News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Amtix 4k ,High Definition scanning underway

Started by Mort, 11:17, 07 September 17

Previous topic - Next topic

Mort

Hi Guys,
                 Got an expensive haul on ebay of 17 issues of Amtix , I am now pushing through the scanning at breakneck speed, done 4 issues last night and got 4 scanners running so might get them all done by the end of the weekend!  Still need to find 17 and a better issue 4 (has the page with the waterloo review cut out due to the back issue coupon being on the other side  and 7 that  has some water damage but is ok just not great condition.  If anyone can sell ,lend or scan

Oh and have Issue 0 scanned .

Find them in the usual place ,look under user zzapmort on the internet archive and type amtix or use the link below:

https://archive.org/download/AmtixHi00

:D

ervin

BRILLIANT!!!

Thanks so much for taking the effort to do this.
I know what a massive effort high-quality scanning is.

Amtix was my favourite mag back in the day, so I'm very excited to check this out!
8)

Mort

Thanks Ervin ,
                   Issues 0-8  are now done so should be more up by the end of the weekend.

I have already done ZZap and Crash so Amtix had to be done , the holy Trinity  :D

ervin

Quote from: Mort on 12:07, 08 September 17
Thanks Ervin ,
                   Issues 0-8  are now done so should be more up by the end of the weekend.

I have already done ZZap and Crash so Amtix had to be done , the holy Trinity  :D

Yes, I saw Zzap and Crash uploaded as well.
Might check those out too.
My poor bandwidth!  :laugh:

tjohnson

Those are some big files!

I ran one of the pages through my OCR software, converted it down from 13.9MB to 386KB, not too much loss of quality, a little but not a lot as Paul Daniels once said.  It did a reasonable job of reading the text despite the pattern background.

Mort

Hi Guys,
[/size]
[/size]As promised finished the last issue last night so all the issues as I have them are done , Still need to find a better issue 4   as it has a coupon for back issues missing , got a spare issue 1,3 and 18
[/size]
[/size]Find them in the usual place ,look under user zzapmort on the internet archive and type amtix or use the link below:
[/size]ow:https://archive.org/download/AmtixHi00

erm what next ....

jesusdelmas

Gryzor

Damn! Thanks so much for this!!

Leeching away - thanks for offering them. I'm going to add the torrent to my seedbox for everyone to get instead of hammering the server :)

chinnyhill10

--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Mort

Thanks for your feedback. Might get round me to doing amstrad action soon :)

Gryzor