and M4 WiFi board.

Johnny Olsen

Quote from: blackdalek on 05:07, 14 March 18
Shall I scan this issue and where do I send the scans to?

Yes Please.  I do not know where to upload.

pelrun

Just upload the scans to the wiki alongside the other ones.

I also noticed that the remaining missing AU CWTA's are ones I know I have, so I'll dig them out and scan them next time I'm in their general vicinity.

Johnny Olsen

I can't find the scan, a link please

blackdalek

Quote from: Johnny Olsen on 15:48, 15 March 18
I can't find the scan, a link please

If you are referring to my copy of the magazine, I haven't had a chance to scan it in yet.

Johnny Olsen

Language confusion, I thought pelrun had uploaded his scan to the wiki.  :doh:

pelrun

Whoops, totally forgot about this. Time to set my phone up to do location-based reminders so I won't forget again (they're in a storage unit on the other side of the city from me, so I'm only there once every few months.)

radu14m

dionisisg

You are so lucky, i used to have a lot of mags back in the day (mainly greek releases suck as Pixel and User) but one day i got home back from school (i think i was 12) my mother decided that the 2 boxes i stored the mags were taking up too much room and threw them out, me & my brother were shocked and still to this day hold a "grudge" against her.

Gryzor

I have most of the Pixel issues, but it took me a looong time to find them...

dionisisg

Quote from: Gryzor on 12:55, 23 August 18
I have most of the Pixel issues, but it took me a looong time to find them...

let me guess, "Τα 8bit δεν πεθαίνουν ποτέ! / 8bits never die" column was your favorite?

Gryzor

Haha, no, "London Calling" was always the best for me :D