AY8930 interface for Amstrad PCW

Started by fano, 07:54, 06 May 14

Previous topic - Next topic

fano

"NOP" is the perfect program : short , fast and (known) bug free

Follow Easter Egg products on Facebook !

Munchausen

This is awesome news, I've been wanting one of these for a while, and this even has some extras! Now I will just need a serial interface :)

fano

I'd like to test CPC/mini booster on PCW, just need to make a bus adaptator.I am not sure it would be compatible but that can be interesting (to communicate with PC or CPC via bluetooth <3 )

Munchausen

Are the busses compatible? If so this would be a cool idea.

BTW one thing I forgot to mention - the new AY PCW board from Pulkomandy does have a joystick interface too :)

TotO

Yes, as it's the Habi design. See more information on this topic:
New DK'Tronics clone for PCW
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

TFM

Quote from: fano on 08:26, 07 May 14
I'd like to test CPC/mini booster on PCW, just need to make a bus adaptator.I am not sure it would be compatible but that can be interesting (to communicate with PC or CPC via bluetooth <3 )

That's not that easy. The Bluetooth works in Slave mode, so you can only connect to a PC (Master).

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

fano

Quote from: TFM on 17:07, 07 May 14

That's not that easy. The Bluetooth works in Slave mode, so you can only connect to a PC (Master).
Nope, all depends used module, HC-06 only works in slave mode where HC-05 can be slave or master.I made tests with both , it is possible to use theses modules to connect CPC/PCW without PC.

TFM

These are good news Fano.  :)  Thanks for testing. Maybe you also can post a link to such a "master" bluetooth module. (I only found slave modules).
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

fano

Maybe not the cheapest but this is an example : Serial HC 05 Wireless Bluetooth Transceiver Host Slave Integration CP06011 H24 |

It must be a HC-05 module (AT commands differs from slave only HC-06 modules) , theses modules owns generaly 6 pins (there is a "KEY" pin used to enter in command mode that is usefull to scan for pairable devices)

MacDeath

what about a Thomson MO/TO dual AY card too ?  ;D

Please TotO, this is a humanitarian mission...