News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

ChinnyVision: Buggy Boy

Started by chinnyhill10, 12:15, 08 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

chinnyhill10

Buggy Boy on the C64, CPC, Spectrum and Amiga:

ChinnyVision - Ep 58 - Buggy Boy - C64, CPC, Spectrum, Amiga - YouTube

Anyone know why the sprites on the CPC version are so ugly? Is it memory saving like with Ghosts and Goblins with just 4 colours per sprite in 16 colour mode?

EDIT: This post has been edited due to a Youtube update breaking the embedded video. So you you can either click on the link or scroll down to see where Gryzor has embedded the video for me. Thanks.
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Carnivius

Hm that is odd.  I defniitely had the correct link and it worked in preview but when it came to post it, it changed it to that devicesupport one.  Curious.

EDIT: replaced it with the url link seems fine.  Just can't seem to embed video.
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

chinnyhill10

Quote from: Carnivac on 13:34, 08 May 15

Hm that is odd.  I defniitely had the correct link and it worked in preview but when it came to post it, it changed it to that devicesupport one.  Curious.

EDIT: replaced it with the url link seems fine.  Just can't seem to embed video.

I wonder if Youtube have changed something. It's failed to auto embed at the ChinnyVision website as well.
--
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

chinnyhill10

--
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Carnivius

Bit worrying but I just checked my Smart TV's built-in Youtube app and my PS3's and they're still working fine for now.

Lookit all this chinnyvision on my PS3 likely cos I was testing the buggyboy video earlier. :P

Just noticed I'm reflected in the screen.  I should have put a shirt on but it's so damn warm in here today.
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

chinnyhill10

It appears only to be stuff uploaded this week that is impacted. I guess Youtube are phasing it with the newest videos.
--
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Carnivius

Just had a bunch of your videos play on my PS3 while I was busy on the laptop doing the tedious task of creating ebay listings.  Thanks for helping pass the time.

And damn the Switchblade one just makes me even more want to till do a remake of that game (as I have been wanting to for the past 20 years or so).  I love that game so much.  It has class.

Gryzor

Ahhhh fuck. New API means problems with older videos it would seem... yeah, I'll have to see if something can be done :(

Gryzor

Let's see...

Ah! It works!

It doesn't auto-parse and embed the video, instead it requires you to use the YouTube button above the full editor and insert the relevant tag. I'll post detailed instructions soon...

chinnyhill10

Quote from: Gryzor on 18:00, 08 May 15

Ah! It works!

It doesn't auto-parse and embed the video, instead it requires you to use the YouTube button above the full editor and insert the relevant tag. I'll post detailed instructions soon...

Thanks. Hope the authors of the plugin I use on the ChinnyVision website can find a fix soon as well!
--
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Gryzor

Yeah... unfortunately the plugin I was using for auto-embedding is so old it has actually been withdrawn from circulation :D

chinnyhill10

Quote from: Gryzor on 18:31, 08 May 15
Yeah... unfortunately the plugin I was using for auto-embedding is so old it has actually been withdrawn from circulation :D

My one is only 6 months old so I'm hoping they fix it.

So back to Buggy Boy. Anyone know why the sprites are 4 colour?
--
chinnyhill10 - YouTube