News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Anyone going to Revival?

Started by BluesBrothers, 09:17, 09 July 14

Previous topic - Next topic

BluesBrothers

Anyone here going to Revival next month

http://www.revivalretroevents.com/

I'll have a stall there and would love it if some of the Wiki crowd could come and say hiya

Trebmint

Unfortunately not. Why do all these things seem to be up north?

CanonMan

Up north? Wolverhampton is in the Midlands isn't it?  :laugh:

I'll be there on the Sunday, BTW.

BluesBrothers

I certainly would call it "Up North" :laugh:

Bryce

I think you'll find that the direction North is relative to the person who said it. :)

Bryce.

Trebmint

I understand people think Wolverhampton is central etc, but who the hell wants to go to Wolverhampton? Do this sort of thing in London, at least there's 10000's of something else to do after you've looked at some games.

BluesBrothers

'Tis very true - Wise words indeed  ;)

Still there is some country north of Watford Gap worth visiting :laugh:

I think the probelm with hosting this sort of thing in London is the expense. Venues outside the captial are undoubtedly cheaper as is accomodation and other costs generally.

Trebmint

I don't think all venues are that expensive in London as there are literally so many to choose from. Nobody is expecting Earls Court, and there are many funky trendy ones that cost a fortune... likewise there are many that aren't so posh and pretty cheap, but also aren't as tacky as Woverhampton Race Course. I can taste that chicken in a basket now!

And I have no doubt there are things worth visiting up norf, but none of those things are in Wolverhampton

BluesBrothers

rofl fair comment. Can't honestly say I've been to Wolverhampton before but I'll take your word for it.

Doubt I'll get to see much outside of the show and possibly the bar at my mates house so I'll just need an interprter for the Brummy accents

Trebmint

Quote from: BluesBrothers on 13:49, 09 July 14
rofl fair comment. Can't honestly say I've been to Wolverhampton before but I'll take your word for it.

Doubt I'll get to see much outside of the show and possibly the bar at my mates house so I'll just need an interprter for the Brummy accents
Hope you're not selling all those plus carts/boards to the unsuspecting brummies
Oh and I see in the news today http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-28216118 It doesnt mention Wolverhampton at all? ??? ? Strange that

Carnivius

When I finally get driving (I hope to pass my test on August 4th) I will actually be able to get out of this town whenever I like (well..when I find myself a cheap car) and I can then attend some of these things.  I've never been to any.  I did attend a couple Future Entertainment shows when I was a kid but that was back when all these Retro things were brand new! 
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

Munchausen

Wolverhampton is far enough from me that I can't justify the petrol costs. It would be good if some of these events were further south though, as I can simply never go to them when they are that far away. Somewhere like Reading would work well (still be quite far for me, but doable).

Doubtless if it was moved southwards a lot of other people would complain anyway though...  ???

Trebmint

Quote from: Munchausen on 15:22, 09 July 14
Doubtless if it was moved southwards a lot of other people would complain anyway though...  ???
Yes, but nobody that mattered! :P

Neil79

The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

beaker

No, I hear it's a wicked, Godless Country  :laugh:

kelp7

Being in Devon, it's a bit tricky. Really wish there was something down here or nearby!

BluesBrothers

Oh man you live in Devon how do you expect me to have any sympathy when I live in sunny Manchester - the rain capital of the UK ::) .

:laugh:

No seriously it'd be good to see someone there,..... anyone.......? :(

beaker

Quote from: BluesBrothers on 23:18, 09 July 14
Oh man you live in Devon how do you expect me to have any sympathy when I live in sunny Manchester - the rain capital of the UK ::) .

I laugh at your tiny amounts of rainfall   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Manchester average annual rainfall is 806.6 millimetres
Limerick records an average of 977 millimetres

EgoTrip

It not that far from me but I dunno if I can handle being in a building with smelly sweaty nerds. So I think I'll give it a miss.

Neil79

Quote from: EgoTrip on 00:19, 10 July 14
It not that far from me but I dunno if I can handle being in a building with smelly sweaty nerds. So I think I'll give it a miss.

You could always dress up in a sexy cosplay outfit and get all the nerds excited

( Then quickly buy up all the goods )

:laugh:
The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

BluesBrothers

Beginning to wish I hadn't asked now. Can someone pass me the dunces hat at point to which corner you'd like me to sit it :(

Lazy Dude

Quote from: BluesBrothers on 08:54, 10 July 14
Beginning to wish I hadn't asked now. Can someone pass me the dunces hat at point to which corner you'd like me to sit it :(

next best thing - It'd be really nice if you could do a post event report on here, stick some pictures up & generally let us know what we are all missing out on. I for one would like to go but would need to book time off work/ get day release from the asylum well in advance

CPC_Fan

I would possible be interested in going. However I think that the date clashes with something that I have already arranged to do with my dad.

Macc

I'll be there!

Regarding the location, at least its easy to get to if you live anywhere near a junction of the M6, if it was in London there would be no way I would go, its a nightmare of a city to drive in, mind you, thinking about it, Wolverhamptons ring rd, if you dont know it, will take you anywhere other than the place you want to go!  Dont believe the signs, they lie!

TMR

i'm going to be there again with around four machines... no CPC again, we've got a lot of other kit to get into the car!