Hey, take look at this. Two new GX4000 in original boxes for sale.

Started by twox, 16:02, 29 October 14

Previous topic - Next topic

twox

This isn't my auction, but i thinked that you would be interested in it.
Amstrad GX4000 - wersja BOX - FABRYCZNIE NOWY!!! (4726581439) - Allegro.pl -
GX4000 +  2 pads + game + AC + literature.
299,95 złotych polskich (zł) = 71 EUR.

Bryce

I wonder where they are all coming from? There's also a guy in the UK selling them (possibly the same guy), who has already sold 72 of them and says he still has more than ten left over? : Amstrad GX 4000 Game Console 1990 RETRO / VINTAGE + Burnin Rubber - NEW | eBay

Bryce.

CraigsBar

Yeah, I have even considered getting one if those. 42" pang party in the lounge.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Dr Tiger Ninestein

I'm also very tempted to get one. How come they come with a 2 pin plug? Will it just be a case of buying a new power supply to use it here in the uk?

Bryce

Just buy one of those travel adapters, the voltage etc is all correct. I assume they were destined for export to France or something.

Bryce.

CraigsBar

Quote from: Bryce on 16:41, 29 October 14
Just buy one of those travel adapters, the voltage etc is all correct. I assume they were destined for export to France or something.

Bryce.
if they have a trailing lead... Cut the cable and put a plug on it.

twox

I think they arent the same guy, because guy on allegro is called szabencja, and guy from ebay is tez1168.

Dr Tiger Ninestein

Quote from: twox on 16:55, 29 October 14
I think they arent the same guy, because guy on allegro is called szabencja, and guy from ebay is tez1168.

The strange thing is that tez1168 has the same console listed in three different auctions, one at £38.99, one at £39.99 and one at £41.99.

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

chinnyhill10

For god sake, DON'T use the original Amstrad adaptor. They were crap at the time and lord knows what 20 years of ageing will have done to them.

I had THREE adaptors fail on me. One of them took took a GX4000 with it (went back under warranty). They are crap bought in by Amstrad.

Get a decent modern switched mode 5v or 12v supply from somewhere like RS. Don't mess around with travel adaptors and the one of the worst PSU's known to man.
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Dr Tiger Ninestein

Anyone think there's any chance of any new old stock cpc plus machines ever turning up?

TFM

Yes, there is a chance. But not higher than for consoles...
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

dragon

Oh, is ridiculus, He sell spain consoles,but if you want one to spain yo have to paid 30 libres in shippng cost, because he only send to ups :S.

48e the console and 38e the shippement cost. Im sure royal mail signed is a lot more cheaper.

Dr Tiger Ninestein

I've just purchased one but I probably should have first looked into the availability and price of games :(

Bryce please make me a gx4000 everdrive cart that I can use to play all the gx4000 games and all cpc games with ;)

CraigsBar

I have several games already. And 3 plus machines so a gx4000 to allow me to play these in the lounge makes sense-ish.

Dr Tiger Ninestein

3 plus machines, I'm jealous. That's what I'm really after, a 464 plus.

CraigsBar

Quote from: Robo on 17:23, 30 October 14
3 plus machines, I'm jealous. That's what I'm really after, a 464 plus.
the 464plus was my most recent addition. It is currently on its way back from Bryce with disc interface and ram expansion.

Bryce

CraigsBar

Quote from: Bryce on 22:31, 30 October 14
Hasn't arrived yet?

Bryce.
I think it *might have come today... I'll go pick it up at the Post office on Saturday morning, before heading to Dublin for a coffee with you LOL!!

Typical but it means I can put it back together on Saturday evening

* I also have some inline 8 pin DIN sockets and this http://www.redspotgames.com/shop/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=34 coming in the post this week (hopefully)

Bryce

I sent other stuff to Ireland and the UK on the same day, and they all arrived today, so I suspect it's the PCB.

Bryce.

Dr Tiger Ninestein

Quote from: chinnyhill10 on 19:23, 29 October 14

Get a decent modern switched mode 5v or 12v supply from somewhere like RS. Don't mess around with travel adaptors and the one of the worst PSU's known to man.

Will I be able to get one that fits the socket on the rear of the console?

chinnyhill10

Easily. Both connectors are perfectly standard. Just don't shove 12v up the 5v socket.
--
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Dr Tiger Ninestein

Just got my new old stock Gx4000 today. Any chance you can point me in the right direction for a 3rd party psu? I did check the rs website but couldn't seem to find anything that looked right.

Cheers

chinnyhill10

Quote from: Robo on 22:39, 05 November 14
Just got my new old stock Gx4000 today. Any chance you can point me in the right direction for a 3rd party psu? I did check the rs website but couldn't seem to find anything that looked right.

Cheers

Disclaimer: Please double check connector size and polarity:

If the GX4000's 5v input is the same requirement as a standard CPC, then this is what I use for my 6128 where it powers the main unit + an HxC with plenty to spare!

Buy Plug In Power Supply Power Supply,UK,Plug In,ErP,5V,4A,20W RS ECP-20-5U

If you require a different connector size then this one does the trick (I have one of these for my Speccy and Elk)

Buy Plug In Power Supply Power Supply,Switch Mode,ErP,3-12V,1.5A Ansmann 5311123

Second one is a safer bet although once you have the right connector polarity and have set the voltage I suggest superglueing the interchangeable connector tip on to avoid any mistakes in the future.

Supplying 5v is safer as 5v into the 12v port won't cause any harm, but 12v into 5v port will. Learnt that one the hard way!

I own both supplies and they are high quality and are worth the premium over, often dangerous, Ebay supplies.
--
chinnyhill10 - YouTube