News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Amstrad CPC 16KBs ROM Game Development Competition!

Started by SyX, 20:31, 01 January 13

Previous topic - Next topic

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Bryce

Ok, I've just started coding my very first game. But only because I want the "Dinner with Gryzors Girlfriend" Prize. :D
I didn't know that was one of the prizes.

Bryce.

Devilmarkus

Gryzor's wife also didnt know about this prize.
But she's ok with the idea.

So she'll have more time to spend with her husband, while his girlfriend goes out for a dinner ;)

Dunno, if Gryzor is ok, too... We better ask him first :D
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

TFM

Hey, nobody told which girlfriend is the one...
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

cpcitor

Quote from: steve on 19:19, 21 June 13
I would imagine that anyone writing programs for the CPC is not doing it for gain but as a hobby or for the challenge, they will be following their own schedule and no amount of prizes is going to make them hurry up and finish the program, it will be ready when it is ready, if not this year then next (maybe).

I feel it like this and even better: the real motivation for most of us is the feeling that we belong to a loosely knit group of passionate people about our old machines. The mere fact to know that a compo exists today and people do code to release something on that old platforms brings back the feeling. Participants participate for that feeling.

Of course, prizes are good, because you get a physical object representing membership to the group and the feeling. But IMHO they don't need to be expensive or whatever, just somehow typical.
Had a CPC since 1985, currently software dev professional, including embedded systems.

I made in 2013 the first CPC cross-dev environment that auto-installs C compiler and tools: cpc-dev-tool-chain: a portable toolchain for C/ASM development targetting CPC, later forked into CPCTelera.

TotO

Pryce or not price, the most important was to do something for this contest and be proud about that.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Bryce

TotO

"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Devilmarkus

steve

TFM

Can't wait too see the entries getting released....  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

arnoldemu

My game will definitely *not* be ready in time - making a line drawn game in 3d is taking longer than I expected.

Too much to debug and fix.

So, I will show a preview next week - I will need some help from others to test a couple of things.
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Devilmarkus

SyX

Less a day for reaching the deadline!!!  :D :D :D

The entries will be made available before the end of the monday, with the details for send your votes, of course :)

TFM

Quote from: arnoldemu on 22:21, 29 June 13
My game will definitely *not* be ready in time - making a line drawn game in 3d is taking longer than I expected.
Really sorry to hear  :(  Well, yes 3D space is a bit tricky.  ... And they managed to put Starglider in 64 KB!!!
TFM of FutureSoft

arnoldemu

Quote from: Devilmarkus on 22:25, 29 June 13
I'm here... ;)

What shall I test?  8)
I need people to test the 3d mode with the glasses. I have red-cyan but there are others including green-magenta , does anyone have the other glasses who can check it works correctly? I also need somebody to verify the analogue joystick on plus works for them too and the second digital joystick on Cpc.

My game has already highlighted some things to fix in my emulator which I have also fixed. My fault for trying some extra things ;)
My games. My Games

Axelay

Quote from: arnoldemu on 22:21, 29 June 13

Too much to debug and fix.

So, I will show a preview next week - I will need some help from others to test a couple of things.

I'm sorry to hear this too.   :(  I've been very much looking forward to seeing what everyone else has put together since I finished our entry....  Almost time now!  :)

Gryzor

Hey guys, sorry I missed the continuation of the thread. Just had a talk with Mrs Gryzor, she's flattered and rather ok with the whole thing. She's also rooting for Bryce because of something she said along the lines of "ohhh it's so beautiful in Dublin". But anyhow, please take her away someone, when my MiT FPGA arrives.

That said, can't wait to play what few entries we have :)

TFM

Quote from: arnoldemu on 09:40, 30 June 13
I need people to test the 3d mode with the glasses. I have red-cyan but there are others including green-magenta , does anyone have the other glasses who can check it works correctly?
Interesting. I had the idea of using 3D glasses a long itme ago (red + green). What kept me of doing that is that you can not get the same kind of glasses that easily for anybody (imho).

Now, here my question: Where can we buy the kind of glasses needed for your game?
TFM of FutureSoft

arnoldemu

Quote from: TFM/FS on 18:49, 30 June 13
Interesting. I had the idea of using 3D glasses a long itme ago (red + green). What kept me of doing that is that you can not get the same kind of glasses that easily for anybody (imho).

Now, here my question: Where can we buy the kind of glasses needed for your game?
Red green is also supported by my game. There are five different glasses supported. But I don't have these to test it is correct.
My games. My Games

TFM

Recently I checked the new moder 3D glasses (I got for Tron Legacy), they seem definitely not to work with the CPC (didn't check the Plus though). It's great that you support five kinds!!! That leaves a fair chance to get the glasses.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

TMR

i don't know if the glasses they supply will be any good for the CPC in particular, but i've had some 3D glasses from this company in the past...?

Gryzor

DX.com has (or had) several types of 3D glasses at dirt-cheap prices...

cpcitor

The fact that colour-based 3D glasses work or not is a matter of physical display device able to display colors that are sufficiently separated by glasses filters.

In other words, testing with an emulator on a PC screen, or even a real CPC plugged to an anachronistic display (say, LCD or Plasma TV) won't tell if it would work well on a real CPC with original display.

Yet I can tell that it won't work on GT-65 green screen monitor. Wow, what an impressive prediction ;-)
Had a CPC since 1985, currently software dev professional, including embedded systems.

I made in 2013 the first CPC cross-dev environment that auto-installs C compiler and tools: cpc-dev-tool-chain: a portable toolchain for C/ASM development targetting CPC, later forked into CPCTelera.

Gryzor

Not even with the new green-green 3D glasses?