News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Amstrad NC100 / NC150 / NC200

Started by Nilquader, 00:32, 31 August 10

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Welcome mate!

Unfortunately there's not an NC community to talk about... But it's always great to get new incentives to dig into something. So please do share your experiences and findings with the machine, I'm sure others will follow :)

Now, also do get an NC200. I adored my NC100 till I laid my hands on one... ;)

Cosi

Quote from: Gryzor on 08:17, 22 September 11
So please do share your experiences and findings with the machine, I'm sure others will follow :)
I will. I have activated Portfolio users a bit, so I hope I'll succeed with the NC :)

Now, also do get an NC200. I adored my NC100 till I laid my hands on one... ;)
That would be a hard mission. In Poland NC's are extremely rare (in fact all Amstrads are rare, but that's another story) and I don't buy at eBay. But well... never say never ;)
I bet it would be a pearl in my collection.

Gryzor

Thanks, I always found thee were great little machines with very little attention given to them...

As for finding a NC200, yeah - if it weren't for eBay I wouldn't have ever seen one (100 or 200) in real life :( Who knows, maybe someone here has one to offer - you can try placing an ad.

steve

Quote from: Gryzor on 08:17, 22 September 11

Unfortunately there's not an NC community to talk about... But it's always great to get new incentives to dig into something. So please do share your experiences and findings with the machine, I'm sure others will follow :)

Perhaps giving the NC series their own category on this forum would help to create a community that would expand knowledge of the machines and create new software for them.

Gryzor

Quote from: steve on 11:43, 22 September 11
Perhaps giving the NC series their own category on this forum would help to create a community that would expand knowledge of the machines and create new software for them.

That was a good idea. I'll do it.

Oh, wait, how did it end up here? :D

Ygdrazil

Oi, The PDA600 is missing there  :)

/Ygdrazil

Gryzor

I *knew* I was forgetting something!!

Nilquader

Quote from: redbox on 21:15, 21 September 11
Oooh, it does Protext documents too.  Nice find.  :)

I've extended the RTF converter some months ago, added german umlaut support and compiled a Win32 binary to get long file name support. But unfortunately Tim didn't publish it yet... If you're interested, write me a message!

--
Nilquader of SPRING
http://www.nilquader.net/

zeropolis79

I picked up an NC200 last year from the car boot sale for £2. It came with manual, power pack and protective cover and it works. Good machine.

Gryzor

£2? You b@st@rd....

Can I offer you £6? Think about it, 200% profit...

Optimus

I am thinking to get one just right now. They are 20 pounds or less.
The question is, how easy is to transfer/do stuff/save data on them. What extra hardware you use and how easy to find?
Can I just compile and run a raw z80 binary? Does it have amsdos or something else?
I am thinking to try code something for it, even something very simple, just fill the videoram with graphics or something.

Nilquader

You could transfer raw binaries via serial port using XMODEM and the internal terminal application, then load the file to memory and CALL it using BASIC.  All you need is a nullmodem cable and a terminal program on the PC.
--
Nilquader of SPRING
http://www.nilquader.net/