News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

New Member, Hi everybody !

Started by jpx13, 07:41, 23 April 17

Previous topic - Next topic

jpx13

Hello,

I'am a new member of CPC Wiki, but an old Amstrad user... I discovered those beasts when I was a teen in the eighties, in my local computer section.

I live in France, so excuse if sometimes my  English is a bit confused !

Now that I am 44, I just bought a clean Schneider CPC 464, expecting for the best.

When it arrived, I was happy like a child on Xmas day, but now realy disappointed becaus my new toy has issues...

Hope I would be able to fix that with your help.

Thank you,

JP

keith56

Welcome to the forum!

I see you've already posted a hardware question! there's a lot of clever people on here, who really know the hardware - so I'm sure someone will have some advice for you on your problem.

I hope you get the CPC working perfectly, and have lots of fun with it!
Chibi Akumas: Comedy-Horror 8-bit Bullet Hell shooter!
Learn ARM, 8086, Z80, 6502 or 68000 with my tutorials: www.assemblytutorial.com
My Assembly programming book is available now on amazon!

mr_lou

||C|-|E||

Welcome! It should be possible to fix you computer, don´t worry!  :)

CraigsBar

Calling @bryce lol!

Sent from my ONEPLUS 3t using Tapatalk

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

jpx13

Thank you for your kind words !

I hope you're right, and my CPC could be fixed !

Bryce already posted on my Hardware tread  ;D

JP

VincentGR

tjohnson

Hi and welcome back to Amstrad computing.  I got my first real taste for computing on the CPC when my dad bought a 464 in 1984, later he also bought a 6128.  I've recently returned myself and have to fix the machine I've bought, hopefully just a drive belt and clean.

Ygdrazil

jpx13

Hello,

Ygdrazil  tjohnson  VincentGR,  8) JP

Shaun M. Neary

I really should do more of these, lol!

Welcome aboard. You're in good company here, a lot of folks with both software and hardware technical know how (except me, I'm strictly in it for the games!  ;D ), there's tons of articles outside of the forum on the wiki to answer most questions on fixing the machine and the guys here are always good when it comes to Q&A, shout out to Bryce who's been uber helpful to me personally the last week or two.

So don't be a stranger, join the threads, your English is fine, I can understand it so that's good enough  ;) .
And enjoy your 464! Mine gave me many years of service during the 80s and 90s (I'm 41 now and ageing disgracefully!), and recently acquired a 6128 plus and the joys of add ons  :laugh:
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

AMSDOS

That's a shame your Schneider has issues, the one I've seen looked very well constructed, though haven't seen one internally.
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

jpx13

This forum is really friendly  8)

I will happily join the threads, probably as soon as my CPC will be back to life ! (or sooner if I need more help  ;D )

It seems my CPC has a ROM issue, so fixing it will involve soldering a new socket and an Eprom (which should arrive quickly from Bryce  :) )

JP

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: jpx13 on 18:53, 25 April 17

I will happily join the threads, probably as soon as my CPC will be back to life ! (or sooner if I need more help  ;D )

Hey, for as long as the hardware is dead, there's always emulators. No time needs to be wasted  ;D
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

jpx13

You're right !

I prefer using a real CPC, but I already installed Winape and tried several downloads ...

JP

||C|-|E||

Quote from: jpx13 on 18:15, 23 April 17
Thank you for your kind words !

I hope you're right, and my CPC could be fixed !

Bryce already posted on my Hardware tread  ;D

JP

Almost all the CPCs can be fixed besides the Plus range  :) Of course, the Plus can be fixed as well but it is really difficult because of the ASIC, that is not available anywhere unless you butcher some other machine. And the problem is that, even in this case, it would be really difficult to desolder it avoiding internal damage to the IC.