News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Amstrad CPC 16KBs ROM Game Development Competition!

Started by SyX, 20:31, 01 January 13

Previous topic - Next topic

fano

"NOP" is the perfect program : short , fast and (known) bug free

Follow Easter Egg products on Facebook !

Gryzor

:)

As I said, let's hope more contribute. I know devs are not doing this for the prizes, but it's a little extra motivation...

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Gryzor

Changed the photos on the wiki page. Now includes a low-profile microSD adapter for the Pi; this means the SD card doesn't protrude at all from the board - very neat!

Gryzor

Here's the snippet from RG :)

[attachimg=1]

TFM

Homebrew.... never should have asked my roommate what this is.... it was at least 180 proof  :P
Happy composing, painting, coding and weekend all together. :) :) :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

TFM

One question here... Who will decide which game wins? How will this be done? Can someone please tell some more?
TFM of FutureSoft

Gryzor

Quote from: TFM/FS on 21:01, 19 March 13
One question here... Who will decide which game wins? How will this be done? Can someone please tell some more?

Each €10 buys you one vote. Since you're a supporter, you're already ahead :D

Also:
The games would be rated by public votes during the next two weeks after the deadline and the results will appear at 00:00 GMT on the 16th July of 2013.

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft

SyX

Well, it will be related to the number of games presented, the public will send a mail with their X favourite games sorted and we'll assigned scores in function of the position. But all the details will be revealed in the competition page after the deadline :)

Gryzor

I'd say it'd be better to build an online form instead of doing it through email? Though we would have to find a way to avoid double votes/cheating (if we're concerned about that).

TotO

Quote from: Gryzor on 08:05, 20 March 13
I'd say it'd be better to build an online form instead of doing it through email? Though we would have to find a way to avoid double votes/cheating (if we're concerned about that).
Add a form linked to the user account.
A the user can update his choice up to the last time.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Bryce

Quote from: Gryzor on 21:05, 19 March 13
Each €10 buys you one vote. Since you're a supporter, you're already ahead :D

I'll be selling my vote on ebay. Hoping to get about €50 for it. :D

Bryce.

SyX

The form is less problematic and the idea of updating the choices is really nice. Because for giving two weeks for voting, we want that everybody can take his time for playing and enjoying them :)

But it's important that people outside the CPC Wiki can vote too, because we open the competition to all the CPC scene :)

With respect to cheaters, i hope that there is nobody so pathetic to f@ck the competition with those tactics, because that, something so simply as saving the ip or similar low level security check should be enough.

In other related things, i want to everybody meets  :D "THE MACHINE" :D (courtesy of Cpcmaniaco during Retro Madrid):
[attachimg=1]
All the entries will be tested in it  ;D ( * ) and in case of malfunction, i'll return your entries to be fixed before the deadline with the best bug report that i can give you. All the complains, swearing and bribes can be redirected to THE_MACHINE at SyX.Home  :P

* And in my 6128s of course, remember the entry need to be compatible with all the CPC family.

PD: I will offline during easter, but after my return i'll contact with all the registered participants to make an update in the entries status when we are reaching the middle point of the competition.

arnoldemu

"THE MACHINE" is beautiful....................

do I get extra votes for saying that??????
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

TFM

Seriously....
1. Voting should be as easy as possible and as open as possible

2. Cheating IS a topic! Please make it really bulletproof!!!
TFM of FutureSoft

Gryzor

Tying the votes with CPCwiki accounts would mean limiting the thing to our membership, which is not good. True, you can now just log into the forum with whatever social media account you may have (I like that - anyone noticed it?), but still not ideal. I bet there are many services, like PollSnack | Online survey software, web poll & questionnaire tool that can do the trick and allow you to incorporate the form in your site, so we don't have to do any watching.

The MACHINE is gorgeous. I must take my 464 out of the closet...

Gryzor

SyX

Quote from: arnoldemu on 18:55, 20 March 13
"THE MACHINE" is beautiful....................

do I get extra votes for saying that? ??? ??
Quote from: Gryzor on 20:53, 20 March 13
The MACHINE is gorgeous. I must take my 464 out of the closet...
THE MACHINE is happy!!!  ;D ... but it loves more great games than great words  :P

The 464 and its colourful keyboard is so pretty :)

Bryce

Quote from: SyX on 22:38, 20 March 13
THE MACHINE is happy!!!  ;D ... but it loves more great games than great words  :P

The 464 and its colourful keyboard is so pretty :)

The MACHINE has a MegaFlash :)

Bryce.

Gryzor

Gryzor

Also, this thread is now the third most-liked thread ever. If this post gets 74 likes it'll be #1 :D

TotO

Quote from: Gryzor on 23:24, 20 March 13
Also, this thread is now the third most-liked thread ever. If this post gets 74 likes it'll be #1 :D
That will be a shame!  ::)
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

SyX

Quote from: Bryce on 23:06, 20 March 13The MACHINE has a MegaFlash :)
Of course, THE MACHINE only wants the best hardware ;) ... "jajejijoju jajejijoju", Professor Mauriarty dixit :P

ralferoo

Personally, I'd favour tying the voting to CPC wiki registration for a couple of reasons...

• Using an external survey system is possibly an over elaborate system for "which game did you like?" and possibly quite expensive too.
  • Using an external survey tends to anonymize the results, so it's harder to detect cheating.
  • If anyone can take part, cheating is easy. Even if you need a unique e-mail address per vote, I could for instance enter as many times as I like as my domain name has a catch all that sends mail to any address to me.
  • We'd get more people signed up to the wiki and perhaps joining our community as a result.