News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

PCW Mouse Adapter...

Started by cj7hawk, 17:19, 11 February 22

Previous topic - Next topic

cj7hawk

Hi All,
I've recently found a PCW Mouse Adapter, and have desoldered the chips so that the circuit can be traced. 

Some pics to share. ( The composite of both shows where the tracks go, but is a little hard to follow. I'll make up a proper PCB for it later ).

Prodatron

Is this the AMX one? I have this as well, one is broken now, still have to test the spare one.

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

cj7hawk

I believe so. I never got the mouse with it, just this thing was attached to the back end of the computer.
But it's a very simple circuit with just a few common parts, so would be quite easy to fix. It has the same pinouts as the CMX, but lacks anything much written other than very faint letters inside the case saying
"PACE MICRO TECHNOLOGIES" and "AMX PCX"
RegardsDavid.

tjohnson

I've got one of these and the mouse too, most try it.

Prodatron

It's indeed the AMX.Here is the model no of the mouse. I didn't know, that they were already produced by Logitech.

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

zzarko

Some time ago I have obtained a similar interface, with mouse:

https://collection.onceuponabyte.org/ident/IFC-0041
https://collection.onceuponabyte.org/ident/MSE-0018

This is all currently at a friend's house, so I cannot make any pictures right now, but when I pickup all my stuff that is stored there in a couple of months, I can make photographs. Mouse seems to me the same as other AMX mice (I have CPC and BBC versions, haven't opened this one yet), same connector. Mu PCW has centronics connector at the back, not edge, so I was not able to test the interface when it arrived. Does anyone know is making a centronics-edge converter a straight-forward thing?
464,664,6128,6128+,NC150,NC200,Joyce512,PPC512, PenPad, www.oncuponabyte.org

danhans42

Quote from: Prodatron on 12:04, 12 February 22It's indeed the AMX.Here is the model no of the mouse. I didn't know, that they were already produced by Logitech.

I'm sure from memory the Acorn A3000s we had in high school used the same mouse, at least the same actual casing. Not sure if they were different internally. 

I have one of these mice and two interfaces. Really need to get around to testing it