Sending/receiving a file from notepad to PC with wifi

Started by genesis8, 21:19, 30 March 19

Previous topic - Next topic

genesis8

Hello,

I am using a notepad 150 or 200 with the retro wifi.

I installed synchronet on my windows PC, but each time as the sysop I arrive on menu or with a new user when I must present myself, the terminal program enter a never ending bip loop with the Notepad 200.

Any reason why it does that ?

No bip loop with the notepad 150 though.

Well if I start an upload on synchronet, type function S and menu to send a file with xmodem, it disconnects the synchronet session.

I dont have a null modem cable at the moment, any other way to send a file to my PC ?

genesis8

I bought a serial to USB and null modem cable, with teraterm I can see what I type on NC150 to the PC and PC to NC150, but xmodem transfer is greyed, and couldnt use ymodem too.

What program are you using to transfer files ?

I used the NC150 at a work meeting, got big eyes but anyway even without xmodem or ymodem, I just used the capture feature to get my file as ascii.

But for sending ZCN I really need the binary transfer to work.

genesis8

Well a bit better, with extraputty I can send a file with xmodem from PC to Notepad (same with NC150 or NC200), but not from notepad to PC o.O ?

robcfg

genesis8

Quote from: robcfg on 06:50, 05 April 19
Maybe you could try this: http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/NC_Series#Third-party_software_for_the_NC_Series

As it's an msdos program, it can be used on a 32bit windows only, at home I am on 64bit, I can do it at work though.

I downloaded SecureCRT and I could send a file with xmodem from Notepad to PC (which I couldnt do with extraputty) but I cant send from PC to Notepad (which I can do with extraputty)...

So two programs for both directions o.O

If the windows Notepad emulator could use a serial port, it would be easy to send from/to emulated to real one, no more the need for another program.