News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Retro Hardware Quiz.

Started by Bryce, 15:57, 23 November 19

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryce

Just got an extremely rare console in for repair. Here's the mainboard. Anyone care to guess what it is?

Bryce.

shifters74

Atari 2600 Jr?

gerald

No Idea except that's a PAL system !

deepfb

I guess this is not a Japanese system, since the sticker is in English. Epoch Cassette Vision PCB looks similar, but I am going to discard Japanese consoles.

It is neither from a Creativision, APF MP1000, Emerson Arcadia, nor a Coleco Gemini. It is not from Sears either. It does not look like the consoles from the US I have taken apart -I can't even remember an American console with a single-sided PCB.

So my guess is... it's something similar to the Interton, an Audiosonic 1292 compatible system. Is the CPU from Signetics?

There are so much systems marketed in Latin America and Europe, coming from Hong Kong or Taiwan, that I can't say something for sure 😅

Bryce

Quote from: gerald on 16:56, 23 November 19
No Idea except that's a PAL system !

Meh, the TEA1002 gives that away quite easily.

@deepfb: Not bad, extremely close. The CPU is a Signetics device.

Bryce.

gerald

Quote from: Bryce on 17:04, 23 November 19
Meh, the TEA1002 gives that away quite easily.

@deepfb: Not bad, extremely close. The CPU is a Signetics device.

Bryce.
Sure, the TEA in one of the only readable references  ;)
With the info onthe CPU and from the position of the power switch, the cartridge slot and what could be the 3 switches at the bottom, I bet on a Interton VC4000

Bryce

Winner.

Just finished repairing it and converting it to composite. It's such a heap of shite. Makes an Atari VCS look like a Nintendo Switch!

Bryce.

gerald

Quote from: Bryce on 17:18, 23 November 19
Winner.

Just finished repairing it and converting it to composite. It's such a heap of shite. Makes an Atari VCS look like a Nintendo Switch!

Not as shitty as that one :

Bryce

That's the Interton 3000 isn't it? Do you actually own one of them? (and Whyyy!!!????)

Bryce.

gerald

Quote from: Bryce on 17:50, 23 November 19
That's the Interton 3000 isn't it? Do you actually own one of them? (and Whyyy!!!? ??? )
Yes, it is !
I got it from a friend as he moved to the west coast.
He got it from one of his uncle at a time it was already considered as s....
I just can throw away such example of early gaming platform  :picard:

Bryce

True, I wouldn't throw it away either. Although, due to lack of space, I often sell such things on to people who have a real interest in collecting them.

Bryce.

||C|-|E||

Oh my, I found (I still have it) one of those so long ago in a flea market, I think it was in 2001. Terrible machine, but charming too...

GUNHED

http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

||C|-|E||

What I like about the system is that you can really program it and have quite a big variety of software, not like the earlier Magnavox Odyssey, where all the games were more of less the same  :) .

Bryce

Skunkfish

Quote from: GUNHED on 20:25, 03 December 19
They invented flappy bird...

https://youtu.be/w4H3Wyu88W0?t=301

Or they would have done if it wasn't a 2016 homebrew port  ;D
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)