Spanish Amstrad Users Club at RetroMadrid Fair '09

Started by deepfb, 19:28, 17 March 09

Previous topic - Next topic

deepfb

Some pictures taken last weekend:

Mikel KaosOverride rushing at GUA's stand, with his new 25th-Anniversary t-shirt

Óscar Mochilote and Raúl Artaburu

Spanish cartoonist Azpiri, signing copies of the new MSX & Spectrum game, "La Corona Encantada". Azpiri is the creator of Lorna and Mot characters, among others.

Lex Sparrow and RobCFG with César Astudillo, spanish music composer of most games by Topo Soft.

Artaburu, CPCmaniaco, MiguelSky and Nich Campbell

T-shirts and CDs for sale, free tapes and magazines, and tape/disk/cartridge dumping kit.

CPC T-Rex

And more images following this link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/12426986@N03/sets/72157615382341635/

Ygdrazil

Wow...

Wish I had been there!... They seem to have collected all possible CPC compatible computers! Even the KC Compact and the even more rare: Aleste 520EX (The weird Russian clone)..

http://cpcwiki.eu/index.php/Aleste_520EX

/Ygdrazil

Quote from: deepfb on 19:28, 17 March 09
Some pictures taken last weekend:

Mikel KaosOverride rushing at GUA's stand, with his new 25th-Anniversary t-shirt

%uFFFDscar Mochilote and Ra%uFFFDl Artaburu

Spanish cartoonist Azpiri, signing copies of the new MSX & Spectrum game, "La Corona Encantada". Azpiri is the creator of Lorna and Mot characters, among others.

Lex Sparrow and RobCFG with C%uFFFDsar Astudillo, spanish music composer of most games by Topo Soft.

Artaburu, CPCmaniaco, MiguelSky and Nich Campbell

T-shirts and CDs for sale, free tapes and magazines, and tape/disk/cartridge dumping kit.

CPC T-Rex

And more images following this link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/12426986@N03/sets/72157615382341635/

deepfb

They seem to have collected all possible CPC compatible computers!

Well, we showed these: Aleste 520EX, Amstrad CPC 472, Schneider CPC 464, French Amstrad CPC 6128 (white sticker), Spanish Amstrad CPC 464, Kc-Compact, Amstrad GX 4000, Spanish Amstrad CPC+ 6128, English Amstrad CPC 664. There were, also, connected to the computers, an AMX mouse, some Dk'Tronics memory expansions, and a Multiface II.
We decided not to show other models that we initially planned to be present in our stand, like French Amstrad CPC 664, Schneider CPC 6128, English Amstrad CPC 464 & 6128, Spanish Amstrad CPC+ 464, Spanish Schneider CPC 464 or Solavox CPC 6128.  It would have been a more comprehensive exhibition with them on the table, but it may be quite boring and less impressive for non-CPC users.

Gryzor

Looks lovely... gotta check the entire photo set. What about the mag that was going to be published??

Ygdrazil

Good point, and nice job in displaying those interesting CPC clones.. I agree, it might not be so interesting to non CPC freaks to see the variants of the Amstrad CPC  ;D But a complete display would have been pretty awsome.

I wonder. As I have never actually seen a Solavox CPC (I know the different names from the firmware), is the Solavox actually badgeed Solavox on the outside?

Picture would be great  ;)

/Ygdrazil

Quote from: deepfb on 01:35, 18 March 09

Well, we showed these: Aleste 520EX, Amstrad CPC 472, Schneider CPC 464, French Amstrad CPC 6128 (white sticker), Spanish Amstrad CPC 464, Kc-Compact, Amstrad GX 4000, Spanish Amstrad CPC+ 6128, English Amstrad CPC 664. There were, also, connected to the computers, an AMX mouse, some Dk'Tronics memory expansions, and a Multiface II.
We decided not to show other models that we initially planned to be present in our stand, like French Amstrad CPC 664, Schneider CPC 6128, English Amstrad CPC 464 & 6128, Spanish Amstrad CPC+ 464, Spanish Schneider CPC 464 or Solavox CPC 6128.  It would have been a more comprehensive exhibition with them on the table, but it may be quite boring and less impressive for non-CPC users.

deepfb

Issue #03 of 'Revista de Usuarios de Amstrad' can be downloaded from here:

http://www.amstrad.es/publicaciones/publicaciones/rua/index.html

I intended to translate to english my contribution (interview to Valery), but finally had no time... But I may try to translate some of the contents on request now.

Regarding Ygdrazil question:
If I'm not wrong (cngsoft is the owner of this computer, not me), the Solavox CPC 6128 is a Schneider CPC 6128 (metal inner-cover and centronics connectors) inside a standard Amstrad CPC 6128 case, with British keyboard and Solavox startup. No external Solavox logos or labels, nothing unusual but the sticker on the back, which reads:

Indescomp International U.S.A., inc.
1313 E. Westleigh Rd.
P.O.Box 592, Lake Forest Illinois 60045, U.S.A.
Manufactured: November 1985

Not "Amstrad USA", but "Indescomp USA". May it be another "secret" venture by Jose Luis Dominguez, not known by Amstrad UK...?
There are at least three known Solavox units on Spain, so it seems some of them were marketed here for any strange reason.

Ygdrazil

Interesting stuff!

Should have it own article in the WIKI, will get right to it  :D

/Ygdrazil

Quote from: deepfb on 09:00, 18 March 09
Issue #03 of 'Revista de Usuarios de Amstrad' can be downloaded from here:

http://www.amstrad.es/publicaciones/publicaciones/rua/index.html

I intended to translate to english my contribution (interview to Valery), but finally had no time... But I may try to translate some of the contents on request now.

Regarding Ygdrazil question:
If I'm not wrong (cngsoft is the owner of this computer, not me), the Solavox CPC 6128 is a Schneider CPC 6128 (metal inner-cover and centronics connectors) inside a standard Amstrad CPC 6128 case, with British keyboard and Solavox startup. No external Solavox logos or labels, nothing unusual but the sticker on the back, which reads:

Indescomp International U.S.A., inc.
1313 E. Westleigh Rd.
P.O.Box 592, Lake Forest Illinois 60045, U.S.A.
Manufactured: November 1985

Not "Amstrad USA", but "Indescomp USA". May it be another "secret" venture by Jose Luis Dominguez, not known by Amstrad UK...?
There are at least three known Solavox units on Spain, so it seems some of them were marketed here for any strange reason.

Gryzor

@Ygdrazil: ooh you're right, this is new info indeed :)

@deepfb: Hahaha it made me smile a huge grin when I saw the cover of Into Obilivion in the mag! :D :D :D This is great, Google Translate is our friend...

Btw, I had been told that there would be some printed issues, if so, can I buy one?

deepfb

Btw, I had been told that there would be some printed issues, if so, can I buy one?

Litos printed thirty copies, but we gave them for free during the fair. I think none of us kept any :-(
Anyway, they were printed with a standard colour printer from the .pdf file. They had nothing special :-)

Ygdrazil

Btw..

What is that cool looking box next to the Aleste 520EX?

Discdrive?

/Ygdrazil

Quote from: deepfb on 01:35, 18 March 09

deepfb

What is that cool looking box next to the Aleste 520EX?

Disk drive + power supply for the Aleste. Patisonic didn't provide them, so users hand-made both by themselves...