News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

8-bit battles the turrican series

Started by NewsBot, 09:00, 27 November 14

Previous topic - Next topic

NewsBot

8-bit battles the turrican series
27 November 2014, 8:46 am

8-bit battles compares turrican,turrican 2 and super turrican with versions from the amstrad,c64,spectrum and nes. ...YOU DECIDE WHAT VERSION IS THE BEST... TURRICAN Amstrad 0:20 c64 2:01...[/t][/t]
Time: 13:48More in Gaming

Source: Uploads by thesman32
This content has been fetched from a third-party page feed.

Gryzor

I love the way the CPC version looks, but of course the c64 version is smoother. As for the Speccy efforts... Can't help but admiring their ambition, but I couldn't hold my laughter :D

Hellraiser

Oh my God why on earth did they bother to do it for the mustard!!! :P

TFM

c64 version is terrible. IMHO not smooth and colors are bleached out. Speccy is ok for its hardware. CPC is best of course.

Now I will take a look at Trantor again  ;)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Puresox

C64 terrible? You have got to be kidding. Plays better on the real computer for one thing. I admit the CPC version is a really great effort , and surprised how well they did with it, considering the lack of care the software houses used to have with the CPC.
Unfortunately the CPC doesn't hold up as well as the C64 cos of the small playing area , and claustrophobic type scrolling . But on the whole can't complain imho.
As for the Spectrum , it's a darn good effort but it just looks laughable don't know how to describe it but very playschool drawingish. It sort of prevents you from immersing yourself in the game , as the colouring  just looks so odd. Not sure if going for the monochrome would have been a cooler idea for this type of game.
CPC wins for the looks
C64 wins for the larger playing area.
Great game anyhow.

TFM

You won't find two persons with identical opinion.  :laugh:  IMHO, sorry c64 looks bad to me, it's a question of personal taste. Never played on a real C64. I like the CPC version more, but it could have been made a bit better. Others may think different.  :) 

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus