L

Why is my profile / avatar showing CPC 464 Plus, and how can I change that?

Started by LambdaMikel, 16:53, 04 July 18

Previous topic - Next topic

LambdaMikel

Found no menu in the profile settings to change that. Where is that hidden in the board / profile config?

SRS

Membergroup - If a member has been assigned a primary membergroup, it is displayed. Otherwise, their post-based membergroup is displayed.
So, to change that :more posts. Way more posts :D

LambdaMikel

Well, thing is - I don't have a CPC 464 Plus.
@Gryzor , can you put me into CPC 464, CPC 664, CPC 6128 group please?
Thanks.

Gryzor

As SRS said, that's not an inventory indicator but a post-based group. Like beginner-intermediate-advanced etc you see on other fora. Couldn't even change it if I wanted to, unless I changed all the group names!

LambdaMikel

Quote from: Gryzor on 04:24, 05 July 18
As SRS said, that's not an inventory indicator but a post-based group. Like beginner-intermediate-advanced etc you see on other fora. Couldn't even change it if I wanted to, unless I changed all the group names!
Thanks, I got it now :-)

Gryzor

Cheers :)

By the way, here are the groups, according to posts number:

Speccy   0
CPC464   3
CPC664   50
CPC6128   150
464Plus   300
6128Plus   500

...so, yeah, you're nearly there ;)

Bryce

So what do I get for >10,000 posts? :) Can I have Alan Sugars private jet?

Bryce.

Gryzor

You can certainly *become* a jet, as per the label above your avatar but sadly, the wiki is fresh out of Jet stock.

SRS

lol
reminds me off my first class journey to england. some of us got to the "wendys" counter and ordered ... "I become a hamburger"
Which is quite 1:1 german to english translation, but somehow ... :) ... which also reminds me, i did not see that girl since 1988 ...

Bryce

Quote from: SRS on 19:58, 05 July 18
lol
reminds me off my first class journey to england. some of us got to the "wendys" counter and ordered ... "I become a hamburger"
Which is quite 1:1 german to english translation, but somehow ... :) ... which also reminds me, i did not see that girl since 1988 ...
One of my German engineers on his first trip to the UK ordered a "mirror egg" for breakfast :D
(Spiegelei = Fried egg - Translates to mirror egg)

Bryce.

Gryzor

Bryce

A fried egg, because I explained to the waitress what he was trying to say (after I stopped laughing).

Bryce.

Gryzor

I'd like to be there watching you explaining what a 'fried egg' is :D

Bryce

Gryzor

Zoe Robinson

"I become a minor egg" is now my favourite phrase of the day.  :laugh:

Bryce

Quote from: Zoe Robinson on 13:04, 06 July 18
"I become a minor egg" is now my favourite phrase of the day.  :laugh:
Mirror, not minor.

Bryce.

dragon

Quote from: Bryce on 07:52, 05 July 18
So what do I get for >10,000 posts? :) Can I have Alan Sugars private jet?

Bryce.

GX4000, and in 100.000 post you transform in amstrad mega pc. In 100000 the amstrad Emailer.

And finally, after go the end of time and are the last survivor of the forum you transform in the big secret of amstrad....

The red dwarf toaster, the doctor found and you  live eternally making toast for the doctor  in the tardis. But one day after you return to  1980 you transfer your mind to  alan sugar body and make the king of amstrad.

All is written.

Zoe Robinson

Quote from: BryceMirror, not minor.

Sadly that's not quite as funny to me. :(

mr_lou

After "CPC6128 Plus" there ought to be "CPC6512 Plus HD Wifi" and so forth...

Gryzor

mr_lou

Quote from: Gryzor on 18:08, 06 July 18
When one is released, I'll happily add it.
But don't we already have these machines? Expanded CPC's. Kinda feels like they deserve a spot in this day and age.

Gryzor

Yeah, except I call mine Jezebel. Welcome to the new group :D

Dabz

Just a quickie...

Speccy   0

^That proper tickled me mind! :D

Right, carry on...

Dabz