Small belt in the 464's cassette deck replacement

Started by Querubin, 13:08, 13 December 17

Previous topic - Next topic

Querubin

Hi,
Could anyone help me to find this kind of rubber belt?

Some plumber ones fit but are too smooth. Sanding a bit doesn't work.
Step by step

Vyper68

Hi
is this the belt for your tape counter? - i cannot make it out.
Paul Woakes - Genius & Programmer

Thank you for Mercenary Paul

Bryce

That's not a belt, it's the rubber "tyre" from the frictionwheel. You might be able to find a similar one from an old generic cassette player?

Bryce.

geeb

I was just going to buy a cheap set of 'o' rings off Ebay of varying sizes and rough one up and see how I get on.

scuzz

Bryce

It will need to have exactly the correct thickness or the speed will be wrong. It also needs to have squared edges otherwise it will wear down after a few weeks of use.

Bryce.

ZbyniuR

Just take a tape recorder and go to a store with electronic parts, or go to store for plumbers. :)
In STARS, TREK is better than WARS.

Querubin

Thanks all for your answers, specially Zbyniur. I didn't know the exactly name of this part. This pic is what I needed. With this a new one is now comming home.

One tip for plumbers rubbers. They are too solid to make the job. I tried a few of them.

I will let you know if finally my english tall keys 464 tape deck comes to life again.
Step by step

Querubin

Received from Australia a pair of tyres and I could say the cassette player works perfect. During all day loaded lot of games recorded on long tapes and no problem. I think the issue is solved.

Thanks again for your help.
Step by step