News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CHASE HQ II - THE WAIT IS OVER

Started by ukmarkh, 19:58, 03 October 10

Previous topic - Next topic

redbox

The guy who owns the copy shown in Retro Gamer said he (referring to the one currently on eBay) was "interested in seeing the price it goes for", so it would make sense he's interested in it's value.

If his version gets dumped then the cartridge's value will decrease massively.  So hopefully the community will buy it because then we all get to see a copy and are happy to pay a small amount for the privilege.  If a private collector buys it you can bet they won't be interested at all in getting it dumped  :(

TFM

Quote from: arnoldemu on 09:32, 20 October 10
My opinion is that really there should be 1 person from the CPC community doing the bidding to save it from collectors outside.

I agree totally. And anything else is imho unsocial  >:(
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Devilmarkus

Quote from: arnoldemu on 09:32, 20 October 10
My opinion is that really there should be 1 person from the CPC community doing the bidding to save it from collectors outside.

Yes I also agree here. Because:
What is more important?
- To own this cartridge, play it 4-5 times, then it goes into collector's mud?
- or to save this game for everyone?

Of course we cannot forbid it or so... But it would be VERY lousy, when a user here buys the game and keeps it secret...
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

arnoldemu

Quote from: Xyphoe on 17:57, 20 October 10
Thanks mate! And that's a done deal! Certainly in the unlikely case that I do win, then it would be nice to have some assistance dumping it too.  :)

arnoldemu - are you still in the UK and able to get to the Midlands?
Yes I am still in Sheffield.
I may be able to travel to help, how far are we talking..? Birmingham?
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

ivarf

Quote from: Devilmarkus on 09:38, 21 October 10

Of course we cannot forbid it or so... But it would be VERY lousy, when a user here buys the game and keeps it secret...

I am for keeping it secret. The game is probably so bad anyway, let the collectors have something extremly rare  8)

Devilmarkus

Quote from: ivarf on 11:38, 21 October 10

I am for keeping it secret. The game is probably so bad anyway, let the collectors have something extremly rare  8)

I am for killing ivarf. He is probably so bad anyway, let the CPC community have something special fun  :P

redbox

Sometimes being a   C64   user can be less painful.  :(

Cholo

Then again sometimes commodore users have a lot more pain:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AMIGA-MOONSTONE-HARD-DAYS-KNIGHT-MAP-GOOD-CONDITIO-/200532030102?pt=UK_VintageComputing_RL&hash=item2eb0a3f296

Anyways, lets all "chill" as much as possible in the situation and keep our heads.  We are bidding to save the game from going instinct. Better not end up all paranoid like in that old Humphrey Bogard golddigger movie  ;D

Anyways just want to confirm that im still willing to spend £20 in the collective bid.

ivarf

Why not instead look forward to playing a good new game like Sub Hunter  :)

Devilmarkus

Quote from: ivarf on 19:05, 21 October 10
Why not instead look forward to playing a good new game like Sub Hunter  :)

Yes.... a good option... Or play my latest CPC game: *smile*

TFM

Quote from: ivarf on 11:38, 21 October 10

Well, you guys from Norway are known for such greedy unsocial behaviour, but hey - no problem - what can we expect from Whale killers.

@Admin: Yes, yes, I shall shut up now! No problem  ;)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

steve

Just had a look at the auction and there are 5 bidders so far, with the snipers showing up at the last minute, so it won't sell for a reasonable price, and I have to say that no-one seems to care that the review of the game was not good, you would be disappointed if you paid £40 for it, you might be suicidal if you paid £1000 for it.

ivarf

Quote from: Devilmarkus on 13:49, 21 October 10
I am for killing ivarf. He is probably so bad anyway, let the CPC community have something special fun  :P
Quote from: TFM/FS on 21:02, 21 October 10

Well, you guys from Norway are known for such greedy unsocial behaviour, but hey - no problem - what can we expect from Whale killers.

I haven't said that I wan't to buy the game myself, and even if I had, would that be so wrong? Your responses seems to be in the tradition of Kangeroo. There is something about your German CPC-culture I do not understand. 

Gryzor

Aaaand with this fine example and demonstration of Godwin's law, we conclude this argument. Thank you gentlemen, let's now go back to the issue at hand, shall we? :D

Devilmarkus

Quote from: ivarf on 07:54, 22 October 10

I haven't said that I wan't to buy the game myself, and even if I had, would that be so wrong? Your responses seems to be in the tradition of Kangeroo. There is something about your German CPC-culture I do not understand.

Sorry, ivarf, in my case, it was only sarcastic humour.  ;)

eliot

Quote from: dragon on 15:40, 07 October 10
You have asked in the forum of ocean? There are many oceans programmers. Some scheduled games cpc. Maybe someone stayed for a cartridge.http://oceanexp.proboards.com/index.cgi
2 related topic exist:
http://oceanexp.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=games&action=display&thread=388
http://oceanexp.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=games&action=display&thread=329
Don't be afraid by the amount of posts to read!  ;D

Kukulcan

Ok for participe for 50 euros.

Gryzor

So what's the tally then?

I'm getting excited... is this happening? It's ending tomorrow! I'm raising my offer to GBP 30 :)

eliot

Don't you think that the fact to tell in a public place the amount of the bids is a good way for other motivated bidders to know easily something that shoud stay a strategic information???  :P

Gryzor

Quote from: eliot on 17:24, 23 October 10
Don't you think that the fact to tell in a public place the amount of the bids is a good way for other motivated bidders to know easily something that shoud stay a strategic information???  :P

Auction behaviorism falls under game theory. But, pragmatically and theoretically speaking, knowing what somebody else might bid shouldn't change your max bid which is based on factors independent of the competitors (unless you really hate that competitor etc). In this case, unless the other bidders are also pooling money, like we're doing, it's not very possible that it'll change anything...

spybro

ε αυτο πρεπει να το σχολιασω
ποσες ελληνικες λεξεις σε ενα αγγλικο κειμενο
την επιστολη ζολωτα μου θυμησες

ivarf

But I leave it to you and Gryzor to do the counting

Gryzor

Quote from: spybro on 20:19, 23 October 10
ε αυτο πρεπει να το σχολιασω
ποσες ελληνικες λεξεις σε ενα αγγλικο κειμενο
την επιστολη ζολωτα μου θυμησες

Hahahaha :D Spybro actually said that because of the greek words I used I reminded him of Zolotas. Zolotas was an old Greek Prime Minister who gave a speech (was it a letter?) in english, but using only words of greek origin... :D

Cholo

2h 30mins left on auction, and still no crazy larger  bids. We might stand a change  :)

Xyphoe

Well from a couple of postings here, I almost wish I hadn't said anything. But at least I have been honest, and I suspect there are at least few on this forum maybe that don't post so much but read here that will be bidding.

No increase in bids today ... so far ... but by 5/6pm I'm sure we'll see some movement. I guess by 6.10pm or 6.15pm I'll know whether it's gone beyond my limit or not, if people still stand by their pledges then as it stands I'll still be going for it.