News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Amstrad CPC 16KBs ROM Game Development Competition!

Started by SyX, 20:31, 01 January 13

Previous topic - Next topic

TFM

You can not seriously make all non-wiki-account owners to outsiders, that would erase more than 50% of the CPC users (especially in countries in the west/south).  >:(

However, it would definitely bring me a lot of more votes, because Kangaroo and Pentagon can't vote 500 times agianst me  :laugh: :P
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Gryzor

Well,

-an 'external' system would actually be incorporated to our server, you wouldn't need to go someplace else. Also, it's free. Regarding "over elaborate", unfortunately the forum software is not quite up to the task: it can create polls, but not surveys; the difference being, in a poll you get one question only, whereas we need several. So, short of having multiple polls (rather silly) we'd have to find a way to create surveys here (well, I can look into it).
-true.
-those systems do incorporate anti-cheating methods, but indeed 'security' would probably be tighter here.
-true, but then again you'd also have fewer people voting.

But I do like the fact that anyone can sign in with a social medium account here, this makes it easier for non-members to drop by...

TotO

I don't see where is the problem... There is enough peoples here for voting.
If others want, they can register too. It's more easy to manage.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Gryzor

Yeah... I'm inclined to think that, too.

Ok, I did a dirty mod and started a test survey here: Survey test for ROM compo

Not pretty (it's going to be a long, long page with all those entries), but seems to work.

Bryce

robcfg

Clearly, Game Z is the rage right now!  :P

Axelay

Quote from: robcfg on 13:55, 22 March 13
Clearly, Game Z is the rage right now!  :P

Well, it is the only one that exists, that I can see?  ;)

Bryce

Gryzor

SyX

We are only two months away of the deadline, i have send an email to all the participants registered (and publishing here for the people is not registered yet, come on!!! ;) ) for they can confirm if their entries go ahead in the competition, although a lot want to maintain the surprise until the end, i hope that we get at least the genre of their entries and we lost a few '? ? ?' in the compo page :)

A fun thing, we are "famous" in India, because we have received a few emails from there asking to participate in the compo... but they want to send windows games, buuuuu  :P

I hope we have more news during the next days :)

... and we need more CPC hindi games  ;D

Gryzor

Hahaha priceless! I wonder how many CPCs (NOT owned by imperial troops) had been sold in India...

SyX

A few update about the compo, there are a few entries that have been canceled... a few ones even have not answered yet to the email of april... maybe they are scared of THE MACHINE :P

But not everything are bad news, a few hours ago i have tested two entries in THE MACHINE, one of them is a surprise entry from a team not registered in the competition and i'm sure that everybody will love more good surprises like this :)

I'll update the compo page when i have permission from the authors :) , but for now you can see THE MACHINE working hard in the two entries a few minutes ago ;)
[attachimg=1][attachimg=2]
PS: The bad quality in the photos is correct, no spoilers!!! :P

Gryzor

So how many entries are confirmed for the voting? :)

beaker

Looking at the photos I'm suddenly getting nostalgic for the N64 with its vaseline-O-vision (tm).

TotO

Quote from: Gryzor on 11:37, 09 June 13
So how many entries are confirmed for the voting? :)
Go to the dedicated Wiki page to see ; One new entry was revealed today! ;)
An nice addictive and polished game, w/o doubt.

OVERKOBAN (Painful mind game)

Code: Tom & Jerry / GPA
Graphics: Supersly / Les sucres en morceaux
Additional graphics: Eldrik / GPA (Einstein sprite)
Music: Tom & Jerry / GPA

[attachimg=1] [attachimg=2]

3 weeks left for sending your productions to SyX / THE MACHINE.  8)
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

GOB

Supersly ne t'a pas filé la palette ou c'est juste qu'il a fait un truc affreux ?

TotO

Quote from: GOB on 12:25, 09 June 13
Supersly ne t'a pas filé la palette ou c'est juste qu'il a fait un truc affreux ?
It look nice on a real CTM. 3 weeks left in all cases... 16K with a nice content...

fano

"NOP" is the perfect program : short , fast and (known) bug free

Follow Easter Egg products on Facebook !

arnoldemu

Really nice to see this preview! Really nicely done.

I am not sure I will have my 3d game ready in time. This is sad for me.

If I miss the deadline, it will still be a 16kb rom game but released after.

I work on the game in my lunch break at work. Many things are working... all the features I planned will be in it.

Well let's see still some days to go, and just like modern games, there will be some "crunch" time ;)

My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

TotO

Quote from: arnoldemu on 14:25, 09 June 13
Really nice to see this preview! Really nicely done.
I am not sure I will have my 3d game ready in time. This is sad for me.
If I miss the deadline, it will still be a 16kb rom game but released after.
I work on the game in my lunch break at work. Many things are working... all the features I planned will be in it.
Well let's see still some days to go, and just like modern games, there will be some "crunch" time ;)
I though it's possible to save the others lunch times w/o eating during 15 days, if you drink... But 3 weeks...
Warrior, needs food badly!
Warrior, you are about to die!
:D

rexbeng

I'm happy to say that our game is finished! :D

rb

Gryzor

Devilmarkus

Quote from: SyX on 19:47, 08 June 13
PS: The bad quality in the photos is correct, no spoilers!!! :P

I see them crystal-clear... What bad quality do you mean?
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

SyX

Quote from: GOB on 12:25, 09 June 13Supersly ne t'a pas filé la palette ou c'est juste qu'il a fait un truc affreux ?
I forgot to comment this, the game is designed to be enjoyed in a real machine, simply like that.

And i'm not the most cpc purist, but those graphics can not be fully appreciated in an emulator (maybe projects like this will help to improve the tv filters emulation at last)... and i can say that it's not the only entry that changes a lot between seen in emulators or in CPC with a good old CRT :)

Bryce

Does it use overscan or CRTC tricks? If not, it should look fine on the S-Video Modulator too.

Bryce.