News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Xyphoe's Vids - [AMSTRAD CPC] Amstrad Tennis Games : AZ

Started by NewsBot, 19:42, 02 July 11

Previous topic - Next topic

NewsBot

[AMSTRAD CPC] Amstrad Tennis Games : AZ
1 July 2011, 10:41 pm

Anyone for Tennis? C'mon it is Wimbledon time!! Well lets check out ALL the commerically released tennis games on the Amstrad going alphabetically from AZ! Adidas Championship Tie Break - Ocean cpc-power.com Centre Court - Amsoft cpc-power.com International 3D Tennis - Palace cpc-power.com International Tennis - Zeppelin cpc-power.com Lawn Tennis (Grand Prix Tennis) - Mastertronic cpc-power.com Match Point - Psion / Hit Squad cpc-power.com Passing Shot - Image Works cpc-power.com Pro Tennis Simulator - Codemasters cpc-power.com Pro Tennis Tour (Great Courts) - UBI Soft cpc-power.com Pro Tennis Tour (Great Courts) GX4000 - UBI Soft cpc-power.com Professional Tennis Simulator - Dinamic cpc-power.com Tennis 3D - Loriciels cpc-power.com Tennis Cup - Loriciels cpc-power.com Tennis Cup II GX4000 - Loriciels cpc-power.com Tie Break - Sprites cpc-power.com (apologies for some pops and clicks in the commentary track)
Time: 37:04More in Gaming

Source: Uploads by Xyphoe

This content has been fetched from a third-party page feed.

sigh

The zepplin game "International Tennis" looked like the best of the bunch to me as they got the camera angle of the court just right. The angle looks very much like todays tennis games, making it far easier to play if your at the top of the screen than the others.

Xyphoe

Quote from: sigh on 02:21, 03 July 11
The zepplin game "International Tennis" looked like the best of the bunch to me as they got the camera angle of the court just right. The angle looks very much like todays tennis games, making it far easier to play if your at the top of the screen than the others.

Agreed!
I'm still playing it now actually - something important I missed out about this game is that it has a fab doubles mode, that works reasonably well even in 1 player :)

Oh and damn... someone pointed out I missed a tennis game ->

Emilio Sanchez Vicario Grand Slam
http://cpc-power.com/index.php?page=detail&num=803

Which is pretty sweet! So I'll do a 'bonus' video for this and any others I missed...

Actually yes....

Are there any other tennis games I've missed anyone?

MacDeath

QuoteEmilio Sanchez Vicario Grand Slam
Good use of mode1 and ditherings.

redbox

Great fun, your video was more entertaining than Wimbledon!  :)

Gryzor

Thanks for the vid, very entertaining :)

Lawn Tennis actually looks very cute! Then i saw Passing Shot - I had this, what a piece of shite...

Pro Tennis Tour looks amazing!!!

Btw, please please do something about the low sound volume...

TomEtJerry

Hello,

Tie Break (Sprites) and Tennis 3D (Loriciels) have been coded by the same author. The second one is just an update of the first game (Sprites has crashed soon after the launch of this game and the programmer has probably proposed his game to Loriciels).

The only tennis game I have played with a long time is Match point ! Hard to master but very fun. I didn't know Dinamic and Zepplin games, I will try them :-)

T&J/GPA

AMSDOS

Sadly I haven't played any of the Tennis games on the Amstrad (except Centre Court)  :( 

But...

Spoiler: ShowHide

...on my Atari 2600 I've got this Tennis game Activision did which is so simple, it's Brillant. The game itself I think is only 2k in size. It only gives you one set, and the graphics are simple (as most 2600 games are), though the playability of it is perfect and the difficulty of the Computer player is also spot on - it has two difficulty levels I think, and you can also play against a human player.

It maybe simple in many regards, though in this case, I think making it simple has allow them to produce something which is fun to play.

When I look at the Tennis games on the CPC, some of them I feel are doing too much with additional features or extra angles. I had a go at Centre Court a couple of months ago though, but the playability of it didn't really excite me and only ended up throwing it away with Frustration!  :(  If there's any Tennis games on the Amstrad which standout I'd probably give it to Pro Tennis Tour by UBI Soft, though I remember AA only gave it an average 72% or something in AA53, which makes me wonder what's wrong with it!  :o
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

Xyphoe

Quote from: Gryzor on 18:38, 08 July 11
Btw, please please do something about the low sound volume...

I know mate not much I can do about that unless I switch from WinApe as the emulator - the audio it records is done so too high so I have to reduce the volume so it doesn't clip/distort. I think Richard's on the case with this.

Gryzor

Ah ok then. It sounds fine on my desktop PC, with its active speakers and all, but on my netbook there's only so much I can do to listen to them (namely: volume at 100%, turn the TV off).

MacDeath

A good aspect is that GX4000 managed to get 2 decent Tennis games...
Both had quite a good almost 16 bit styled deepthness... and graphix.

And both French... ;)

Tennis cup has the best graphics IMO...
Almost as good as an Atari ST version... (just wider pixels yet... and split screen is sweet.

Gameplay wise I don't know, I can't really compare, only have Tennis Cup2 ATM...

But i used to have Great Court on my PC Dos 286 EGA... and it was good...

Xyphoe

I think Pro Tennis Tour just looks that bit better than TC2, it's almost 16-bit standard in graphics!! The animation is great!

Shame about the gameplay though!

And why on earth does TC2 force you to use the second joystick port to play??? It means I can't play it through emulation :(