WH Smith Computer Games Promo Videos from 1988 (Multi format)

Started by ComSoft6128, 11:43, 19 November 18

Previous topic - Next topic

ComSoft6128

Three videos, don't think they have been seen before on the board.

Probably best to use 4K Video Downloader and watch them on the big screen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EdtZaOwnCM&list=PLFOS8QK3ma_XAgbuH8Ms7bVZLGYNpqxrf

Update:
Quite a lot of duplication on the second video (keep your finger on the FWD button) and avoid the 3rd video completely.

Dabz

Theres a huge dose of nostalgia mind! :D Thanks for sharing! ;)

Had to laugh when I saw the Peter Beardsley toeball game, as I worked on the Newcastle United Academy years ago, I was there plastering the thing, my brother was the foreman there... Anyway, we had a big visit coming up, Sir John Hall, Sir Bobby Robson and the rest of the big wigs from NUFC were coming for a visit... Anyway, we had to tidy the site up, so everyone was at it... The telescopic fork driver, he was asked to scrape the muddy ground around the site, as it had been pissing down, and generally, just remove crap.

Before they came, Peter Beardsley landed to see if everything was alright, and him and our young'un had a wander about, I was loading plasterboards from outside into the building, and I just heard this shouting... I looked, and there's Peter Beardsley waist deep in the ground, and our young'un trying to pull him out!!! :D :D :D

I ran over and tried to give him a hand to pull him out... While absolutely pissing myself with laughing, some more people came over, and we managed to get him out of the sludge, minus his wellys! :D :D :D

He took it in good jest like, it was hilarious... And how did he end up in this swamp, well Barry, the machine driver, when he scraped the site, he dumped all the squishy sloppy crap off the top into a trench that had services going into the building... And yep, Beardsley walked straight onto it! :D :D :D

That was a good day, and a fond memory! :D

Madcommodore

It's difficult to specifically search for this stuff unless you know it exists, thanks for posting!

Also for people who like this stuff look for the Chris Tarrant computer games video and also the two VHS promo magazines called Bulletin 1000 (all of which you can find upscaled to HD before upload versions on Youtube for maximum quality no worse than original AVI files.

newgen2005

Quote from: ComSoft6128 on 11:43, 19 November 18
Three videos, don't think they have been seen before on the board.

Probably best to use 4K Video Downloader and watch them on the big screen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EdtZaOwnCM&list=PLFOS8QK3ma_XAgbuH8Ms7bVZLGYNpqxrf

Update:
Quite a lot of duplication on the second video (keep your finger on the FWD button) and avoid the 3rd video completely.
Who is the voice over for these videos?

I remember that voice on a Neo Geo competition on a Warner Bros VHS (Showdown in Little Tokyo) in 1992/3.