News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Vector Vault released in september 2016

Started by roudoudou, 20:26, 28 September 16

Previous topic - Next topic

roudoudou

(did not find a topic about this new game)

Hi there, there is a new game, very addictive and funny, only with lines, at 25fps

https://albertoven.com/2016/09/26/vector-vaults/

My pronouns are RASM and ACE

fgbrain

Its in the German section...from yesterday

http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/index.php?topic=12402.0

BTW game looks great!
_____

6128 (UK keyboard, Crtc type 0/2), 6128+ (UK keyboard), 3.5" and 5.25" drives, Reset switch and Digiblaster (selfmade), Inicron Romram box, Bryce Megaflash, SVideo & PS/2 mouse, , Magnum Lightgun, X-MEM, X4 Board, C4CPC, Multiface2 X4, RTC X4 and Gotek USB Floppy emulator.

||C|-|E||

Targhan

Played it a bit, the game itself is really good, the ship moves smoothly, it's a real pleasure!

Just one constructive remark (I hope) if I may: all the packaging around the game itself is... not the same quality: the introduction pictures are very ugly, the menus are sluggish.

More on the gameplay itself after I play it more!
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

Targhan

Went till the level 4 (but stopped only because I had to leave), really great and addictive game! The gameplay is flawless.

Great work!
Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

fano

"NOP" is the perfect program : short , fast and (known) bug free

Follow Easter Egg products on Facebook !

alex76gr

I still believe that i got my myopia from the green GT-65 monitor, but i can't prove it! :)

ervin

On his page, Albert describes his technique for clearing the screen 7 times faster than normal.
It's absolutely brilliant, and explains why the game is so smooth, despite being full-screen.

Targhan

Oh? I thought he only drew/erased what was required. It would have made the game run at 50hz!
Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

invent

Very nice,  can this technique be use for vertical games also?
Enjoying/Creating Retro Games

roudoudou

Quote from: invent on 13:38, 30 September 16
Very nice,  can this technique be use for vertical games also?

According to the game author, the only limitation is that you can only use two colors at the same time
As he is using a 16 color mode, the 14 others inks are blacked
So he has only to empty 1/7 of the screen each frame (that's completly different than being 7 times faster!!! Which is not the case)
It's a color trick

TFM

Quote from: ervin on 10:33, 30 September 16
On his page, Albert describes his technique for clearing the screen 7 times faster than normal.
It's absolutely brilliant, and explains why the game is so smooth, despite being full-screen.

Yes, 7 times more fast than erasing full 16 KB. But far not as fast as inteliigent cleaning of the screen. The author also states that his game is the first with pixel precise scrolling. Which is also wrong: First pixel precise game in MODE 0 was Burning Wheels, first game for MODE 1 was Cyber Huhn.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

ukmarkh

This guy is amazing! What a game, I'd pay for this on the APP Store...

roudoudou

Quote from: TFM on 16:02, 30 September 16

Yes, 7 times more fast than erasing full 16 KB. But far not as fast as inteliigent cleaning of the screen. The author also states that his game is the first with pixel precise scrolling. Which is also wrong: First pixel precise game in MODE 0 was Burning Wheels, first game for MODE 1 was Cyber Huhn.  :)

Intelligent cleaning need memory, intelligent cleaning need time, proportionnaly to the number of writes! His method takes the same time, disregarding the writes, that's a serious asset!

Rhino

It seems like a new application of color cycles. That's good because it is the result of crazy ideas and experiments which makes things evolve.

remax

Brain Radioactivity

remax

Quote from: Targhan on 09:59, 29 September 16
Just one constructive remark (I hope) if I may: all the packaging around the game itself is... not the same quality: the introduction pictures are very ugly, the menus are sluggish.

Well, as the game is quite minimalist, graphicly speaking, is it really a big deal ?
Brain Radioactivity

Xifos

TFM

Quote from: roudoudou on 12:24, 01 October 16

Intelligent cleaning need memory, intelligent cleaning need time, proportionnaly to the number of writes! His method takes the same time, disregarding the writes, that's a serious asset!

No, few time and few memory only. Therefore I got 50 fps and pixel precise scrolling done.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

TFM

Quote from: remax on 16:49, 01 October 16
Well, as the game is quite minimalist, graphicly speaking, is it really a big deal ?

It's smooth and beautiful.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

Targhan

QuoteWell, as the game is quite minimalist, graphicly speaking, is it really a big deal ?

Well, to me, yes, but you can disagree :) . Why make a great game and fail to wrap it with a great menu and nice intro gfx?

Trg.Aks
Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

TFM

But GFX and intro are nice! IMHO the totally fit!  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

Targhan

QuoteBut GFX and intro are nice! IMHO the totally fit!

No kidding? Once again I think the game is great, but in 2016 I expect more than these quick transfers without any retouch... Especially with all the great graphists our scene has! Minimalist design doesn't mean no design. The game is greatly designed. The rest is not.

Anyway, went till level 5 for now, very challenging. Level 4 was very, very tough. I wonder how many people will finish this game!

Trg.Aks
Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

TFM

Not everybody has a "full team" together. For example me, I've been very lucky that MacDeath and Tom&Jerry helped me with my last project, als GFX and Sound would suck!
TFM of FutureSoft

Targhan

Fair point. Too bad he didn't ask, then!
Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime