News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Metr's vids - Robin Amstrad cpc HD Comentado

Started by NewsBot, 06:00, 19 April 13

Previous topic - Next topic

NewsBot

Robin Amstrad cpc HD Comentado
19 April 2013, 4:18 am

Recorrido completo por el Robin para Amstrad CPC Indescomp (1986) Gracias a los chicos de Amstrad ESP nos llega este juego, hasta ahora sin preservar, bastan...[/t][/t]
Time: 11:59More in Gaming

Source: Uploads by Metr81
This content has been fetched from a third-party page feed.

Puresox

Wow never heard or seen this game before!Not listed on CPC power either unless in different language?

Metr

It was just preserved by the spanish amstrad forum people.
One of the first games Syx played and remember, and he was looking for it for almost three years. Not so much people knew about this game. Last Retromadrid, he even asked Paco Suarez (the programmer) about it.
Finally someone found it and got preserved.
It's a rather important game as it's one of the last games of Indescomp (it was the 'spanish Amsoft').
It's one of the evidences Indescomp stopped making own software and games to sell cpc's, and focused in just selling cpc's and would change name to Amstrad Spain.
Former programmer team, etc, had to move on and it seems they released this game through Microbyte, and later they will form Opera Soft, one of the greatest companies in Spain (Abadia del Crimen, Goody, Mot, Mutan Zone, Sol Negro..).
You can see graphics here like the eagles that appear later on Livingstone Supongo from Opera, or the skeletons between others graphics, that share a lot of Indescomp/Opera Soft games. Carlos Diaz did a great job with graphics in both companies and became rather good :)

SyX

Yes, it's a wonderful story, with a happy ending thanks to pinace and Cpcmaniaco.

'Robin' is the Holy Grail of the spanish software for CPC for a lot of reasons. Beside 'Fumiga', it's the "miss link" between Indescomp (Amsoft Spain) and Opera Soft.

But for me, it was much more, it was one of the first games that i got in my CPC in 1986, it came in a tape with a lot more games that i only had during a weekend and never saw again since then. Three years ago, i asked to people in forums and retromeetings about it, but nobody remembered it. At least, Paco Suárez, the developer confirmed us the game existed, but imagine the situation, 27 years later, the chances of finding a lost game, that it looks that only i played, were practically zero... until a few weeks ago, now i believe in miracles :)

TomEtJerry

Hi,

That's so incredible to discover twenty five years after the birth of the CPC new "old" games like this one ! It looks nice, even if the gameplay seems to be a little bit always the same. Where can we download this game ?

T&J/GPA

Gryzor

Oh, nice story, and a new game too! Let me watch the vid... is there a download link?

[EDIT] heheheh nice little early title... the sprite is quite funny :)

SyX

Quote from: TomEtJerry on 15:13, 20 April 13
Hi,

That's so incredible to discover twenty five years after the birth of the CPC new "old" games like this one ! It looks nice, even if the gameplay seems to be a little bit always the same. Where can we download this game ?

T&J/GPA
I though that Metr put the link in his video, but you can get the game here.

steve

I need xyphoe to make an English video as I do not speak Spanish. :o

Metr

The story basically: Robin gets in the castle of the town's lord to rescue his lady, and having the situation he's entering the castle, he must take the jewels inside (those are the instructions you can find in the manual). When you finish the game you will realize there's no lady to rescue, and it seems an excuse to get all the jewels in the castle. There are 40 of them.
When you pick a jewel, you become temporary inmune to everything, you can realize by the flashing red/orange on the "vidas (lives)" below the screen, if you pick some of them at the same time, you increase that time a little, but if it becomes blue you are mortal again ;D
There's a melody when you pick 10 of them. I just make the longplay as easy as I could, taking all the jewels fast and passing by the screens with a path that's rather easy to follow so you don't get lost.
If you lose a sword battle, you get jailed (I suggest to restart if that happens), but you can get out of the jail just going top-right of the screen using the hidden wall. Always guard yourself with your sword on those battles and try to make fast movements like forward+forward or backwards+forwards and maybe you'll win those battles (it's easy to lose them also).
Try to enter all the screens by the part I'm entering because it's easier to get the enemies where you can kill them, sometimes you'll find you can't kill them easy in any other part.
And that's all I say on the video I think. That and the Indescomp/Opera Soft story ^^

Cholo

Really nice to hear you found your old game again. Looks really "old school" hard for a amstrad game as well :)