Electric Studio Mouse - Software?

Started by Dan Dooré, 18:52, 26 January 19

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan Dooré

I've just acquired an Electric Studio Mouse interface for the PCW but no mouse and no software...
Looking at the interfaces guts it looks like it takes a standard quadrature mouse but with a bespoke pinout so I have hooked up an assembly to let me plug an Atari ST mouse in and play with the pinout a bit.
I've identified the 0v, 5v and what would be the three mouse button inputs and what would be the X1/X2/Y1/Y2 inputs and so I hooked it up and took a punt to see it it used ports 0xA0 to 0xA7 by doing PRINT INP(value) under Mallard basic and I can see data coming back on 0xA6, so it is mostly working.
What I need now is a piece of software to actually test it with, is there anything out there as a DSK that either came with the interface or can I get something like Symbos to use it?

tjohnson

Dan Dooré

Quote from: tjohnson on 19:48, 26 January 19
stop press?
Cheers, I'll see if I can find a copy but that's an AMX title so not sure it will recognise the ES mouse as they use different ports to read but I'll give it a crack.

Dan Dooré

Ok, we have a winner ;D

Master Paint supports AMX and Electric Studio mouse, downloadable from http://www.habisoft.com/pcwwiki/

Thanks Habi!

Dan Dooré

In case anyone is interested, here is the converter pin-out from the Electric Studio Mouse to an Atari ST mouse, using a DB-9 female to DB-9 male

View of socket from computer/interface side:
-------------
\ 1 2 3 4 5 /
  \ 6 7 8 9 /
   ---------

Electric              Atari
Studio                ST
Pin       Action      Pin

1 -       Left      - 6
2 -       Middle    - 5
3 -       Right     - 9
4 -       X1        - 2