News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Birth of a new website : Homebrew.AmstradToday

Started by iXien, 23:15, 30 January 14

Previous topic - Next topic

iXien

Hello everybody,

I wanted to inform you of the birth of a new website : Homebrew.AT

Mom (uh, me in this case) is tired but doing well!

Homebrew.AmstradToday will offer regularly new tests and reports dedicated to indie games on CPC. Many titles are produced each year. The objective is to test and extract substantial marrow in few lines! But far from simply follow the news, we return on games published in the past, whether recognized or remained in the shadows.

The main idea of this website was born from the desire to offer a space 100% dedicated to independent games on CPC and highlighted them so that they are no longer embedded in the mass of the commercial productions. For each test, the website offers a standardized and numbered cover that you can print and slip into a 3" disc box to protect your favorite games. The set is a collection of packaging using a homogeneous design. A way to pay tribute to this profusion living on CPC and to those enthusiasts who feed the legend!

All the website is available in English. But I'm French and I'm sure I made a lot of mistake translating all these text Translate from the language of Molière to the one of Shakespeare. Please feel free to send me mails to help me to improve the English content of the website.

The creation of this website and its launch contents took me over a year and a half, I hope you will enjoy it.
http://homebrew.amstradtoday.com, the only website dedicated to CPC homebrew games.

ralferoo

Nice. I've only looked at A-B so far and realised I'd missed most of the games!  :o

Looks good so far! :)

Only criticism is that whilst the screenshots are the "correct" size, it'd be nice if they were scaled x2 or x3 so that those of us with poor eyesight could see them easily!  ;) x2 might work well as then it'd be easy to have mode 2 screenshots in too...

robcfg

iXien, congratulations on your new site!

Looks quite well and polished, and as Ralferoo said, I've discovered some games I didn't knew they existed.

I find the navigation quite comfortable, and the only 'bug' I've seen is Bollaware misspelled as Balloware in the Bollaware report (both the page and the report description on the list of reports).

Other than that, just dandy!

Gryzor

Hey, great site!!! As the others noted, within seconds I found several titles I wasn't aware of/didn't remember. Awesome!

I agree with Ralferoo, screens should be bigger, though without filtering to upscale them.

Thanks for an awesome job done!

TFM

Great work! I'm looking forward to more reviews - based on facts and not on personal taste.  :) :) :)  It's just fine as it is.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Gryzor

redbox

Quote from: TFM on 18:32, 31 January 14
Great work! I'm looking forward to more reviews - based on facts and not on personal taste.  :) :) :)

Surely you mean "technical analysis" and not "review" then?

iXien

Thank you for all these compliments !  8)

Double the size of the screenshots is an interesting idea. I'll see what I can do to add a "x2" option above screenshots, like on the excellent Hall of Light for exemple (but not the antialiasing).

TFM, I'm not sure to understand your remark either. Are you talking about the content of the reviews or the choice of the games reviewed ? Like Redbox said, are you searching for more technical analysis ?

(thanks robcfg, I'm going to correct the "Bollaware" name mistakes)
http://homebrew.amstradtoday.com, the only website dedicated to CPC homebrew games.

Gryzor

Ah, and I logged on to correct your mistake about me correcting your mistake :D

BluesBrothers

I don't know if the cranky's made it over to France so don't know how this will translate;

Fan-dabby-dosy!

Or maybe I should just say;

C'est magnifique

radu14m

Gryzor

MacDeath

QuoteBut I'm French and I'm sure I made a lot of mistake translating all these text Translate from the language of Molière to the one of Shakespeare.
Rassures toi, il y a aussi quelques fautes en Français... :P

iXien said :

Viendez sur mon nouveaux site !!!
Come over me new site !!!

anyway fun fact : with your first post you exploded the "like" number record... (is he ?)

mr_lou

Looks really great!

You're missing "Teodoro no sabe volar", which definitely belongs on that site.
http://www.retroworks.es/php/game_en.php?id=6

"Sort'em" is also missing, but it probably don't belong there anyway.
Sort'em released | The Amstrad CPC news portal

TotO

The Teodoro's original box is on the website pictures, so I suggest that you just have to wait for unseen games.

"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

iXien

The 32 sheets you can find on the website is only a beginning, I've got a list with numerous homebrews to test and covers to create.

"Please wait, loading..."  8)

MacDeath

Read error.
Retry, Ignore or Cancel?

**fixed.

iXien

Don't be afraid MacDeath, lot of good things will follow very soon...

TotO

Quote from: MacDeath on 01:40, 04 February 14ignore, Retry, abandon ?
Witch computer ask that?
Not the CPC, for sure...  :-\

You already have 32 homebrew tested and covers/instructions/labels to build a real collection... Have you done that?
I think that you don't really understand the work behind and the website goal.

If only the review of "your games" are important, you just have to take a look on cpcgamereviews.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

MacDeath

don't worry, that was just a joke*... I love this site anyway.

*yeah, did it from memory, and failed, patched it and it is better now)

TotO

Sure, but it's more easy to "joke" by getting happy feedbacks that searching for what is going wrong. :p

MacDeath

well, as promised the content will be more solid with time. just can't wait. :)

Gryzor

TFM

Let us know here as soon as more reviews are up.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft