Looking for two formatted 3.5" PCW disks

Started by ComSoft6128, 12:40, 28 December 18

Previous topic - Next topic

ComSoft6128

Hi,

I need a small favour.
Finally the CPC's here have all been repaired and are now equipped with Parados and  3.5" B drives. I'm looking at testing DES + Parados to see if that combination can read files from PCW disks. I know that DES + Romdos works and assume that Parados will as well but with no way (the PCW here died 15 years ago) to create PCW disks I'm stuck.
What I'm looking for is two formatted/verified disks with a few text files stored on them to check that this is possible. I will of course pay for the disks (£1 each?) and the postage.

Can anyone help?

Cheers,

Peter

GeoffB17

Hello Peter,

I've got a few formatted 3.5" disks available, for the PCW.   I don't have my 3.5" drive attached just now, as I've got the uIDE!!

I'll gladly send you a couple, if you could PM your address.   I got the disks years ago from my brother, so no payment required.

I'll put something on - any preferences?

Geoff

ComSoft6128

Thanks Geoff,

Much appreciated.
I want to see if I can still transfer files between the two machines, so any files from 1K to 30K would be fine.

Peter

ComSoft6128

Tested Sunday - works fine  :)

Thanks Geoff.

DES + Parados recognises PCW format disks and can display files from them  - I have included a few (poor quality) photos to show this. Unfortunately I couldn't copy files from the disks to the CPC but this was due to a Rombox problem that hopefully should be fixed in the near future.