News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CPC 464 blue sceen problem

Started by Alexandre Rouma, 10:24, 29 July 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexandre Rouma

I also cleaned the board and remade all solder joints that looked bad.
The fitnessgram pacer test is a multi-stage arobic capacity test

Alexandre Rouma

Here is what I measure un the z80:

Alexandre Rouma

And, the gate array(IC116):

Bryce

I'm sure that's a good exercise to try out your new scope, but it doesn't really tell you much about what's wrong with your CPC. Try measuring pin 14 of each RAM IC and see what you get.

Bryce.

Alexandre Rouma

I get changing data, i'll upload a picture when I find my thumb drive ^_^

Alexandre Rouma

can't find my thumb drive :/

But, I get changing data on all ram chips I also measured there temperature and they are all under 30°C

Bryce

Then the RAM is probably fine. The CRTC and the 74LS153 chips would be the next thing to test.

Bryce.

Alexandre Rouma

Ok, i'll test that right now :)

Alexandre Rouma

I haven't tested the crtc yet, but the 74LS153 are working. My dad needs the televison right now, so I can test the video now that I redid all the solder joints...

ReCat

Apologizing for bumps (if that is sinful in this forum) but I just wanted to say that I find all the random "unnecessary" details Alexandre Rouma here posts pretty useful as i have a point of reference to compare all these signals to. I too have the a similar issue he has, recently got a CPC464 and it's original monitor both packed inside their original boxes with plastic bags and styrofoam!

Bryce

Hi and welcome ReCat,
      I would suggest that you start a new thread to discuss the issues you're having with your 464. To speed things up, you should post a picture of what the screen looks like on bootup in the first post.

Bryce.

ReCat

Hey, Thanks. I had a local ametur radio friend over who is very familiar with these, so I think we have diagnosed what it's problem is already. I may open another thread to document my experience still, though. Good idea.

Alexandre Rouma

So... I'm very sorry for being absent this much time :( I had SO much work from school. I'll try to continue the repair this week or during july and august.

Also, I was wondering if someone now what type of screms are used to hold the case together ?
The screws were in the back cover of the CPC but my father knocked it of a shelf  >:( ...

Anyway, have a nice day !