News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Metr's vids - Balloonacy Amstrad cpc HD

Started by NewsBot, 16:30, 31 January 11

Previous topic - Next topic

NewsBot

Balloonacy Amstrad cpc HD
31 January 2011, 2:06 pm

Recorrido completo por el Balloonacy para Amstrad CPC
Time: 09:47More in Gaming

Source: Uploads by Metr81

This content has been fetched from a third-party page feed.

arnoldemu

Hmmm.. I don't remember the music sounding that bad on a real cpc  :laugh:

I actually converted the music from the c64. It was made with DMC on c64, and I played it using AMC on the CPC.
Of course I couldn't simulate the c64's waveforms so it came out much flatter, and bugged it seems  :laugh:
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Metr

The emulator sound is not so good, I moved from WinAPE to CPCE because it sounds better but prolly on a real cpc the sounds gets a lot better.
Anyways the intro music sounds kinda catchy and fun :)

Metr

I heard you released a previous version with level selector just for testing after the final release.
Ever considered making a Balloonacy II with new levels and maybe a time attack mode/record table after the end using that feature? That would increase the durability and the fun  :)

Xyphoe

Quote from: arnoldemu on 17:00, 31 January 11
Hmmm.. I don't remember the music sounding that bad on a real cpc  :laugh:

I actually converted the music from the c64. It was made with DMC on c64, and I played it using AMC on the CPC.
Of course I couldn't simulate the c64's waveforms so it came out much flatter, and bugged it seems  :laugh:

I'm 95% certain thats been recorded in WinApe - it records the audio WAY to loud. Take the AVI done and put it into some sound editing software that will allow you to see the waveform and you'll go "WTF!". It's going well beyond peaking and therefore you get that nasty distortion and disruption in sound - quite common you'll find in a lot of Amstrad vids on YouTube and it drives me nuts!

You simply have to reduce the volume, as simple as that, and then re-encode.
Pain in the arse though. I don't like the other emulators for recording video generally tho :(

Interestingly WinApe does give you a sound volume level in its settings, but makes no difference when recording the  vid.

Metr

That's not the case this time, I recorded it in CPCE.
Maybe it's the reverse situation, I had to increase the computer volume to hear this one because I usually play the games at minimun volume and couldn't hear the music.
I like more WinAPE, but there was a great difference comparing Antiriad music on WinAPE for example than CPCE (CPCE plays more 'cpc like' the music and if you do the try you'll see), seems like a there's a lack of notes (not volume) in WinAPE.
You are right about the volume problem also, that happened in some of my videos also (like my Hundra video, the video sounds so bad but the distortion problem appears when you upload the video to youtube (local mode is playing good). I solved that problem also lowering the sound quality by editing or normalizing in other videos (I was lazy to reupload or redo the Hundra video).

PS: I mean the audio in the video sounds like in the audio in CPCE emulator so it's not the problem here. Also the bad quality in youtube videos is usually due to the postprocessing of youtube:
http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/youtube/thread?tid=7292d69ec3bc321e&hl=en

arnoldemu

Quote from: Metr on 01:33, 01 February 11
I heard you released a previous version with level selector just for testing after the final release.
Ever considered making a Balloonacy II with new levels and maybe a time attack mode/record table after the end using that feature? That would increase the durability and the fun  :)
I'll ask Richard Bayliss if I can convert his balloonacy 2... I've learnt a lot more since I did the last one, so this time I could add some extra nice bits including a possible time attack mode.
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource